1. Reset character achievements at trading, seriously

Character trading via marketplace is destroying PvE. Specially talking about pug raids.
    To ask for certain achievement at the moment of inviting someone to your pug raid, is probably the only guarantee you have that this player is worth inviting. And that's totally right.

Happens to me almost in every pug I make or join, that some "boosted animal" comes to Violet Hold in order to be inspected, with his/her shiny Light of Dawn title and bis gear.
    Raid is now full, we head to ICC and the same player manages to die on every and each boss. Sitting on flames, ignoring fester's spores, targeting BPC's orbs, tombing everyone at Sindy and exploding from necrotic plague.

This system has turned character achievements into things without any value at all. It takes only a few bucks to buy a character with some decent gear and end-game achievements (or even realm firsts). That doesn't sound good at all.

All character achievements should be wiped at the time of buying it from marketplace.

2. kind of 50/50 on this. as i do see where your coming from, but i'd guess good achi's is 1 of the big things that helps characters sell.

3. kind of 50/50 on this. as i do see where your coming from, but i'd guess good achi's is 1 of the big things that helps characters sell.
    What's the point of achievements then? You can buy characters with achievements you didn't work for, yet it looks like you did. You're ripping off all value from achievements if you let your users BUY them.

Analyse this case:
    A fresh 80 paladin gets just sold in markpetplace, buyer#1 manages to get some gear from icc 10 and BG, then he decides to re-roll and sell the paladin to buyer#2, who is a pvp player and collects full wrathful set plus tons of PvP (arena-bg) achievements. But he gets bored and places the character back in marketplace, so buyer#3 gets it, enjoy a bit of easy-pvp (facerolling, because he has no idea how to use the class, yet everyone sees him as an "experienced" player) with his/her brand new fully geared paladin.
    Truth is buyer#3 was never a PvP player, but a hardcore PvE one. So he gets the character to the guild, farm all end-game content and that's it. There's nothing left to work for on that character, so let's sell it to the "final" buyer, buyer#4

The paladin is now bis on each spec, plus 9000+ achievement points.

4 people worked on that paladin's achievements, while you were playing with your 3 "chitty" toons (or even your only character, but you HAD to learn about PVE and PVP before getting those achievements/gear), 4 guys where boosting a single character right to the end-game. So what you could accomplish in like, 2 years, they did it in half a year, or even less because that paladin never went offline (pretty much).

But that's just an example, the problem here is that achievement are not valuable anymore, you can't say how good (or dedicated) a player is by character's achievements anymore.

So it not only breaks PvE (I'm tired of getting ID on raids at 3rd boss or so, because MT or anyone screw up -and by screwing up I'm talking about this specific case- so hard that everyone leaves, and nobody wants to take ID by joining a failed raid), it also turns achievements into worthless pieces of data. When achievements are supposed to be the main value a character has.

4. Completely agree on this. Just wipe the PVP and Dungeons and Raids sections, keep the others like explorer, events and that stuff, they don't hurt anyone.
    But seeing LoD chars with bis weapons and trinkets rest random gear ( cause they sold with 3 items only) failing on each corner in raids when you can't get your alts in pugs till you finish a grun (if your guild is doing normals) really sucks. Or even if they're bis they just run in and die somehow.

Let them have instant 80s with gear, that was always possible, now they just get some cool free mounts. But achievements are messing up PVE pugging, even guild members that join through /w are sketchy now.

5. Just wipe the PVP and Dungeons and Raids sections
    Yeah, I though on that too but here comes the problem about the real value of achievements.
    That would solve the problem with PvE indeed, but the issue about achievements becoming worthless is still there...

6. Completely agree on this. Just wipe the PVP and Dungeons and Raids sections, keep the others like explorer, events and that stuff, they don't hurt anyone.
    Thats the best thing to do :)

7. Dude, I completely agree. I'm baffled as to why such system was not there from the beginning? ? ? What the actual hell.

Now I have to ask every single player 5 questions about tactics, because achievement is worth even less than before.