1. New and just for fun

Hi everyone!

I am interested in trying out some MB action and was looking for a couple of opinions. First off, I will be playing on Lord simply because I prefer it. I'm only looking to play up to 5 characters at most for now, potentially only 3 or 4. I like the idea of doing both pvp and pve (which I normally prefer pvp, but I might use this to help gear out my toons by running heroics).

Anyways, I have never done any form of MB before, so was wondering on what composition you guys would suggest. I see a lot of 3-4 ret pallies, with 1 warrior/dks. I see a lot 3+ shamans. Or a druid tank, priest healer, 3 ele shammies. In the end, I see a lot of suggestions. Is there any composition (the smaller the better), that is good for instances but can also hold up in pvp? (don't need to be the best, just decent enough to be a nuisance).

Other info, I plan on trying out HKN for starters. I very rarely play so I highly doubt I would ever purchase ISBoxer, which coincidentally is also one reason why I am interested in MB, so I don't have to wait for groups (unless I want to take someone else along with me. I did tend to enjoy repeating instances for gear... Up to a point).

So, what is everyone's opinion? To recap, looking for a composition between 3-5 toons that can run instances/heroics, but can hold their own in pvp. They don't need to be the fastest (especially if it was only 3 or 4 toons), so long as they can survive.

Thanks in advance!
    Edited: September 19, 2017

2. 1DK+4Rets on WotLK can do heroics and it is outstanding in PVP. The heals from divine storm + instant flash of light are enough, since the DK can tank in blood, and you bomb heroics quicky with 4 dps

Andin PVP deathgrip + obliterate + 4x divine storm... Man...

But melee are more challenging to setup and manage, casters are much easier.

3. 1DK+4Rets on WotLK can do heroics and it is outstanding in PVP. The heals from divine storm + instant flash of light are enough, since the DK can tank in blood, and you bomb heroics quicky with 4 dps

Thanks for the reply!

So Dk + 4 Ret is still the best comp. Alright. What would you recemmond to level up to 55 as I don't have a toon there yet (so unable to get a DK to boost the Paladins)? Maybe a warrior?

On a side note, what professions would you recommend for all of them to have? I believe I have read that having Engineering on all of them is great, but I kind of like the idea of them being almost entirely self-sufficient. I.e. able to make their own gear (although will mostly be rerunning instances for gear and doing quests, I don't plan on levelling quickly), gems, pots, glyphs, if there is space a tailor for their own bags. Pretty much everything but LW (although a Skinner would be nice too). Thoughts?

4. I would go with 5 paladins.
    You can skin with you slave just spamming iwt+ctm key and target corpse, so take lw/skinning to one of you slaves.
    On main you might want mining/herb because you need to click, enchanting ok too. You can make greed/need macros and loot everything to you slave enchanter.

5. I would go with 5 paladins.
    You can skin with you slave just spamming iwt+ctm key and target corpse, so take lw/skinning to one of you slaves.
    On main you might want mining/herb because you need to click, enchanting ok too. You can make greed/need macros and loot everything to you slave enchanter.
    Thanks for the reply!

Not sure about LW simply because it won't benefit any of the characters themselves. With there being 11 professions (not including specializations which I unfortunately two know what is generally better for what (only really played with engineering and always went to gnome for the interesting gadgets)), having 5 toons means leaving at least one out. Unless I use a druid for the tank (they make great gatherers with their flight form), LW doesn't really hold a place. In essentially looking to build my own little community here lol. Oh, thought, I guess LW isn't too bad if an idea since that gear is just as useful for dps correct? Darn, so I guess the least useful in the end would be tailoring. Once again without taking into account specializations. But, if I were to consider those, what would you guys choose?

So difficult to decide!

6. 1DK+4Rets on WotLK can do heroics and it is outstanding in PVP. The heals from divine storm + instant flash of light are enough, since the DK can tank in blood, and you bomb heroics quicky with 4 dps

Do you even know what you talk about? Dk tank with frost presence and not blood.

heroics are faceroll with anything above 4500 GS and having 1 dps over healer speeds you up by 10% or less.

why death grip obliterate and 4x divine storm?

obliterate hits like wet noodle without diseases and divine storm is not the biggest hitter. judgement has much higher crit chance gives you mana and hits way harder.

Thanks for the reply!

So Dk + 4 Ret is still the best comp. Alright. What would you recemmond to level up to 55 as I don't have a toon there yet (so unable to get a DK to boost the Paladins)? Maybe a warrior?

