1. If there's one thing I want people to take from the post, then its the fact that they should just give FW a try!

Also come join our discord server if you have any questions!
    I gave it a try 3 months ago... I went on global, and saw 540+ for Throne of Thunder normal, I logged off never to play it again.

I love MoP, and really want to try it. But with the cash shop, and the really late start to the expansion, it's difficult to do any raids with people wanting high item levels for a simple raid. I'd rather not wait 5 months to gear up, when I can play Legion and do dungeons to get 950 gear.
    Edited: September 19, 2017

2. I give you the reasons as they are and as everyone says it, and you dismiss them, giving your made-up reasons that have nothing to do with the issue. Changing WoW for Hearthstone (I've been playing it since beta), wow, are you serious? You think someone would "change" from an MMORPG to a board game because the board game is better and not because the MMORPG sucks ***? League of Legends came out in 2009 (I've been playing it since 2013). Guild Wars 2, TES:O are completely different to WoW and have their own fan base (I have played both). I'm not an edgy teenager, I'm a 27-year-old guy who dismisses your opinions as delusional. Because that's what they are.
    Except you didn't give reasons why people hate MoP. From your own post:

1. "MoP PvE is generally considered to have been amazing" - yes, except that I don't give a flying **** about any of the raids. Mogus, shas, siege of what the **** Orgrimmar??? No, thanks, I don't care how mechanical the raids were. It was for the same reason why I didn't play WoD.

2. MoP PvP is excellent - PvP is the last reason ever that would draw me to any kind of game. My days as a PvPer ended long before 80% of the current WoW player base even started playing the game.

3. Arenas - I don't care.

4. Rated BGs - refer to the above.
    You said you don't care about PvE. You said you don't care about PvP, arenas, nor Rated BGs. If you don't care about any of those things, then why even comment on it? Heck, why even play the game? You didn't make any argument saying that people didn't LIKE PvE in MoP, or PvP in MoP. You said you don't care about it. That type of comment just doesn't have any discussion. At least DamnOriginal made a point saying what he disliked about PvP in MoP. You didn't make any points whatsoever, merely explained to us why your opinion is irrelevant, since you apparently don't like to do anything in the game.

Well Arcane sucks even more than in cata. (or maybe I just suck at it).
    Sorry I missed this, but Looshi got rank 2 in 3v3 here as an Arcane mage. Arcane is far more viable in MoP than any expansion before.

I just re-read that thing of a post again. I had to google Hafu and it didn't help much, honestly. Krip became famous BECAUSE of Hearthstone.
    Kripp had plenty of world first kills and was considered the leading hunter during your beloved WotLK. His Diablo 3 prowess also gained him fame long before Hearthstone came out. Hafu is a Blizzcon winner (from early Cata I believe).

Players went to stream Hearthstone not because they think the game is any more interesting than WoW, they did it because it makes them good money. Hearthstone has far more players than WoW ever did and far more people watch it than they did WoW.

Its not really the case that more specs are viable in MoP.
    On wotlk all specs except holy priest and fury warr are viable in pvp.
    In MoP all specs except prot warr and prot paly are viable.

The only difference is that PoS/FoS/HoR pop up while LFR is dead.
    LFR is dead because population is low. We're working on fixing that! :D

Also no, far more specs are viable in MoP than WotlK. Since moltdown, I think every(?) 3v3 team has been a destro/ele on Icecrown. On MoP we've had wmp, arcane/frost, demo/frost, and your usual RMD's, godcomps, and whatnot. MoP has far more viable comps than WotLK (Icecrown, not Blackrock) does for sure.

I gave it a try 3 months ago... I went on global, and saw 540+ for Throne of Thunder normal, I logged off never to play it again.

I love MoP, and really want to try it. But with the cash shop, and the really late start to the expansion, it's difficult to do any raids with people wanting high item levels for a simple raid. I'd rather not wait 5 months to gear up, when I can play Legion and do dungeons to get 950 gear.
    I would recommend finding a guild? I definitely agree the gear gap is massive, but I'm not sure why people asked for 540+ for ToT normal. With that said, I do think Legion has quite a lot going for it, so I doubt you would find MoP here enjoyable coming right out of Legion, specially as a PvE player. As a PvP player, I think MoP is the better expansion, but retail has us beat on frequent queues for sure.

If I may ask, what issue do you take with cash shops? Do you feel they allow players to quickly outgear encounters making them too easy, or is it just a moral issue you take with an easy way to acquire gear? I can understand the hate for cash shops in non-MoP servers, as PvE gear in PvP was very powerful in days gone by, and PvP players would feel required to donate or raid to be competitive, but that isn't the case on MoP.
    Edited: September 19, 2017

3. I gave it a try 3 months ago... I went on global, and saw 540+ for Throne of Thunder normal, I logged off never to play it again.

