1. Not finished. Actually, they recently installed pathfinding on Fw. It has some issues but nothing major. Most importantly, they succeeded in installing it without making realm lag. Just a bit more and it will be squeaky clean. And just for example of constructive criticism on this thread:

"I'd rather not play MoP since they don't have professions working there on Frostwolf". (They do, just using for example)
    This kind of comment has a solid base for it. It helps people who love professions to not choose FW. It helps staff understand how much exactly people put priority on professions about the state of a realm. Existing players can make accurate reports on bugs.
    as far as i know we are discussing the expansion itself not warmane dev team .as i said above MOP is complete and i have seen it perfectly working.try to make Constructive criticism with "there is too much CC in mop PVP"

"I'd rather not play MoP since it is a fact that MoP is the most hated expansion after WoD" is not useful to anyone. People gotta try it themselves to really know if they like it. As long as it is clear that your dislike of MoP is an opinion, there is nothing wrong with it. But you got no cause to dissuade others from trying it..
    please dont put words in my mouth.i said MOP is hated thats why its normal there to be lots of negative comments about it.
    also again no one have said " guys dont play MOP".we simple share out own opinions and what we hate/love about it.
    and if you read the comments people give very specific examples of what they hate about MOP ,"too much CC in PvP,op healer,too much dailys ........and so on".
    Notorious start this thread with post such as:

Why you should consider MoP:
    PVE is amazing in MOP,i have never done it but people have been telling me about it.
    PVP is excellent because there is no PVE items in it..
    ARENA is awesome because you have no teams
    RatedBG ...and then explaining that rated bg are bg with rating ../facepalm
    Pandaria,everyone hate it but i like it and there is pet battles.
    Talents,everyone hate them but i feel they are better then before

.....the guy completely ignore the main problems MOP have and give "Post-Cata Azeroth." as reason not to play....so i hope you understand why people feel like pointing out the problems he intentionally skipped.
    no one is stoping people from testing out MOP,but how about we give them the full picture of the expansion and then let them decide is it for themself?
    Edited: October 9, 2017

2. Constructive criticism cannot exist when we are talking about finish product.all we can do is review it and share our own personal opinions about it.
    Giving negative "reviews" is counter-productive to the point of the thread, though. Surely you can understand the concern? Arguing about minor points just so someone can show that they are "right", or just post for the sake of proving someone else wrong is silly for this sort of topic.

3. expansion itself its finished.there will be no custom changes made by warmane as far as i know so its finished product.
    Not everything works though, that is why it isn't a finished product. MoP on retail had vanilla, tbc, wrath, cata raids/dungeons 100% working. Warmane not so much. Then you have bugged quests, bosses, raids/class bugs. So no it isn't a finished product. The thread is about playing Frostwolf which isn't talking about the expansion as a whole at retail standards. What you're comparing is Retail MoP to Warmane MoP.

And if some people don't like MoP cause of how long SoO lasted, then why would you play a private server which will be at the final raid tier for essentially all eternity?
    Edited: October 9, 2017

4. If you've been following this thread closely, you will see that it's a few players who started posting on this thread saying MoP was not worth playing. While they do have the right to voice their opinions, what can we deduce about their intention at voicing them ?

For those who play in Fw and/or those who like MoP, we have good reasons to tell others "Hey I have fun playing this. Maybe you'll like it too". Reason that this realm doesn't have the population it deserves. That it'd be even more fun with more people. If someone from WotLK tries MoP, they have nothing to loose save a handful of hours doing a very similar thing they usually have fun doing. After these few hours, they will know whether they personally like MoP or not. Seeing that these new players aren't hurt in any way and that they'd probably have fun trying something different, it really is justified to try and make more people aware of MoP.

Now, back to the people who said MoP isn't worth trying. What big thing are they trying to protect by saying "Don't try MoP. It's bad" ? They're not "saving players from a terrible fate". They don't stand to loose anything if some players try MoP. But yet, they adamantly repeated that MoP is bad in one way or another. It's these people that tried to devolve this thread into a pissing contest. But thankfully, moderators deleted some of their extreme posts.
    There's only one thing that I find wrong on your post: a realm do not deserve any kind of population. It would be so if there were objective criteria to start with, but there are not. It's mostly based on personal choices, which are not linked only the pros and cons of every single expansion. There are many other things like nostalgia, the fact you have found a stable gaming community, the time and the dedication you have spent on your chars... I get what you are trying to do: you want a langer playerbase to have a more competitive pvp, to join more pve content. It's ok, but it's up to the Warmane administration to advertise their own realms. Actually they are putting more effort on the TBC and Wotlk expansions, because they find more attractive and because, let's be honest, they are running their own business here. There's nothing wrong with it, they are doing it fine but we have to accept it.