On a side note, what professions would you recommend for all of them to have? I believe I have read that having Engineering on all of them is great, but I kind of like the idea of them being almost entirely self-sufficient. I.e. able to make their own gear (although will mostly be rerunning instances for gear and doing quests, I don't plan on levelling quickly), gems, pots, glyphs, if there is space a tailor for their own bags. Pretty much everything but LW (although a Skinner would be nice too). Thoughts?
    DK+4RET was good maybe 3-5 years ago where divine storm literally did DOUBLE damage thanks to seal of command now its trash. you can win vs 9x melee one healer in wsg maybe if they suck.

i play most bgs as hunter or fire/arcane mage and i have 100% winrate in last 2 years vs ret multiboxers. they literally cant do anything after i start hitting them from max range and he just needs to stop to heal while he gets destroyed by 2 casters. i had bgs where i did nothing else just spam max range living bomb for 5 minutes until he rage quited
    funny how having 5 characters makes you weaker than having one

7. Do you even know what you talk about? Dk tank with frost presence and not blood.

heroics are faceroll with anything above 4500 GS and having 1 dps over healer speeds you up by 10% or less.

why death grip obliterate and 4x divine storm?

obliterate hits like wet noodle without diseases and divine storm is not the biggest hitter. judgement has much higher crit chance gives you mana and hits way harder.

DK+4RET was good maybe 3-5 years ago where divine storm literally did DOUBLE damage thanks to seal of command now its trash. you can win vs 9x melee one healer in wsg maybe if they suck.

i play most bgs as hunter or fire/arcane mage and i have 100% winrate in last 2 years vs ret multiboxers. they literally cant do anything after i start hitting them from max range and he just needs to stop to heal while he gets destroyed by 2 casters. i had bgs where i did nothing else just spam max range living bomb for 5 minutes until he rage quited
    funny how having 5 characters makes you weaker than having one
    I am also looking for a comp that can do heroics by itself while still gearing, is there a better comp than the DK + 4 Retadins? I am very curious as to your opinion on the matter. Is there a ranged comp that can do this just as well?

8. I am also looking for a comp that can do heroics by itself while still gearing, is there a better comp than the DK + 4 Retadins? I am very curious as to your opinion on the matter. Is there a ranged comp that can do this just as well?
    why do you want to do heroics? it becomes faceroll at 4500 gs. and the gear is only 200 ilvl or 232. pvp gear is much better and easier to obtain.
    better comp would be dedicated tank healer and 3 dps and useless in pvp

bis gear for melees requires you to donate for weapon and 2 trinkets if you are human and you are still going to be missing lot of damage because you dont have shadowmourne

9. why do you want to do heroics? it becomes faceroll at 4500 gs. and the gear is only 200 ilvl or 232. pvp gear is much better and easier to obtain.
    better comp would be dedicated tank healer and 3 dps and useless in pvp

bis gear for melees requires you to donate for weapon and 2 trinkets if you are human and you are still going to be missing lot of damage because you dont have shadowmourne
    I'll be playing on Lord so no donations there, just what I can earn through dungeons and pvp. I'm not looking to be the best in either aspect, just proficient enough to be able to do it all. I'm not planning on winning every bg, nor am I planning on running 10/25-man dungeons/raids. I highly doubt I will ever acquire true BiS gear. I'm just looking for some enjoyment, and running 5-man heroics by myself falls into that category. Maybe down the road I will use four of them to help gear friends that are having issues finding groups, I don't know. But I would like to be able to it, while still being viable in PvP (just enough so I'm not too easy to take down). Hell, like I said, if there is a 3-man comp that can do it, I would love to know. Like I said, it doesn't have to be the best, just doable.

10. Also what's better comp in your humble opinion to do it all (pvp and pve)?
    Edited: September 19, 2017 Reason: Typo

11. Spec not presence.

Different story befor 4500 GS.

My bad on obliterate.

You need to heal with Storm.

Thats why DK has deathgrip and snares and it's DK + Rets not just Rets.

12. I knew what you meant, figured I would just follow standard Blood tanking guide for him. Would there be a specific spec for Ret or just standard DPS spec?

13. Pretty much standard, you need Divine Storm in ret and Divine Guardian in prot. Using Divine Sacrifice with Divine Shield on a toon mitigates a ton of damage and you can do it 4 times - with this mitigation, Divine Storm for healing and instant Flash of Light you have nice surviveability. But it's quite pain to micromanage. And ofc diffrent talents for auras for diffrent toons.
    Edited: September 19, 2017

14. Pretty much standard, you need Divine Storm in ret and Divine Guardian in prot. Using Divine Sacrifice with Divine Shield on a toon mitigates a ton of damage and you can do it 4 times - with this mitigation, Divine Storm for healing and instant Flash of Light you have nice surviveability. But it's quite pain to micromanage. And ofc diffrent talents for auras for diffrent toons.
    And you would entirely recommend a Tankadin instead of a Warrior (until I can get a DK)? Also, one of the Retadins goes Holy until they have access to Art of War yes?

15. Last time I played the comp i played them all as tanks untill I got the Divine Storm. And I played without a dedicated healer. I was mostly questing with dungeons from time to time. Guess one tank with rets should be ok as well.

123 Last