1. Buying an SSD or an HDD

Right now I am thinking into buying an SSD ( something around 240 GB ) or a 2TB HDD
    I have a 500 GB Hdd and since the new internet connection i have is alot faster I really want to ask which one of those wont block my computer when I download something or run a download and WoW in the same time

Thanks !

2. go with ssd but careful with the SSD, try to find one with very good reviews and how long it last.

SSD tend to go nutts after 1-2 years of constant use, so get one of very good quality.

Keep the ssd for games and stuff only.

3. Ok , thanks alot , i will look into a Kingston one , it's around 90 euro here .

4. Drive speed and wow lag while downloading are not related (unless you're capping out drive read/writes and watching a loading screen) so none of those will remove lag from game while downloading, it's just the way torrents work.

But, regardless of that, go with an SSD, it's a massive improvement over HDD with almost no latency, way faster reads/writes and, my personal favourite part is the silence. I hate buzzing you hear from some HDDs, especially when they get old.

5. SSD tend to go nutts after 1-2 years of constant use, so get one of very good quality.

Keep the ssd for games and stuff only.
    Can't say anything about the 1st thing but if you buy a no-name part of any kind, you're just asking for trouble most of the time.

You should only keep the most essential games and programs that you load often, as anything else is just gonna take up your limited space. Also, obviously, put the OS on it.

As for the main post, an SSD wont affect download speeds or running multiple programs at the same time. Its just gonna make things on the SSD load a lot faster

6. Right now i would probably buy Crucial MX300 model or the Samsung 850Evo/Pro.

7. Well , Crucial Mx300 is way over my budget , I think that kingston Uv400 wil work fine with my computer .
    And by download I meant , when I want to download a movie or something else my computer does not support the download speed ( i have digi fiberlink 1Gb speed , on torrent when it gets over 60mb/s it literraly blocks my entire pc . )
    About WoW , fps is constantly 60 , but my hdd is 7 years old and kinda needs replaced .
    I'll buy one untill the end of the month and I will come with a review .
    Thank you all for the help

8. Well , Crucial Mx300 is way over my budget , I think that kingston Uv400 wil work fine with my computer .
    And by download I meant , when I want to download a movie or something else my computer does not support the download speed ( i have digi fiberlink 1Gb speed , on torrent when it gets over 60mb/s it literraly blocks my entire pc . )
    About WoW , fps is constantly 60 , but my hdd is 7 years old and kinda needs replaced .
    I'll buy one untill the end of the month and I will come with a review .
    Thank you all for the help
    Wow, lucky you. I take my last comment back then, the HDD can actually bottleneck your PC if your internet is THAT fast. Only thing i can reccommend is that i googled the UV400 and the write speed is kinda slow @350mb/s. For comparison, my Samsung 750 EVO has 540 read and 520 write for the exact same price. Make sure you look at the speeds before you make a final choice

9. I run a samsung 850 evo for about 8 months in my old laptop (planning to put it inside my gaming laptop to replace the hdd so I can have 2 ssd's instead), my boyfriend for about 1 and half year in his pc (also a 850 evo). They work great, no decrease in performance over time yet. It feels nice to have instant loading screens, I am always first in dungeons ^^. But indeed it will not help with lag that is true, it will not help improve fps either.

10. I run a samsung 850 evo for about 8 months in my old laptop (planning to put it inside my gaming laptop to replace the hdd so I can have 2 ssd's instead), my boyfriend for about 1 and half year in his pc (also a 850 evo). They work great, no decrease in performance over time yet. It feels nice to have instant loading screens, I am always first in dungeons ^^. But indeed it will not help with lag that is true, it will not help improve fps either.
    Glad to see the positive feedback on the 850. I'm getting one in the mail tomorrow to replace a faulty HDD in my old laptop, and keeping it for my future PC which will also hold an M.2 Ultra 960 Evo (which I already have, but I can only stare at it..). 850 will be 500GB, the 960 is 250GB. I figured 250GB would be enough for the OS and programs, maybe a couple games I want dedicated to its insane read/write speed. The 500GB for everything else.

11. So I bought an SSD ( a Kingston hyperx ) 240 gb and I am very happy about this SSD , I mean everything is much faster now when I start my computer it is hapening instant , before I had to wait like 5 minutes before I can use it .
    Thanks for the tips and help guys !