1. IDK if I'm crazy but those spells look exactly the same
    ????????????????

legion is 110 dude.but tnx for pointing this out for the guy who said this is private legion server rofl.
    Edited: October 2, 2017

2. 1. MoP PvE is generally considered to have been amazing. Raids have many mechanics and were considered the best part of this expansion by many players. The raids were also pretty challenging and fun. I'm not a PvE player, so I can really only go by word of mouth. I mostly PvP'd on retail, and also mostly PvP on Frostwolf.

2. MoP PvP is excellent. Now this is just an opinion, but I enjoy the way most classes play out in MoP. Every class has a myriad of options on what they can do as it was the expansion with the highest number of abilities in the game. Furthermore, PvE gear is virtually useless in instanced PvP. The only gear that any serious PvP'er will use is Prideful gear (ilvl 550), because any item that is not Prideful will be downscaled to ilvl 540. This means no Shadowmournes, no Gurthalaks, no Vial of the Shadows, none of that garbage. It is your skill vs. the enemies skill and whether you raid for your gear does not matter.

3. Arenas. Arenas in MoP do not require teams. This cannot be emphasized enough. MoP allows players the flexibility of doing arenas whenever they feel like it, with whichever composition they like. Want to try something crazy like HLS (hunter/lock/shaman), but you got to 2k playing KFC (hunter/warrior/healer)? Well, now you just play with your new partners rather than leave a possibly high rank team.

4. Rated BGs. Expansions before Cataclysm did not have Rated BGs. For those that do not know what these are, Rated BGs are essentially a 10v10 battleground with arena rules (no flasks, potions, heroism, etc.). Rated BGs have their own rating system, giving titles and mounts as rewards unique to this bracket. This is my biggest gripe with WotLK. Once you are in a PvP guild and BIS, most of your game-time revolves around deleting low geared players in Random BGs or doing arenas with the same people over and over again. Rated BGs allow you to challenge other guilds and do competitive BGs!

5. Pandaria. Now I know many people hate Pandaria as a continent and its lore. That's fine, each to his own. I do feel the zones have a lot going on, and there is more to do in the world itself compared to Cataclysm. This is of course at a peak with Timeless Isle and pet battles.
    1. (PVE) - I'm not sure I agree here, Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar were relatively well liked, but it was never an especially standout expansion for PVE. MOP is also well known for the luke-warm reception to the overly easy heroic dungeons (which by the end were literally soloable by dps specs who could actually clear them quickly to boot). You had Challenge Modes which though were arguably a great addition they were really not popular at all with the greater audience, maybe this is a win for niche content but the biggest thing to come from this was paid boosting, literal real life money being exchanged.

Throw in the proving grounds, another bit of arguably good niche content that was pretty much entirely ignored by the larger audiences, Brawlers guild was somewhat popular at least.

2. PVP - Hell all I ever saw about MOP PvP during MOP was how poorly balanced it was and how over the top the CC was, it was a hot topic at the time and a big reason why Blizzard started to prune classes for WOD, to try to remove the over the top CC locked game. Of course what you describe as good PVP is purely subjective but the general consensus during the expansion from most discussions was "this is terrible, whine, whine, whine".

3. Arenas - Not sure why this is all that relevant, a quality of life change like all the other quality of life changes that get added each expansion.

4. Rated BGS was a good addition but it was a Cataclysm feature and not MOP, and ultimately over the years it hasn't proved to be that popular on the whole, if it wasn't popular on retail with millions of players then good luck getting anything out of this on a server with what 1000 players? Even Outland struggles for PvP numbers with 10k.

5. Pandaria - See you're listing this as a good reason while admitting it's a reason many people didn't like the expansion... Hell if you're looking at the broader picture then this is one of the most negative factors, despite subjective opinions (I liked it) this was one of the big turn-off factors for larger audiences, a stereotypical western view of asian (and chinese) culture in an american game, it was foreign to Warcraft in every way.