Remember this is not a MoP only issue, we have this same issue on every other expansion which because of the gear inflation because they only remain at one point, it is only going to get worse.

4. I would recommend finding a guild? I definitely agree the gear gap is massive, but I'm not sure why people asked for 540+ for ToT normal. With that said, I do think Legion has quite a lot going for it, so I doubt you would find MoP here enjoyable coming right out of Legion, specially as a PvE player. As a PvP player, I think MoP is the better expansion, but retail has us beat on frequent queues for sure.

If I may ask, what issue do you take with cash shops? Do you feel they allow players to quickly outgear encounters making them too easy, or is it just a moral issue you take with an easy way to acquire gear? I can understand the hate for cash shops in non-MoP servers, as PvE gear in PvP was very powerful in days gone by, and PvP players would feel required to donate or raid to be competitive, but that isn't the case on MoP.
    Same problem with a guild: they will ask for a high item level before you can join.

The issue I have with cash shop is exactly what Romz stated above: as gear can be purchased with money, players will, on average, have an higher item level across the server. In short, this means that the average item level to enter raids will be much higher than a server without a cash shop - making it harder for players without buying gear, to get into raids.

I should add: I don't mind a cash shop. But because it's affecting the requirements to enter raids, then that's why it bothers me.
    Edited: September 20, 2017

5. your efforts are as noble as they're futile, this is like trying to stop the sun from setting tbh

6. Same problem with a guild: they will ask for a high item level before you can join.

The issue I have with cash shop is exactly what Romz stated above: as gear can be purchased with money, players will, on average, have an higher item level across the server. In short, this means that the average item level to enter raids will be much higher than a server without a cash shop - making it harder for players without buying gear, to get into raids.

I should add: I don't mind a cash shop. But because it's affecting the requirements to enter raids, then that's why it bothers me.
    the servers been out for like 2 years. even without a cash shop you'd still have a lot of people well geared.

7. your efforts are as noble as they're futile, this is like trying to stop the sun from setting tbh
    I mean, we did get some players to join from the efforts here, gonna keep trying, not like we have much to lose :)

I welcome you to give Frostwolf a try as well! You may just end up liking it!

8. LFR is dead because population is low. We're working on fixing that! :D

Also no, far more specs are viable in MoP than WotlK. Since moltdown, I think every(?) 3v3 team has been a destro/ele on Icecrown. On MoP we've had wmp, arcane/frost, demo/frost, and your usual RMD's, godcomps, and whatnot. MoP has far more viable comps than WotLK (Icecrown, not Blackrock) does for sure.
    Curious how u wanna fix LFR while the population of FW is rather dropping than increasing.

A spec doesn't have to make it to rank one in 3s to be considered "viable" in PvP.
    In terms of 3s on wotlk, Fmage/destro/healer is considered better than ele/destro/healer.
    Also, we had tons of different setups such as thunder cleave, DK/Spriest/healer and exotic comps with Pwarr, FDK and even a Demo lock that were participating on 3s tournaments.

9. I enjoy MoP because of the class design (monks are amazingly fun). But the truth is, the pvp population has died out and moved on to some ****ty russian server (don't understand this at all). So I don't play it much at all anymore, there's no competition, 3s is dead and even 2s queue's are getting stupidly long. ;(

10. Curious how u wanna fix LFR while the population of FW is rather dropping than increasing.

A spec doesn't have to make it to rank one in 3s to be considered "viable" in PvP.
    In terms of 3s on wotlk, Fmage/destro/healer is considered better than ele/destro/healer.
    Also, we had tons of different setups such as thunder cleave, DK/Spriest/healer and exotic comps with Pwarr, FDK and even a Demo lock that were participating on 3s tournaments.
    We fix LFR by increasing the population, which is what this thread is all about! I want to convince you to come join us in MoP and together we can do LFR as much as we like! :)

The 3s tournament was using Blackrock gear/rules. In such a gear setting (without a lot of OP PvE gear) ATC (African Turtle Cleave, or Prot Warr, Hunter) is very good. However even then, the only reason ATC did so well was because it was Homerjay playing :P

On Icecrown, I can't remember any season where ele/destro hasn't been rank 1 in 3v3. I genuinely try to check as often as I can, and whenever I have checked its been destro/ele on the top, with at least a few more in the top 10.

I enjoy MoP because of the class design (monks are amazingly fun). But the truth is, the pvp population has died out and moved on to some ****ty russian server (don't understand this at all). So I don't play it much at all anymore, there's no competition, 3s is dead and even 2s queue's are getting stupidly long. ;(
    I agree that pvp population has moved to said ****ty server, but I think some promotional events (maybe a free level 90, double exp rates, increase profession rates, or even a donation promotion giving good perks for a small donation) could all help a bit. I think as our raiding content improves, we can attract more PvE players who will end up doing PvP in their downtime as well, which should help bring more PvP players back as well.

