1. Bad idea. If quest had been available since t5 release it would be a good way to release hyjal. Doing things this way it feels a complete waste of time for t5-farming guilds.

Hopefully it won't happen this way.

2. I can see the point of making the progression slower. But it will lead to split runs with alts/pugs and in fact we are planning this. But honestly if slow progression is what you want, just delaying the release of MH would be a much better way of doing that without killing the hype or infuriating this part of the playerbase.

The server first kills will be with below 20 ppl for guilds that do split runs with alts/pugs. Dont think that is what is best for the server.

An alterantive idea is you could release the quest on Wednesday with drops for all in raid but release MH next reset. Which will delay it, as well as give all the guilds another week to clear the content and start on even ground for the MH release.

3. To my understanding vials indeed dropped since t5 was released, so since the start of the game. If that would've been the case content clearing guilds would already be able to start raidig MH. Also when KT was killed on retail t5 already dropped raidwide vials. It's strange warmane would decide to only now start making the MH guest availlable with 4 vial drops. This would mean that guilds waiting for MH release will have to farm on for quite some weeks, and that other guilds that have not cleared the curent t5 content risk the chance of getting burned out on the curent content beause of only 4 vial drops.

riiiskkyyyy

4. This covers it pretty well...
    We have raiders go social every week, putting this kind of strain on guilds is really a bad idea in my opinion.

5. Feedback is always appreciated and taken into account, especially with things like this. From our perspective, this would be the most appropriate way to release new content and prevent content starvation and at the same not have a huge effect on PvP and other areas of the game.

It's hard to look at what was done back in the day due to the fact that every circumstance was different. Especially with the skill factor taken into account and with all the guides everyone has on their disposal today.

Of course, nothing is set in stone, this is not an official announcement on it and feedback is very much welcome.
    The quest to attune for Hyjal should have been in the game from launch, you're opening the raid at a point where a number of guilds are more than ready to do T6, but you're then telling them "farm T5 for another 2 months regardless"... And some guilds will never be able to get attuned with this system, due to player drop off and recruitment, if you're replacing players on a weekly basis (which I assure you all guilds are to some extent) then a 7 week attunement farm for 25 players is brutal, it's enough to literally kill some guilds.

The attunement quest pre 2.1 version is really potentially damaging for the raiding scene on the server. It would have been better if you announced Hyjal was opening in 1 month and then had the 2.1 quest, because it puts everyone on equal footing going into Hyjal, rather than the split-raid player poaching madness you're going to create as guilds desperately try to get into hyjal first, while other guilds give up out of frustration.

The 2.0 quest was never a factor on retail, don't make it a factor here after the server is already up for 4+ months.

6. Just release the stupid vial on the market place! EZZZ solution :)

win/win from both parts

7. I feel as if you really don't grasp the amount of player turnover within raid guilds so how many vials are gonna get wasted attuning players to turn around and say they're burnt out and don't want to raid anymore or think they can make some extra money marketing a char that now has Hyjal attunement complete.

8. It would have been better if you announced Hyjal was opening in 1 month and then had the 2.1 quest, because it puts everyone on equal footing going into Hyjal, rather than the split-raid player poaching madness you're going to create as guilds desperately try to get into hyjal first, while other guilds give up out of frustration.
    I think this sums it up very well

9. The way I see it they just announced the release of Hyjal two months in advance. By the time a guild has gotten enough people attuned BT patch will be just around the corner. So in effect it doesnt matter how many vials you get, because once the BT patch is out everyone will get it after 1 kill. There is no need to be farming vials now, as they will be pretty useless.

So in effect, Hyjal is released in 2 months.

10. The way I see it they just announced the release of Hyjal two months in advance. By the time a guild has gotten enough people attuned BT patch will be just around the corner. So in effect it doesnt matter how many vials you get, because once the BT patch is out everyone will get it after 1 kill. There is no need to be farming vials now, as they will be pretty useless.

So in effect, Hyjal is released in 2 months.
    The thing is guilds will poach/team-up/alt run/split raid/whatever to get there before that. So now the "race" for hyjal is actually just who can make 2-3 guilds work together, or has the most alts.

11. It will work as it did prior to patch 2.1.0 meaning that 4 vials will drop per kill. On the release of Black Temple, it will be switched to multi-drop and it will then drop for everyone.

We are keen on having it this way so people can progress and build their path towards Mount Hyjal. The content is done, it was tested privately by multiple guilds which were recruited through public announcement on a first come - first served basis as seen here and our QA team.
    Why did I know this was coming. I actually won a 1000g bet :) Such a stupid decision as always. It pretty much means Do main/alt runs if you want to do Hyjal before the release of BT or just don't do T5 at all, quit the game (like tons of people do weekly on private realms) and come back in two months when BT releases when the vials will drop for everyone in the raid if you still feel motivated.

12. After much consideration we have decided that the vials will be multi-drop mainly due to a social factor of guilds and anyone who wants to experience the content. It can cause more troubles than benefits and we believe that this was not an intended feature back in the day but rather a mistake.

The news of vials being multi-drop will appear on the website as well.

Why did I know this was coming. I actually won a 1000g bet :)
    I guess you owe someone a thousand gold.

13. For the love of God and everything that is good and holy, make it a multi-drop from the start.

14. You lost gold Finrodi
    Freshkimo just ****ed himself.

[2:40 PM] Freshkimo: and what? I never accepted the bet at the end, I was gunna think about it o.O
    [2:40 PM] Freshkimo: I never said deal is on :open_mouth:

hahaha

First 1234 Last