MOP expansion was full of people literally begging to see it end, it ended in a worse shape than Cataclysm (widely considered the worst expansion) despite the large amount of content available, yes now people are starting to look back with their nostalgia glasses but back at the time this expansion was hated by many. MOP had a lot of good stuff but really it's not a shining moment in WoW history.
    Edited: October 2, 2017

3. yes we only the last raid because last tier raids are the only RELEVANT raids.unless you consider raiding naxx with 6.5k GS in WOTLK.
    Naxx was a joke on release, regardless of gear.

if we consider scenarios PVE content then can add proving grounds and questing to aswell...
    seems like you have dome few LFR in SOO and thats all you know about the raid.but still you try to compare it to LK..which make me start to think you ptobably never done LK either in WOTLK.
    I lol'd at me not having killed LK. I'm pretty sure everyone on Icecrown has killed LK bud, it doesn't take much. It's a straight forward fight.

so"quitte a dew" retail top players are playing whenever they get free gear no mater how bugged the server is.this sound very legit keep going with that story.
    I mean, if you knew anything about the retail arena community, you could open arenajunkies and research this topic by yourself instead of looking so uninformed on the matter (and arguing about something you have literally no idea about). Yes, we had a lot of retail players come here on Legion's launch. They were instead offered free 550 characters elsewhere. Given that we had no conquest catch-up, and all these players wanted to do was queue 3v3, they went to the server that had no grind. Most of them went back to retail shortly after seeing how ****e the other server was. The whole point I was making was that these players wanted to play MoP, not WotLK.

but how can you mess up the exact amount of CP you get from rbg and arena since you currently play the expansion and as you said you PVP mostly?
    this c/min calculation argument is just pathetic.you play heal+ dpos and play vs heal+ dps for 20 mins every game,when you lose you get 0 cp....lets see what is faster RBG or arena?
    RBG rating was working fine back in the days when i played,if they have ****ed it up later well that sucks you warmane.and no 2k was not much at all,you just needed to sit in queue and spam global all days.EOE was alliance guild since catacylsm and was alliance when MOP release.
    Play double dps comps and you can quickly cap 2v2. I've done it plenty times, this isn't rocket science. It takes far less time to find 1 other guy and queue 2v2 than it does to make a Rated BG team.

I know for a fact the rating gain was bugged then. Why don't you tell us how many Rated BGs your players who had 2k rating won?
    Also, as you can see in the link here, EoE is a Horde guild on FW (and it was on launch as well):
    http://armory.warmane.com/guild/Edge...stwolf/summary

I believe you are talking about Stormstout, which was before Warmane's time.

/facepalm does that look like Legion to you?
    https://imgur.com/a/IEy1K
    here is how LEGION holy paladin spells look like.just so you know next time before you make stupid comment.and that on the background is argus so no its not private server.the other screen was from server that later become WOD.
    and what do you mean "even retail woulda been better.."?if you think geting glad on retial is that easy why dont you go ahead and give it a try?since you cant even tell from what expansion was my screen then clearly you have never touch legion you may like it.
    You are right, I have never played Legion (I never claimed to have played it either O.o). It sure sounds good, and if I didn't have a lot of friends here, I probably would be playing Legion as well. I thought you posted a screenshot from a Legion private server, since I had forgotten Legion is level 110, but it doesn't matter. The point I was making was that you showing us your gladiator title on a ****ty server that has an empty duel zone on an irrelevant expansion is adding nothing to the debate here. If you had gladiator on Icecrown or Frostwolf, or really any WotLK/MoP server with over 3k players, you could add something to the conversation with a screenshot of that. If you had a gladiator title from retail, even if it was WoD, it would also add something to the conversation, as we would understand you at least have the skill to get glad on retail. Showing us a glad title on a dead server which is likely broken beyond reason is kind of a stupid thing to do.

