1. Regarding Transmog Inaccessibility

Here I have posted Proterean's well thought out response to somebody inquiring about the horrendously low drop rate of transmogrify scrolls. Which I will constructively, piece-by-piece break down and show without a doubt that the transmog system is in dire need of an overhaul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The system is made to be an incentive for players to play the game. It's an optional cosmetic feature that you can choose not to use if you so desire. Considering the fact that we have a bunch of geared up players who like idling in Dalaran, we believe that this is exactly what the game needed.

We don't want the transmog to be so easily accessible and good transmogrification should be admired, not something you just do in a few clicks. We've done it the same with the system on Blackrock (although there, there's even more requirements for specific appearances) and we sincerely think this is the best way to go about it.

If we go this route of simplicity and easiness, this feature that was by no means easy to implement will be something people click on in a few bits and then forget about.

Something you want is not always exactly what you need.

Also, as an added note, those who believe we do this out of ulterior reasons, should consider the amounts we set on the marketplace. They're by no means easily accessible or something you can get in a flick of a card. All of these recent changes are meant to be an incentive to play whilst not being a hassle that is a must."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The system is made to be an incentive for players to play the game:

That it is! I recently rolled on this server just two weeks ago after having heard about Warmane via it having transmog during Wrath of the Lich King. "Woah! You mean the funnest expansion with some of the ugliest armor now has a cosmetic feature that's in every successful MMO to date? Sweet! I'm going there! *Hits 80 a week later*"

2. It's an optional cosmetic feature that you can choose not to use if you so desire.

Just like in every successful MMO. Good. Cool! Wouldn't want those people without a fashion sense to feel pressured into looking good. :P

3. Considering the fact that we have a bunch of geared up players who like idling in Dalaran, we believe that this is exactly what the game needed.

Yes. Giving max levels the incentive to go do Black Temple and Wailing Caverns, etc is a huge help when there is not much else to do. Not to mention there are some green items that require extensive farming to find. This also alters the economy as hot transmoggable items have their price dramatically increased opening up a new avenue for gold making.

4. We don't want the transmog to be so easily accessible

That's... unfortunate. This tells me that you yourself have never delved deep into the joys of transmog on live Blizz servers. (respectfully)

5. Good transmogrification should be admired, not something you just do in a few clicks.

Isn't... that.... why we run Tempest Keep (on a 1 week lockout) with a bunch of 80's to compete for Tier 5 pieces?... Or searching for that specific quest item, where there is only one of that quest item and it has a unique look found nowhere else? How powerful you are will always depend on what bosses you can kill -- but your appearance? Your theme? That's your own to make.

5. If we go this route of simplicity and easiness, this feature that was by no means easy to implement will be something people click on in a few bits and then forget about.

I'm sorry it wasn't easy to impliment but that should be beside any relevant point -- Again, you are giving me the feeling that you yourself don't have much experience with transmog. Respectfully speaking, of course.

"Forget about?" FORGET ABOUT? Man, if there were a proper transmog vendor like there should be: I would be updating my characters appearance every-time I went back to town while leveling. How can you forget about transmog? "Oh, I just got a pair of boots that make me look like a clown for the next 2 levels... Too bad this outdated game doesn't have a dye or cosmetic armor feature" (or does it?!)

You wanna talk about forgetting about transmog? How about setting up a silly system (respectfully) where it encourages only max geared people with their best in slot pieces to take part in? Because that's what you've done.

And forget about experimenting with different looks because as true transmoggers know: you can get a different feel for your apperance in-game than just through the dressing window. There are plenty of times I see myself in the dressing window in live and think "that looks good" -- then I transmog it on and it actually looks terrible because of the differences between the lighting in the dressing room and the world space. So there are times people will spend hours running back and forth from the transmog vendor and their bank trying to get a look that feels just right. Very interactive. Very hands on. Not forgettable even after a simple click -- BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO UPDATE IT EVERY NEW ARMOR PIECE! YOU CAN'T FORGET IT! It sounds like you are worried about the people who don't care about transmog forgetting about it... But they already barely know it exists at all. And with he drop rates? They're never going to know! It's people like me you added this system in for, I am assuming. Not the salty people who don't like the feature in the first place. People like me truly use this feature to it's fullest potential -- as you hoped.

When you say 'click and forget' -- it seems to me you are exclusively thinking about the people with best in slot gear who in your mind only need to change their appearance once. (which still throws out the potential for appearance experimentation).

6. Something you want is not always exactly what you need.

That sounds a lot like what Blizzard said to the fans who wanted legacy servers like Warmane. DO NOT - GO DOWN - THAT PATH! LISTEN TO US! :P

7. Also, as an added note, those who believe we do this out of ulterior reasons, should consider the amounts we set on the marketplace.

Not going to touch on that. But compare live transmog with your system. To change your weapon's appearance -- 100g (I've changed my weapon 3 times in an hour before and felt the sting). Armor piece, 10g.
    Your server: $10 PER PIECE in an era where people commonly make $15/hr at their jobs. Or you can farm for two weeks and hopefully get 1 scroll to change 1 piece... .... oooooooh. fun! So fun!... Come on...

In conclusion -- my suggestion as a hardcore transmog fan: add the bloody vendor so people can simply change their armor with a click (after painstakingly seeking the armor out in the first place). HOWEVER!!! Your legendary transmog scroll! THAT is a good idea and should remain a drop and super rare. This allows people to wear whatever coloured/shaped armor that they feel represents their character, and be able to readily update their look as tehy level up / upgrade their 80 gear -- while maintaining the prestige of having a transmogged Sulfuras or Thunderfury. Something even Blizz didn't do.

And by the way, real transmoggers rarely wear Tier gear -- They often make their own sets using mish-mashes of different armor -- again, requiring the experimentation afforded by having easily accessible vendors. Also, real transmoggers rarely wear the same looking set for more than a few weeks before changing it up (BECAUSE IT'S FUN TO CHANGE!)

I understand you may feel like you're in too deep with this current system that you may feel appeals to some hardcore people who already dropped a few hundred bucks, but please, I just hit 80 last week and have been farming dungeons and BG's furiously and not one scroll has dropped yet. This system is a tease. I would like to be able to run Stratholme for Tier .5, while running some low levels with me as I look for gear pieces -- but paying $90 for a completed temporary look that I will need / WANT to update? Come on! That's not right!

I had high hopes coming here and brought a lot of friends who love dropping money on cosmetics like Tabards and mounts but are all equally dissapointed in the transmog system. Please justify my hopes. :)

"We hope you will enjoy the feature and use it to it's utmost potential, show your creativity and make the world a tad bit more colorful, tad bit funnier and a tad bit more enjoyable for all of us."
    Edited: September 20, 2017

2. it's a luxury, if you want it now pay for it. if not farm it. many of us are waiting for an option to turn the bloody thing off.
    Edited: September 20, 2017

3. So essence if it all: Please give me everything for free and right now because I like to xmog by cobalt boots every 5min.

4. Not for free but, i would like to stake that after farming Conqueror title, completing warsong gulch 100 victories achievement (which i needed around 40 victories), countless wintergrasp and battleground victories, worldpvp, doing countless icc raids and tbc raids i dropped 1 scroll during that period. And yes i know how probabilities work.

5. I have accumulated 12 scrolls and 8-10 on each alt, so I don't get that "one scroll per year omg" vibe.

Only pain is scroll of purification, which is 5 coins.