1. Meele dps'es in PvE

Hello guys!
    My friend want to come back to WoW (icecrown) as meele dps. He plays PvE only and asked some ppl which class seems to do highest dps in endgame gear.

We typed:
    1) Warrior fury
    2) Frost Dk (arp build)
    3)Assa rogue
    4) Combat rogue

Can you help us clear this out a bit, which of them doing best in close-to-BiS gear?
    Also, how about state for fresh 80 with ~3k gs and state for early-raiding character, for example 5000-5300 gs?

Honorable mention to hunter, but he is not meele class. And we didn't consider retri as top tier dps class.

I will be thankful for any info/suggestions!
    EDIT: We're counting Shadowmourne as non-obtainable.
    Edited: September 18, 2017

2. I recommend you play

Warrior - ez pz just smash, no need to worry about anything. Hardest choice you will ahve to make is "should I cleave or Heroic strike?"
    DK - pretty ez, if you play unholy you have to sometime click some pet commands and maybe some "i rather not pest because its gona kill orbs".

Don't play rogue because you will have to tot in some very critical parts, thats is not in "top dupiiesss" category
    Don't play retri because you will have to do all kinds of Hands, Aura Mastery, buff people. Totally not in "top dupiiesss" basket.

So the best choice is Frost DK, your dps will ramp up very fast from some 232 to 264. Plus at least one is always wanted for that nice aura. Great survival CD's. Using 1 handed weapons.

3. And whats their single and aoe dps compared to war?

4. Dude, point is, you will suck with anything until you realize "top dps" is just a very small part, 9 out of 10 times irrelevant part, of being a good player.

5. And whats their single and aoe dps compared to war?
    It depends on the dk. Frost is the most unforgiving of the 3 Death Knight specs. If you max out any possible dps gains you can race with warriors on single target, although they're still a stronger class. When it comes to AoE you simply pale in comparison to what a Fury Warrior can do. If your friend plans to roll a DK and is completely new to the class or simply lacks the desire to try hard I'd recommend he pick another DK spec/another class (if he's uninterested in Unholy/Blood).

As for the classes you mentioned, assuming complete BiS, Warriors are generally on top of all other melees.

6. I love these views on warrior xd
    Isn't that true?

Make few macros for shield wall, pummel, disarm and hardest decision really is "cleave or no".

Compare that to retribution, you have to hop, sacrifice, dispel, buff, watch threat of raid members for salvation, do aura mastery at right times, even heal, lay on hands, stun, plus all the "personal" stuff.

Or am I missing something about warrior?

7. Or am I missing something about warrior?
    Demo shout,sunder application,keeping up commanding shout,intimidating shout are all required in some cases.

8. angrylol:

Dude, point is, you will suck with anything until you realize "top dps" is just a very small part, 9 out of 10 times irrelevant part, of being a good player.
    Yea we know that. Ofc ur point is valid, but am I wrong if I tell u that for example Enha shaman also have to do all the def/utility staff that war is doing (probably even much more) and still he's doing just less dps than war.

I know dps is not he most important thing, but hey, look, all classes have to follow tactics etc in addiction to doing DPS, right? It's not like you are not gonna be good player if choose warrior/rogue/dk just because their dps is higher :)

Thank you all for sharing information. I think my friend just gonna roll any class than can use almighty "DBW HC" - rofl ^^
    Edited: September 20, 2017

9. Compare that to retribution
    You joking right? Palas, especially rets, are baby ez mode, just like warriors you just have to mash 2 buttons then you are on top 5, every class have buffs, every class have some kind of CC or support skill to use. At least DKs of either spec have to worry about runes and rotation.

10. You joking right? Palas, especially rets, are baby ez mode, just like warriors you just have to mash 2 buttons then you are on top 5, every class have buffs, every class have some kind of CC or support skill to use. At least DKs of either spec have to worry about runes and rotation.
    1) Nothing is difficult in this patch. Aside from perhaps Feral Druids, nothing is particularly tedious or complex. Maintaining DPS uptime, not dying, and pressing buttons in vaguely the right order is all any class has to do. This isn't specific to Rets.