Not sure how you took me saying "even retail woulda been better" to mean I think getting glad on retail would be easier. I've tried very hard to make my English as understand-able as possible, but I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how you put those two together...

here look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ieHLYKB-0
    you are right landing CC and killing your target is hard when you face warrior who sit in def stance and have 2nd wind.took them some time to do so
    they even ****ed up the trap they still have insanely long CC chain.and this is what you call good PVP?siting afk in CC more then half of the game and your war passive selfheal for 3% every sec.
    healers been OP mean you cant land a kill w/o CC chain or dampening.thats what we hate about them.in WOTLK you didnt need insane CC chains to kill someone you can do it even w.o any CC and healer do die to DPS classes.in MOP on other hand healer are completely immortal until late dampening.
    So apparently Blizzcon is not a good representation of the game, but some terrible warrior/rdruid comp (who likely weren't even on voice comm) against a hunter/priest (who are on voice comm) are a good representation. Let alone the fact that Blizz devs have repeatedly said they don't balance the game around 2v2. Also hilarious how you think healer's can't be killed without dampening. Why don't you tell us just how many arenas you played in MoP (3v3 preferably) and what your highest rating was? What comps did you play and find OP?

I want to end this with one question. If you find MoP so terrible, why did you play on (I assume) Stormstout when it came out? You explained to us you played it, so I'm just wondering why? Stormstout didn't even have arenas working, nor any raids afaik, so why would you compare FW to it?

MOP expansion was full of people literally begging to see it end, it ended in a worse shape than Cataclysm (widely considered the worst expansion) despite the large amount of content available, yes now people are starting to look back with their nostalgia glasses but back at the time this expansion was hated by many. MOP had a lot of good stuff but really it's not a shining moment in WoW history.
    I think nostalgia is something that runs very deep in the WoW community. When Cata came out, people wanted to go back to WotLK, when MoP came back, people wanted Cata, when WoD came out, people missed MoP, and so on. The major thing is, this is the first time I've seen private servers be mentioned so heavily on AJ. All of these players are interested in MoP servers, while there are plenty of options for WotLK and Cata PvP servers. There had to be some reason that retail gladiators, some of the best players in the world, would want to play MoP, right? These players know a thing or two when it comes to PvP in this game.
    Edited: October 3, 2017

4. I utterly loved MoP and it's such a shame about all the detractors that won't see past the pandas.

My reasons for not playing MoP, though, have mostly to do with the fact that I'm already established in another expansion, that being WotLK. MoP's scripting quality is also well behind what Warmane's WotLK quality has achieved, and given the additional scripting complexities of MoP I don't think that is a gap that will be bridged for several years.

If I was not already in any guild and my choices were between MoP or WotLK realms of equal population and scripting quality I'd ditch Wrath in a heartbeat.

5. Like majority of Frostwolf players i moved to Icecrown, but its not even close to enjoyable as MoP. No idea when player count dropped so suddenly, but when script was way worse i remember Q being present every evening. This is a good idea but what i think we need more is advertisement outside of Warmane community.

EDIT: To all wrath fans arguing here, instead of playing same version for 8 years why dont you try something new? MoP had best pvp, picking a talent tree meant different gameplay and not 1% crit instead of 5% hit chance on a spell, 2s and 3s were more or less balanced and rated BGs were fun. For example I dont feel like farming rele gear for weeks (lets not start about wrathful), or playing PvE so i can gear for PvP.
    People say MoP is most gear dependent in PvP aspect, but id say wrath is since you even cant think about starting arenas before 6,2k or you get farmed in 1 second.
    No offence towards wrath, im just having really hard time trying to enjoy it.
    Edited: October 8, 2017