5. There's only one thing that I find wrong on your post: a realm do not deserve any kind of population. It would be so if there were objective criteria to start with, but there are not. It's mostly based on personal choices, which are not linked only the pros and cons of every single expansion. There are many other things like nostalgia, the fact you have found a stable gaming community, the time and the dedication you have spent on your chars... I get what you are trying to do: you want a langer playerbase to have a more competitive pvp, to join more pve content. It's ok, but it's up to the Warmane administration to advertise their own realms. Actually they are putting more effort on the TBC and Wotlk expansions, because they find more attractive and because, let's be honest, they are running their own business here. There's nothing wrong with it, they are doing it fine but we have to accept it.
    A realm does deserve a particular population. Like you said, how many depends on various factors. Nostalgia, yes. Stable gaming community, absolutely. And many more. But then there's the most fundamental, objective factor. That is how well the realm is scripted. It doesn't matter how nostalgic you feel about an expansion if the server you're playing on is utterly bugged. It won't feel good or satisfactory in anyway in the long run. I started from WotLK and have many fond memories of it. The first LK trash farm I did, was on my Ret pally with intellect and agility pieces on it because I didn't know what the hell they meant. Many people cursed at me for it (even tho it was just trash farm), but another Ret helped me for a couple of days setting up all my talents, telling me rotation, stat priority, running FoS/PoS etc. It was the first time I received such a kindness from a complete stranger in WoW. I will not forget that and I love LK raid for that memory. But no matter how much I want to relive that memory, if I see mobs from that raid getting stuck in a pillar or getting an Evade bug, it wouldn't feel like I'm at the same place I was years before.

The whole point of the thread being posted NOW is that. In the beginning of the year, I wouldn't have recommended anybody to even try Frostwolf. There were some bugs (PvP ones) that pissed me off to no end. I stayed only because staff promised that work on WotLK was almost complete and more focus would be given to MoP. That promise of better scripting rooted me here and the staff came through on that. My guild wanted to play MoP as well but due to the poor scripting, we played on WotLK as well for a while. But came back as soon as we knew we still had hope in MoP.

When I said a realm deserves a particular population, this is what I meant. The work Devs have put into it deserves more than 1500 players. As for the expansion itself, even at it's lowest population there were still millions of players in retail, yes? It's a false assumption to think that the ratio of players who liked MoP vs players who hated it would be same here as in retail. If Frostwolf was scripted as well as retail, surely a few hundreds or thousands out of those millions of players might be interested in playing here. If they only knew Fw existed. Maybe, maybe not. But who can authentically know they won't be interested?

Seeing that WotLK and Cata players here already know Frostwolf exists, we have a chance at reaching them than people who're on retail currently. This is not some targeted attack at WotLK's population, but only a part of our efforts to promote Frostwolf. Advertising on retail directly about a private server isn't a practical idea. We're, however, trying safer methods. Posts on reddit forums (of other pservers too hehe). Making a youtube channel for Frostwolf videos (currently reaching out to all major guilds about donating one or more videos and some streamers). A guild member of mine is even making banks (yes, banks) full of mats to make gear for free for new players. There's a horde player making pug-only raids trying to help them gear for PvE (check fw forum). The discord channel Notorious made for Frostwolf has been a great asset as well, especially for new players.

as far as i know we are discussing the expansion itself not warmane dev team .as i said above MOP is complete and i have seen it perfectly working.try to make Constructive criticism with "there is too much CC in mop PVP"
    You're talking about the expansion only. Rest of the people are also talking about the state of Frostwolf. If you've seen MoP at its finest and still don't like it, then don't play it. As I've said before, you have no good reason to stop others from trying it.

