1. [Icecrown] Hey there!

Hey guys, my name's Clorky and I'm from Czech Republic (Czechia). I'm new to Warmane and also, after a long time, to World of Warcraft as well.
    My story begins when I was just four years old. At that time, I've been lucky that we've had a computer at our family house. We had an old DOS computer which I can't really remember that well, but I remember playing those old games like Duke Nukem, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein 3D, Jazz Jackrabbit... and to everyone's surprise also Warcraft 2.
    Later on, when that old MS-DOS computer simply couldn't keep up, I finally had the chance to play some more, visually amazing games on W95 and later on, W98. Red Alert 2 was my long time favourite up until...

I was about seven years old when I finally could play Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and later on, Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. A game that I've been now playing for about fourteen years.

My first memory seeing World of Warcraft was when I watched my cousin play World of Warcraft: TBC at the age of ten. I instantly fell in love with that game, even though I couldn't really speak that much English or even understand any of those quests. But I just had to bring that game back home and give it a shot.

It took me about an hour to figure out you are supposed to register to a free server to play. It took me another hour to figure out you are supposed to change the realmlist to be able to join to a server.
    Remember the time where there weren't that many private free servers that had a public IP? Do you remember Hamachi? I do. I frakking hate myself for talking about Hamachi, that awful, unfunctional garbage, but hell... it still brings good memories in me even though I was so frustrated when trying to make it work.

I've started playing on a PvE "giga" fun server, with custom EQ and pretty well scripted TBC dungeons (man, those 40 man raids on Kael Thalas I can never forget). It was lagging, the GM's were *******s, it was boring at times. But oh man, the raiding. The raiding was just so great. After that, I tried many PvE and PvP servers, but nothing was ever as good.

I remember getting WoTLK under the christmas tree. I still had an old XP computer that was freezing all the time and crashed basically every few hours. The installation of (at that time) enormous 16GB took around ten hours. I'm not kidding. After that, the HDD crashed for it's one last time. After that, I finally got a PC that lived up to standards of the most visual demanding games (HD5870, 4GB of RAM, i7 950 and 1TB HDD... it blew my mind at that time, it was an insane upgrade from 80GB HDD).

I've never played on an official server, I don't feel like it's really worth it grinding for a month to get to the max level. I don't enjoy questing, I don't enjoy grinding. I enjoy raiding. I've never played anything newer than WoTLK for several reasons. I don't like the changes, TBC to me is a nostalgic bomb, WoTLK as well.

That's why I am now playing on Icecrown x7. I'm hoping to reach lvl 80 in about a week with my sporadic gaming nowadays, but after that I can say I am so excited about raids I can't even wait.
    Edited: September 18, 2017

2. True post with a lot of emotion man! really gave me nostalgia when you said about the old XP computer and the freezes and blue screens xD.

Cheers and Welcome to Warmane