2) Post 2p t10 Ret has to execute an almost fully GCD-locked priority sequence, whilst also being one of only 2 classes that has to watch its auto-attack swing timer to optimize gameplay, and demands top-notch raid and situational awareness so as best to apply that massive raid utility. While this idea that Rets are very *****-friendly is one of the oldest memes floating around, I haven't seen anyone who I'd call an excellent Ret who actually thought the spec was a breeze to get the most out of.

11. Feral seems difficult, I agree. I mean their rotation. Not so many utility to do during encounter.
    Paladin have rather easy rotation, but a lot of utility Staff to do.
    Frost DK is kinda complicated, cause of 2 resources - runes and runic power.
    Warrior furry seems you only have to worry about ur rotation/skill prior.
    Combat rogue - a bit dynamic rotation, but with high-end gear its kinda like ss+evi and sometimes situational rapture. The only utility for raid you have to do is ToT.

Is it right guys? Cause if it is than I think war or combat rogue will be a choice to go. Seems like good dps & kinda easy rotation & not too many things to do instead of dealing dmg. Imo if I want to play a char that provides a lot of utility, that I'll just choose an healer tbh :D

12. Unholy is really good dps, including on single target, i'm almost bis and doing solid dps on single targets in icc, bosses like dbs/fester ending up with 16-17k on single target.
    And of course in AoE fights, unholy never loses

13. Since u said Shadowmourne is a non-obtainable item, i would say:
    Combat Rogue > Frost Death Knight.

Both classes are needed in raids duo to unique buffs/debuffs they bring to the raid table and cos they have solid DPS on top of that...

Why Rogue > DK?
    Frost DK, with Feral Druid, is the hardest melee class to play. Any minor **** up can make u lose a lot of DPS. Altho, u can always cast random Death and Decay from time to time and be in the raid just to provide 20% melee haste raid buff while doin almost no DPS (this is something most FDKs do out there, sadly).

However, if u can get Shadowmourne somehow, Fury Warrior is the best and easyest Melee DPS class u can go for.

As for Unholy DK, i wouldnt suggest going for it if u cant get Shadowmourne, but again, if u can get it, gear Fury Warr or Ret Paladin.

Edit:
    Both Feral and FDK can be mastered and become easy to play in time with practice.

I feel like Feral is easyer since u can always just make sure u keep Savage Roar up constantly on u, both Bleeds on ur Target, Spam Shred, and do nice DPS (Swipe when u need to AoE). The only thing that gets complicated is adding Fero Bite in the rotation without ****ing up other stuff (diference btwn Shred Crit and Fero Bite crit is not huge so u wont gain/lose much whatever u do).

As for FDK, there is no shortcut or easy rotation. U eather do the proper one or u suck...

(Also, the 30% movement speed increase makes things a lot easyer for Feral as Melee.)

I can say that Fury warrior, as someone who plays all melee classes, is easyest and most rewarding spec. All u need to do is be aware of ur positioning...

Rets are a bit more complicated than FWars since u need to make sure u track ur melee swings, switch btwn Seals from time to time and help the raid with utility stuff.

Combat Rogue is quite easy aswell, just make sure u track ur own combo points, buffs and debuffs while properly timing and combining ur cooldowns.
    Edited: September 21, 2017

14. Why Rogue > DK?
    Frost DK, with Feral Druid, is the hardest melee class to play. Any minor **** up can make u lose a lot of DPS.
    Combat Rogue is quite easy aswell, just make sure u track ur own combo points, buffs and debuffs while properly timing and combining ur cooldowns.
    Even if you press only the next available button as frost dk without any rotation or prio list you are still able to do somehow ok dmg. There is not realy much to track that would drop your dps by a big amount.
    As rogue you need to track a few buffs/debuffs and know how to refresh them in every combopoint situation. Missing to renew SnD is a huge dps loss, less dmg, less energy and waiting for another 5 cp is throwing you back even more. While using obliterate with a missing debuff is a minor misstake and chances are high that the next gcd is fixing the problem by itself just because obliterate is not available.

Speaking about people who absolutly do not know what button to press next and just faceroll, i would say that frost dk is easier than rogue. But than, a two button firemage is doing more dmg anyway.

15. Dropping diseases will hurt your DPS way more than losing SnD for your next SS.

12 Last