11. your efforts are as noble as they're futile, this is like trying to stop the sun from setting tbh
    Helpful as always.

12. Except you didn't give reasons why people hate MoP.
    I gave you the reasons. You just don't see them as "reasons". I will not play an expansion which has almost nothing to do with the lore and goes completely out of the way to push Asian marketing to players. I will not play an expansion which is "more of the same, but worse". I will not play an expansion in case I feel bad and dumb just by playing it. I re-subbed 3 weeks ago and I have to say I enjoy Legion far more than I've ever enjoyed or will enjoy MoP. And last but not least, I will not play here in case there are other servers which have far better MoP and several times the population. I'm not going to mention any names, of course, Mercy.

Players went to stream Hearthstone not because they think the game is any more interesting than WoW, they did it because it makes them good money. Hearthstone has far more players than WoW ever did and far more people watch it than they did WoW.
    So what does that tell you about WoW and MoP then?

The point that I, Jakkre and some other people in this thread are trying to make is very simple: MoP is bad, playing MoP feels bad, no one cares how mechanically good the PvE is when its theme is completely off (****ing pandas, shas, raptor-men, wasp-men, mogus etc). I am NOT going to play that ****, and I'm not the only one. And PvP is just "more of the same", so there's no sense to even highlight that as a reason to play the expansion.

You're a simple PvPer and to you the environment of the expansion does not matter at all. The game could have Thomas the tank engine as a boss in it and you wouldn't care less. All that matters to you is that FW has more players so that you can have shorter queues. MoP to you is nothing but more PvP seasons with a little different spells. But as a PvE player and a lore fan, I find MoP to be a blemish on Warcraft lore. This is THE core of the issue, in addition to all the technicalities which I don't like about it.

Figuratively, what you're doing is like trying to push broccoli down my throat, and the more you try the more likely I am to vomit in your face, instead of forcibly eating it.
    Edited: September 21, 2017

13. So what does that tell you about WoW and MoP then?

The point that I, Jakkre and some other people in this thread are trying to make is very simple: MoP is bad, playing MoP feels bad, no one cares how mechanically good the PvE is when its theme is completely off (****ing pandas, shas, raptor-men, wasp-men, mogus etc). I am NOT going to play that ****, and I'm not the only one. And PvP is just "more of the same", so there's no sense to even highlight that as a reason to play the expansion.

You're a simple PvPer and to you the environment of the expansion does not matter at all. The game could have Thomas the tank engine as a boss in it and you wouldn't care less. All that matters to you is that FW has more players so that you can have shorter queues. MoP to you is nothing but more PvP seasons with a little different spells. But as a PvE player and a lore fan, I find MoP to be a blemish on Warcraft lore. This is THE core of the issue, in addition to all the technicalities which I don't like about it.

Figuratively, what you're doing is like trying to push broccoli down my throat, and the more you try the more likely I am to vomit in your face, instead of forcibly eating it.
    that's your opinion, and one not shared by everyone. there's nothing wrong with trying to get more people to play the expansion that you enjoy playing on. hell everyone wants more people on their expansion. there's threads weekly for either lord or Medivh and wanting the population increased. just because mop doesn't meet your preferences doesn't mean it doesn't fit others.

14. I enjoy MoP because of the class design (monks are amazingly fun). But the truth is, the pvp population has died out and moved on to some ****ty russian server (don't understand this at all). (
    You don't understand it because it hasn't happened. I have a toon on that ****ty Russian server, and I can't even find anyone on there to answer my questions in English. It feels like a total ghost town for English speakers. Yeah, a handful of serious 3v3 guys went there, but a lot of them have since left.

The truth is that, when it comes to everything but 3v3, no server is even a close second to Frostwolf in pvp. And hopefully the conquest catchup and upcoming tourney will attract some more 3v3 players.

One point about WOTLK vs. MoP. I've heard a lot of guys say that the higher damage/health in WOTLK makes quick reaction time more important. That's a fair point in duels and arena, though many prefer the strategizing and cc chains that are more important in MoP arena. But in bgs, WOTLK's high damage/health ratio just means people are constantly getting one shotted by zergs.

There is simply no comparison in how much more fun MoP bgs are than WOTLK bgs. I strongly suspect that many of those who play WOTLK bgs just don't realize how much more fun the same bgs are in MoP. I'm confident that there are enough people who love MoP bgs that the Frostwolf bg scene will never die out completely, though it's a sad fact that in time all WoW private servers will have more players leaving than starting fresh.

Once you accept the general trend in WoW private servers, you can stop whining about it and just work with other people who love the expansion you do to keep a good thing going as long as possible. Frostwolf still has 3-4 times more players than Neltharion, so population is all relative. If Frostwolf ever declines to Neltharion's population I plan to still be there, organizing certain times in which we can still get bg queues and the like. A server is largely what you make of it.
    Edited: September 21, 2017

First ... 45678 ... Last