You edited the possible reasons into your comment a while after you published that post so I missed it. But I will reply here about that. WotLK has a big enough population that nobody there has to fear of loosing people to other expansions. Even if, by some unknown miracle you loose 6k people tomorrow, there's still more than 6k (i.e. including people in queue) which is same or more than retail servers' capacity. Quite the abundant population for everything WoW related. And let's not forget, this would be a miraculous incident if it happened. Realistically speaking, say WotLK looses 500 people from WotLK to Frostwolf. Still wouldn't put a dent into WotLK population because people in queue will fill that space quickly. Next, you're saying you're worried about people wasting their time on MoP? Already answered that several posts before.

And finally, about the constructive criticism. Never said that you must provide a reply AND that it should be constructive. If you don't have one, don't provide because it will probably be a subjective issue, one not common to all players and thus harmful, if portrayed as a fact. Just like "too much CC in mop Pvp" is. From WotLK perspective, it sure looks that way. From MoP perspective, WotLK relies more on damage than it should. Point being that you're only looking at it from WotLK perspective, taking it to be THE perspective.

please dont put words in my mouth.i said MOP is hated thats why its normal there to be lots of negative comments about it.
    also again no one have said " guys dont play MOP".we simple share out own opinions and what we hate/love about it.
    and if you read the comments people give very specific examples of what they hate about MOP ,"too much CC in PvP,op healer,too much dailys ........and so on".
    Notorious start this thread with post such as:

Why you should consider MoP:
    PVE is amazing in MOP,i have never done it but people have been telling me about it.
    PVP is excellent because there is no PVE items in it..
    ARENA is awesome because you have no teams
    RatedBG ...and then explaining that rated bg are bg with rating ../facepalm
    Pandaria,everyone hate it but i like it and there is pet battles.
    Talents,everyone hate them but i feel they are better then before

.....the guy completely ignore the main problems MOP have and give "Post-Cata Azeroth." as reason not to play....so i hope you understand why people feel like pointing out the problems he intentionally skipped.
    no one is stoping people from testing out MOP,but how about we give them the full picture of the expansion and then let them decide is it for themself?
    Not putting words in your mouth, but paraphrasing for convenience. I certainly understand if that's not your thing.
    And no, Notorious starts the thread with this :

Hello All,

I'm here to promote Frostwolf and MoP in general! I'm obviously going to be biased since I love MoP, but I will try to be as balanced as I can presenting both the good parts and bad parts of MoP. For background, I've played WoW since vanilla, having played vanilla-cata on various private servers, MoP and some WoD on retail. As you can imagine, having played WoW private servers since the very first years, I have a lot of patience in dealing with bugs. You may be different, and that is fine. I will explain how well Frostwolf is working and you can decide for yourself if its worth trying.
    Meaning that each and everything he wrote afterwards, he agrees is his opinions and may not be a universal fact. That disclaimer is quite important you know.

But let's come back to that question of mine you never really answered. If you dislike MoP, and don't intend to play it, why are you posting here? Again, you can post, not saying you can't. But what is your reason? How are you trying to help people here? I'm genuinely curious about that.

6. I was talking about private servers advertising, which is quite common and do not require to draw the attention of the retail players but should be directed to the private servers community, outside of Warmane. Most of the retail players, being twich streamers, would be banned by Blizzard if they play here. Bajheera has been hired for a Molten Tournament but that was years ago and now Blizz has taken some more serious actions against the private server community.

I know that the quality of the scripts is an objective factor you should consider while choosing where to play but, as far as I know, both wotlk and mop realms are quite well scripted here, so this specific factor would not encourage wotlk players to play on Frostwolf. Be patient, all the efforts you are putting on this project may pay off someday. By the way, you are comparing yourself with Icecrown and Outland realms, which are by far some of the most populated realms in the entire private server communty. So, to be honest, Frostwolf is not really so low populated. That are other private servers out there, running different expansions, with more or less the same population and people still find them enjoyable. Consolidate your gaming community and have fun with it but do not take this too seriously.

7. I was talking about private servers advertising, which is quite common and do not require to draw the attention of the retail players but should be directed to the private servers community, outside of Warmane. Most of the retail players, being twich streamers, would be banned by Blizzard if they play here. Bajheera has been hired for a Molten Tournament but that was years ago and now Blizz has taken some more serious actions against the private server community.