6. Notorius, you don't seem understand the most important thing. This thread started as an invitation to play the Mists of Pandaria expansion but now it seems to be only a place where you and other players try to elaborate arguments about certain subjects, just to prove that you are right about something, like: did the pandas belong to the warcraft lore? Is mist of pandaria pvp/pve better than wotlk? It has nothing to do with the point. We are not talking about these subjects, we are talking about people choices! You may think that wotlk pvp is all about bursting. Some players like to play on a pvp ground which is more fast phased, where even a single mistake can cause the loss of an arena match and, yes, sometimes even a lucky crit made by a bursting combo! But you know what's funny? To beat a LSP 3vs3 team with an unconventional arena team just because you outplayed them! Some players find it more satisfying than playing on a more slowly and a long cc chains based pvp. It's fine. You don't need to tell them otherwise and you will not encourage them to play MoP just by telling them that they are wrong, because they are not. They are just telling you what they find funny about playing on other expansions. You are coming up with silly arguments. How can you really say that the Lich King encounter is pretty straight foward? It has at least 5 different phases with various mechanics that will punish your raid group with a wipe if they are not well managed. It's not the damn old Deathbringer Saurfang! Have you ever given a try to Ulduar hard modes? Every expansions has it pros and cons, it's uselss to count them just to win an argument on the internet because it has nothing to do with all the subjective choices of the players. Keep having fun on Mists of Pandaria, maybe someday you will have fun on the other expansions as well!

7. Notorius, you don't seem understand the most important thing. This thread started as an invitation to play the Mists of Pandaria expansion but now it seems to be only a place where you and other players try to elaborate arguments about certain subjects, just to prove that you are right about something, like: did the pandas belong to the warcraft lore? Is mist of pandaria pvp/pve better than wotlk? It has nothing to do with the point. We are not talking about these subjects, we are talking about people choices! You may think that wotlk pvp is all about bursting. Some players like to play on a pvp ground which is more fast phased, where even a single mistake can cause the loss of an arena match and, yes, sometimes even a lucky crit made by a bursting combo! But you know what's funny? To beat a LSP 3vs3 team with an unconventional arena team just because you outplayed them! Some players find it more satisfying than playing on a more slowly and a long cc chains based pvp. It's fine. You don't need to tell them otherwise and you will not encourage them to play MoP just by telling them that they are wrong, because they are not. They are just telling you what they find funny about playing on other expansions. You are coming up with silly arguments. How can you really say that the Lich King encounter is pretty straight foward? It has at least 5 different phases with various mechanics that will punish your raid group with a wipe if they are not well managed. It's not the damn old Deathbringer Saurfang! Have you ever given a try to Ulduar hard modes? Every expansions has it pros and cons, it's uselss to count them just to win an argument on the internet because it has nothing to do with all the subjective choices of the players. Keep having fun on Mists of Pandaria, maybe someday you will have fun on the other expansions as well!
    If you've been following this thread closely, you will see that it's a few players who started posting on this thread saying MoP was not worth playing. While they do have the right to voice their opinions, what can we deduce about their intention at voicing them ?

For those who play in Fw and/or those who like MoP, we have good reasons to tell others "Hey I have fun playing this. Maybe you'll like it too". Reason that this realm doesn't have the population it deserves. That it'd be even more fun with more people. If someone from WotLK tries MoP, they have nothing to loose save a handful of hours doing a very similar thing they usually have fun doing. After these few hours, they will know whether they personally like MoP or not. Seeing that these new players aren't hurt in any way and that they'd probably have fun trying something different, it really is justified to try and make more people aware of MoP.

Now, back to the people who said MoP isn't worth trying. What big thing are they trying to protect by saying "Don't try MoP. It's bad" ? They're not "saving players from a terrible fate". They don't stand to loose anything if some players try MoP. But yet, they adamantly repeated that MoP is bad in one way or another. It's these people that tried to devolve this thread into a pissing contest. But thankfully, moderators deleted some of their extreme posts.

8. If you've been following this thread closely, you will see that it's a few players who started posting on this thread saying MoP was not worth playing. While they do have the right to voice their opinions, what can we deduce about their intention at voicing them ?

For those who play in Fw and/or those who like MoP, we have good reasons to tell others "Hey I have fun playing this. Maybe you'll like it too". Reason that this realm doesn't have the population it deserves. That it'd be even more fun with more people. If someone from WotLK tries MoP, they have nothing to loose save a handful of hours doing a very similar thing they usually have fun doing. After these few hours, they will know whether they personally like MoP or not. Seeing that these new players aren't hurt in any way and that they'd probably have fun trying something different, it really is justified to try and make more people aware of MoP.

