1. Exscuse me sir, but how many people still playing on this realm? And how many want to keep it that way. Make a pool and lets see what comunity want. From time to time changes are good, no matter what you promise 2 years ago

2. Lordaeron was designed to be a hard core realm without Dungeon Finder and heirlooms. That was our promise to the community of Lordaeron. We are not keen on going back on that promise.

It was set up like that before it launched and we have always maintained that it will stay like that. Changing it now would be going against the very design of the realm and the philosophy of it.
    It's pretty sure 90%+ of Lordaeron's pop wants rdf back. Ask you collegue for the evidence as he enjoys deleting it everytime it gets posted.

3. It's pretty sure 90%+ of Lordaeron's pop wants rdf back. Ask you collegue for the evidence as he enjoys deleting it everytime it gets posted.
    I was actually the one who brought it up to him, asking about the possibility of we changing our stance on this for the players, which prompted him to make that post. You don't have to agree with our policies or rules, but your snide remarks aren't welcome, and eventually will just make you not welcome if they persist.

4. How about giving it a try for a limited time period? Lets say 1-2 weeks. Along with some information gathering like amount of people actually using it daily/realm population with and without etc.
    And a poll about enabling before and after the test (You don't have to post the results - maybe at the very end). This could give a very good starting point on what to do with this topic.

5. How about giving it a try for a limited time period? Lets say 1-2 weeks. Along with some information gathering like amount of people actually using it daily/realm population with and without etc.
    And a poll about enabling before and after the test (You don't have to post the results - maybe at the very end). This could give a very good starting point on what to do with this topic.
    they dont want to abandon "progressive" experiment and the very very few players that support this is enough support for them, a mod said "is not open to debate" because they know if they did a poll they will see a majority wanting a RDF.
    Edited: September 19, 2017 Reason: "less offensive"

6. Like some people have previously posted, in 2015 it was naturally for RDF to be disabled because there were 12K people online and everyone wanted to run around summoning stones and spam on global, you were able to find people to do any kind of dungeon at any level. Now, however, the situation has changed dramatically in terms of population on Lordaeron. In order to get rid of unnecessary spam on global (without any result during leveling) and daily Gundrak only at level 80 and to attract more people that stopped playing or left Lordaeron - the opening of RDF will clearly solve all these issues. UNLESS... it's in your best interest for Lordaeron to lose population and eventually die out so you can just pull the plug and declare "due to the low amount of players we decided to end it and encourage all people to move on Icecrown because... well, we want everybody to donate and we don't care about what you want." But I might be wrong. I frequently am... for if I am I want to be corrected.

7. Plus all of that, most of the 80 dungeons are dead. Noone wanna do em except PoS, HoS and FoS farms. RDF will bring back the good old days that u have to pass every dungeon to find some gear to do em.
    I don't think people do Halls of Stone as much as you say they do. /s

The good old days were during Naxx content, when 3k gs was considered decent and when heroic dungeons were hard af (and fun), now, with or without RDF, they are faceroll (there will always be at least one player who can carry the group). putting a gear requirement to join dungeons (RDF does that) will only be annoying to new players. Just look around in forum, lots of threads with people asking how to gear up for RDF which is lol absurd.

You know that things change by time, and they can be changed for good.

I'm also playing Lordaeron since it's launch. And ofcourse at that time rdf wasn't needed.
    Next good thing that RDF would bring is end of Gundrak daily heroic. :D Gundrak is plague on Lordaeron that's only thing people doing. If you want to do other dungeon it's pretty hard to gather people for it.

Maybe some poll about RDF would be good. Why not give it a chance.
    Most people only do gundrak because, like Naxx, all other dungeons are old content, that gives low lvl gear, that nobody needs. Gundrak is the fastest way to get your daily 2x EoF. You can get people for other dungeons and its not as hard as you say it is (farming EoTs outside ICC dungeons, achivments, boredom), using the daily quest (when its available) helps get people, for example: when I started gearing my blood dk during late toc content, I used the [Proof of Demise: Anub'Arak] daily to convince people to join my [Essence of Gossamer] run, which was a nice lil stam trinket but even now you can get better elsewhere easily (I still could get people for it without the daily, but it was faster this way for obvious reasons).

Maybe a solution for the gundrak "plague" would be disabling daily sharing, just for proof of demise dailies, if thats possible.

TL;DR no reason to implement RDF, realm is working fine.

Edit: forgot to mention: fresh 80 can do toc fos pos hor normal, and then after getting some gear from those they can do those in heroic. so no reason to do naxx content rly, if all u want is gear.
    Edited: September 19, 2017

8. I was actually the one who brought it up to him, asking about the possibility of we changing our stance on this for the players, which prompted him to make that post. You don't have to agree with our policies or rules, but your snide remarks aren't welcome, and eventually will just make you not welcome if they persist.
    I can only thank you for forwarding this subject to one of the other devs. As you may have noticed I retained from linking to what we've discussed. I do respect the rules and therefor I handle within the margin of appropiate.

9. I was actually the one who brought it up to him, asking about the possibility of we changing our stance on this for the players, which prompted him to make that post. You don't have to agree with our policies or rules, but your snide remarks aren't welcome, and eventually will just make you not welcome if they persist.
    How about next suggestion: rdf and other woltc features will be enable instead of max online players of Lordaeron. I mean make max available online about 8 000 (to keep donation alaive).
    Or something else...idk...im just trying to make an offer wich will suit both players of Lord and administration.
    Or atleast create vote at Lordaeron forum page with features ppl wanted to involve on our lovely server^^.
    Best regards, modest player.

10. I don't see anything bad in disabled RDF (played on vanilla and TBC before, had no issues without RDF). But I guess RDF could be nice option for this server, but with one change from original behavior - do not teleport group to dungeon. This will reduce spam in global channel and make it more useful, because less people will disable it, and also will still force people to explore world and spend more time together in group.

Didn't read whole thread, dunno if anyone posted similar suggestion.

11. @zws1 That's pretty neat idea as well if one of the problems with RDF is no world exploration/travelling.

The truth is that if it is actually a donation problem (less people on Icecrown - less revenue) I'd be more than happy to have vanity items or items up to ilvl 120 (or similar, TBC raids) available for money. People love to transmog their characters and this could compensate the money loss at least in some way. This was also suggested before in the forums but I cannot recall where.

Other options might be boosters (xp only), however vanilla leveling feeling might be destroyed with them so its more of a loose suggestion.

Best regards

12. Yep. Doing Gundrak for the 370'th day in a row sure is Harcore on anyone's state of mind.

13. I don't see anything bad in disabled RDF (played on vanilla and TBC before, had no issues without RDF). But I guess RDF could be nice option for this server, but with one change from original behavior - do not teleport group to dungeon. This will reduce spam in global channel and make it more useful, because less people will disable it, and also will still force people to explore world and spend more time together in group.

Didn't read whole thread, dunno if anyone posted similar suggestion.
    this times hundred

14. Lordaeron was designed to be a hard core realm without Dungeon Finder and heirlooms. That was our promise to the community of Lordaeron. We are not keen on going back on that promise.

It was set up like that before it launched and we have always maintained that it will stay like that. Changing it now would be going against the very design of the realm and the philosophy of it.

What is exactly bad about RDF ?

What bad thing you think would happen if you enable RDF ?

PLS don't be deaf to the community feedback and let Lordaeron slowly die like Neltharion ... -.-

15. I completely agree. I fail to see a downside to RDF being enabled on Lordaeron. I really hope to see this one day happening.

First 1234 Last