I know that the quality of the scripts is an objective factor you should consider while choosing where to play but, as far as I know, both wotlk and mop realms are quite well scripted here, so this specific factor would not encourage wotlk players to play on Frostwolf. Be patient, all the efforts you are putting on this project may pay off someday. By the way, you are comparing yourself with Icecrown and Outland realms, which are by far some of the most populated realms in the entire private server communty. So, to be honest, Frostwolf is not really so low populated. That are other private servers out there, running different expansions, with more or less the same population and people still find them enjoyable. Consolidate your gaming community and have fun with it but do not take this too seriously.
    I'm not sure why Warmane wouldn't advertise MoP. Perhaps they'd only feel comfortable to do so once it reaches WotLK's level of scripting. As far as advertising Frostwolf to retail players, be it by Warmane or the players here, I agree with you. That idea has limited potential. But we can still try :)

About the population for Frostwolf, I personally would be satisfied with it once we have 4k. One major obstacle is another server that is not as good as Frostwolf but still has more population. They are the main target audience of our efforts. Staff is helping with this issue by giving more rewards to 3s than 2s and organizing tournament.

8. I utterly loved MoP and it's such a shame about all the detractors that won't see past the pandas.

I'm already established in another expansion, that being WotLK. MoP's scripting quality is also well behind what Warmane's WotLK quality has achieved, and given the additional scripting complexities of MoP I don't think that is a gap that will be bridged for several years.

If I was not already in any guild and my choices were between MoP or WotLK realms of equal population and scripting quality I'd ditch Wrath in a heartbeat.
    Hey!

Glad to hear you liked Frostwolf. I can totally understand not wanted to move when you have a guild and friends already on one expansion (its why I don't play Legion after all, haha). Furthermore, I can also understand why FW scripting would be holding you back. I think its great you would say that, since it shows staff what the number 1 challenge for Frostwolf is, and that is scripting. I'm not saying that dedicating all the devs that Warmane has to MoP would make the realm retail-like in a month, but I do think FW could use more dev power. Whether that happens is obviously for the staff to decide.

I would ask this of you, maybe try to level some characters together with your guildmates/friends if you are bored on Icecrown. I know you're a hardcore raider in a pretty hardcore guild (probably), so I imagine you may be running out of things to do. If that's the case, you may enjoy leveling with your friends on FW! Just an idea for ya.

This thread started as an invitation to play the Mists of Pandaria expansion but now it seems to be only a place where you and other players try to elaborate arguments about certain subjects, just to prove that you are right about something, like: did the pandas belong to the warcraft lore?
    The only reason I argued at all was because there were false claims made. Pandas do belong in the Warcraft Universe. To deny it is to make a false claim. I have no issue with people saying they dislike faster PvP, that's totally fine and if that's the case, MoP is likely not for you.
    Is mist of pandaria pvp/pve better than wotlk? It has nothing to do with the point. We are not talking about these subjects, we are talking about people choices!
    I wouldn't really argue if one is "better" than the other. I only said MoP had more and newer mechanics. Whether that is better or not is for people to decide. I've done PvE quite extensively on WotLK but not as extensively on MoP, and I have already found MoP fights to be more interesting. Some might disagree and that's fine.
    You may think that wotlk pvp is all about bursting. Some players like to play on a pvp ground which is more fast phased, where even a single mistake can cause the loss of an arena match and, yes, sometimes even a lucky crit made by a bursting combo! But you know what's funny? To beat a LSP 3vs3 team with an unconventional arena team just because you outplayed them! Some players find it more satisfying than playing on a more slowly and a long cc chains based pvp. It's fine. You don't need to tell them otherwise and you will not encourage them to play MoP just by telling them that they are wrong, because they are not.
    If at any point I have said that it is wrong to like faster PvP, then I would like to say that I was wrong in saying so. I don't think I've said that anywhere, but I'm not going to check. It is fine if you like faster PvP fights, good for you.

I will however correct anyone that makes false claims about MoP saying things like "you can't kill a healer until 80% dampening" (games end before that), or that "It's easy to CC someone for 1.5 minutes straight". When people make false statements, I have to come and correct them, do I not? I can't just let people spread misinformation around...