Now, back to the people who said MoP isn't worth trying. What big thing are they trying to protect by saying "Don't try MoP. It's bad" ? They're not "saving players from a terrible fate". They don't stand to loose anything if some players try MoP. But yet, they adamantly repeated that MoP is bad in one way or another. It's these people that tried to devolve this thread into a pissing contest. But thankfully, moderators deleted some of their extreme posts.
    dont think there is single comment that say " dont play MOP".literally everyone who have negative view post why they dont like the expansion and thats all,sharing opinion and personal exp.and then Notorious start to convince us how wrong we are, and how we actually havent play it and dont know wtf we missing.its 5 years old expansion literally everyone in WOW community have play it until now.he even put vanilla elements in the mess when he run out of arguments.its pretty pathetic at this point.just accept the fact MOP is most hated expansion after WOD.when you start threads like this there will be lots of negative comments.

9. dont think there is single comment that say " dont play MOP".literally everyone who have negative view post why they dont like the expansion and thats all,sharing opinion and personal exp.and then Notorious start to convince us how wrong we are, and how we actually havent play it and dont know wtf we missing.its 5 years old expansion literally everyone in WOW community have play it until now.he even put vanilla elements in the mess when he run out of arguments.its pretty pathetic at this point.just accept the fact MOP is most hated expansion after WOD.when you start threads like this there will be lots of negative comments.
    Why are you posting your opinion on not enjoying MoP here? You can, ofcourse post it. Absolutely. Nobody can say otherwise. But why ?

I'm trying to understand what good that does to anybody.

10. Why are you posting your opinion on not enjoying MoP here? You can, ofcourse post it. Absolutely. Nobody can say otherwise. But why ?

I'm trying to understand what good that does to anybody.
    becuase thats what people do at forums.you want only people with positive opinion to post comments here? that will be some nice censor :Dyou say you wanna get portion of other realms population?well some people dont want to lose this portion of their population or they dont want this people to waste their time with something they may not like.our posts may not do any good for you but they may do good for other people.
    Edited: October 9, 2017

11. becuase thats what people do at forums.you want only people positive opinion post comments here? that will be some nice censor :D
    I'd rather think of what people SHOULD do in forums. If positive opinions, sure why not. If negative opinions, make it constructive criticism. Or atleast don't resort to abuses (not you, others) and petty taunts.

12. I'd rather think of what people SHOULD do in forums. If positive opinions, sure why not. If negative opinions, make it constructive criticism. Or atleast don't resort to abuses (not you, others) and petty taunts.
    Constructive criticism cannot exist when we are talking about finish product.all we can do is review it and share our own personal opinions about it.

13. Constructive criticism cannot exist when we are talking about finish product.all we can do is review it and share our own personal opinions about it.
    Although in the case of MoP on warmane, it isn't a finished product.

14. Although in the case of MoP on warmane, it isn't a finished product.
    expansion itself its finished.there will be no custom changes made by warmane as far as i know so its finished product.

15. Constructive criticism cannot exist when we are talking about finish product.
    Not finished. Actually, they recently installed pathfinding on Fw. It has some issues but nothing major. Most importantly, they succeeded in installing it without making realm lag. Just a bit more and it will be squeaky clean. And just for example of constructive criticism on this thread:

"I'd rather not play MoP since they don't have professions working there on Frostwolf". (They do, just using for example)
    This kind of comment has a solid base for it. It helps people who love professions to not choose FW. It helps staff understand how much exactly people put priority on professions about the state of a realm. Existing players can make accurate reports on bugs.

"I'd rather not play MoP since it is a fact that MoP is the most hated expansion after WoD" is not useful to anyone. People gotta try it themselves to really know if they like it. As long as it is clear that your dislike of MoP is an opinion, there is nothing wrong with it. But you got no cause to dissuade others from trying it.

PS: Too late for me to stay awake, so I will reply later if you have something else to say.

First ... 910111213 ... Last