1. Payment wall attempting to Phish/Scam me??

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know what you guys thought about my recent encounter with Paywall.

Today I went to donate to the server and was asked by Paywall to provide my Driver's license, and a receipt of the transaction.I was somewhat hesitant to provide my Driver's License, but I did so. And only so because I have done so in the past with other companies. However... as for the receipt...I never received one. I went to look around on Google for anyone else having that same exact issue and it has also been reported around and with people having no resolution. Often times there were financial issues with their banks etc..

The next e-mail to follow was them asking for the first 4 and last 6 numbers of my debit card, as well as a clear image of its reverse. Additional to that they were asking for a clear image of the reverse of my Driver's License.

I am sure that you can understand my hesitation here and why I respectfully declined.

So the final e-mail, to which I have not responded to, only asked me this time for the first 4 and last 6 of my card, my full name, the expiration, and an image of the back with the security code hidden. -- -- -- but NOT the reverse of my ID this time. -- -- --

I am calling total BS on this one. Has anyone else had this experience before? It seems SUPER shady...

Arach

2. Hello everyone,

I wanted to know what you guys thought about my recent encounter with Paywall.

Today I went to donate to the server and was asked by Paywall to provide my Driver's license, and a receipt of the transaction.I was somewhat hesitant to provide my Driver's License, but I did so. And only so because I have done so in the past with other companies. However... as for the receipt...I never received one. I went to look around on Google for anyone else having that same exact issue and it has also been reported around and with people having no resolution. Often times there were financial issues with their banks etc..

The next e-mail to follow was them asking for the first 4 and last 6 numbers of my debit card, as well as a clear image of its reverse. Additional to that they were asking for a clear image of the reverse of my Driver's License.

I am sure that you can understand my hesitation here and why I respectfully declined.

So the final e-mail, to which I have not responded to, only asked me this time for the first 4 and last 6 of my card, my full name, the expiration, and an image of the back with the security code hidden. -- -- -- but NOT the reverse of my ID this time. -- -- --

I am calling total BS on this one. Has anyone else had this experience before? It seems SUPER shady...

Arach
    Yeah, they are well known as being extremely shady, nobody should ever give that kind of info to anybody.

3. **** like that is why i always use prepaid cc's for online purchases. ain't nobody getting my info.

4. This website's payment system is a joke. You would think when you ask for help trying to give them money they would reply something other than" This is not our problem, please work with payment wall". This issue has been going on a long time, and they are not doing anything to fix it, it is very frustrating.

5. Dont use your credit card here dude... Just buy a paysafe from a gas station.

6. I have a prepaid card from a company that i work for..never had problems. Better get one as well.

7. Hello,

I would also like to express my disappointment with Payment wall and its support staff.

I was also asked to provide them with scan copies of my ID card and my MasterCard (digits infront and the back side too). I find this very uncomfortable, seeing that it exposes me not only to a phishing attempt but also to possible internet identity theft. I cannot understand why this step is necessary for donations of insignificant amounts, we are not moving fortunes from offshore accounts here to be going through risk policies or whatever. And it's especially baffling, considering that no other competitor firms that handle payments ask for this.

I am also disappointed with the lack of professionalism from Payment wall in handling payment issues. Namely, after having my payment blocked a couple of times, I opened up many support tickets and every time I was given a different reason why my payment was blocked, because none of them even knew what was wrong, they are not knowledgeable enough to be doing the job they are. After a very lengthy correspondence that lasted nearly 40 days, I got through to their Manager that said they are not accepting payments from me, because my country (Serbia) is under sanctions. This I found shocking, considering that Serbia has not been under sanctions for like what... 18 years? Isn't this firm supposed to be up-to-date with this sort of thing? But set aside that, they have accepted over $1,000 from me in donations months before this issue and then now they suddenly claim that they do not accept payments from Serbia anymore. I continued being persistent and demanded a more in-depth response from the Payment wall manager and he got in touch with their Risk team for me. In the end, they said I was right about the sanctions on my country but that they will still not accept payments until they update their policies. They also tried to get me to use Mint as a payment option, but Mint too is being processed by Payment wall so I run into the same issues.

All of this, made me not want to donate anything to Warmane anymore. It is frustrating that someone has to go through all of this for some insignificant amounts. I think we would all appreciate if somebody from Warmane management would address these issues. I have been told many times now by GMs in support tickets on the Warmane website that this is not Warmane's problem, but in a sense I believe it is, because many people get turned away from donating by these things and this server is ran from donations.

8. All of this, made me not want to donate anything to Warmane anymore. It is frustrating that someone has to go through all of this for some insignificant amounts. I think we would all appreciate if somebody from Warmane management would address these issues. I have been told many times now by GMs in support tickets on the Warmane website that this is not Warmane's problem, but in a sense I believe it is, because many people get turned away from donating by these things and this server is ran from donations.
    As I understand, due to the nature of the service we provide, Paymentwall was the option that provided what we needed while not charging absurd "service fees" for it.