How can you really say that the Lich King encounter is pretty straight foward? It has at least 5 different phases with various mechanics that will punish your raid group with a wipe if they are not well managed. It's not the damn old Deathbringer Saurfang! Have you ever given a try to Ulduar hard modes? Every expansions has it pros and cons, it's uselss to count them just to win an argument on the internet because it has nothing to do with all the subjective choices of the players. Keep having fun on Mists of Pandaria, maybe someday you will have fun on the other expansions as well!
    I find LK simple because compared to later raids, it was simple. Compare the LK encounter to Halion, Sinestra, Ragnaros, Lei Shen and Ra'den, and even Dark Shamans. All those encounters are much more insane imo. Yes I have done Ulduar hard modes (not with 216 ilvl gear sadly, so it was a walk in the park for us) but honestly even Yogg was a better fight than LK. Maybe I've just killed LK too many times and I'm bored of him. As for other expansions, I actually have a near BiS hunter on Icecrown and I've had it since the first day after Moltdown (never forget Ragnaros <3). I played it more extensively after Icecrown's launch, but as I played it more and more, the more I realized how stale the content is. The end game PvP is not even comparable to MoP in terms of things to do, and the PvE is quite boring after so many years (as any expansion's would be). On MoP, we still do Rated BGs and 3v3s are much more easier to make than on any other expansion here. That alone gives me plenty to do whenever I log into MoP.

dNotorious start to convince us how wrong we are, and how we actually havent play it and dont know wtf we missing.its 5 years old expansion literally everyone in WOW community have play it until now.he even put vanilla elements in the mess when he run out of arguments.its pretty pathetic at this point.just accept the fact MOP is most hated expansion after WOD.when you start threads like this there will be lots of negative comments.
    Again, I only tried correcting facts when people said things that were utterly wrong. There are many players on this very thread that have said how they never played it because "muh pandas". Maybe the pandas is a big deal to these people and I'm just wasting my time, but I truly feel I can get them to try the expansion by explaining what other changes are in there. When people then try to debate whether Pandas are lore or not (a subject I know QUITE well) then I will obviously explain to them exactly why Pandaren are indeed part of the lore. The only time I brought up Vanilla was during my explanation of the lore and how the main bosses in Vanilla were all made up in WoW and were not part of Warcraft lore to begin with. I also brought up C'thun not being kill-able on launch. Don't think I mentioned anything else?

In terms of advertising, you guys would be foolish to think this is the only thing Frostwolf players (and me) are doing to promote the realm. We've been working on quite a few other things as well to target players outside of Warmane. However, Warmane players on other expansions are the population that is most likely to give Frostwolf a try, which is why I spent so much effort in this thread.

9. Sad thing is that 2,5k people sitting in Icecrown Q could easily fill FW to max players, and i bet 80% of them would stay if they only gave MoP a chance. Maybe giving new players bonuses like Outland did with A-H ratio? XP/Honor/Drop bonus?

10. Sorry if this will be off-topic, but what are the pro's of the MoP server, i have to start this private server and don't know which server to start with. Can someone explain me some pro's and con's of the MoP server? Thanks in advice :D

11. Sorry if this will be off-topic, but what are the pro's of the MoP server, i have to start this private server and don't know which server to start with. Can someone explain me some pro's and con's of the MoP server? Thanks in advice :D
    Go back to the very first post in this thread, and Notorious sets it out for you in great detail.

12. Sorry if this will be off-topic, but what are the pro's of the MoP server, i have to start this private server and don't know which server to start with. Can someone explain me some pro's and con's of the MoP server? Thanks in advice :D
    Pros: server is in an OK state for a private server. Probably in the top 3 MoP pservers. Sure there are bugged quest (most of them doable in some ways), but nothing that high exp rate can't overcome. Okay community for the realm, people are generally friendly and willing to help if you ask for it.

Cons: people who actually don't play MoP come to forums to say how it's crappy and that there is low population on the realm, they will go on to say in a MoP thread how people should change to another expansion (older one), instead of going to dedicated subforum for their realm to write how their realm is good.

So i would say do not listen to the nay sayers and just try yourself, i got 5 chars almost BiS played everything there that could be played (except brawlers guild as it was released recently) honestly i had a blast there.

13. I think that mop deserves a new progressive realm now,when almost everything is fixed!

14. This bugs me: why hasn't anyone mentioned anything about Twinking on MoP?

MoP started the scaling of gems, gear and enchants for twinks, making twinking simultaneously easier and more complex in MoP than in any of the previous expansions.

It's also far faster to level up a twink on Frostwolf than on its predecessors too.

With a host of dungeons and raids open at levels 60, 70 and 80 - including the infamous Icecrown Citadel from Wrath of The Lich King, well... just imagine the possibilities...

First ... 21011121314 Last