1. s3 was only a convenient date as i said above. the question is why is bt being launched so much later? probably because they had internal conversations that it would take 6-8 weeks for guilds to get enough people to start clearing hyjal anyway, and then a few more for other guilds to catch up. given that, a december launch for bt makes sense if you did hyjal this week. and to keep the pvpers happy the s3 comes out at around the same time, although i think ive seen some grumbling about it being too short in any case but that's another topic.
    Maybe there is no harm in releasing seasons along with raid tiers, I guess Blizzard didn't do it because they didn't want PVP gear having a heavy impact on the raiding scene. The S3 PVP gear would have a huge effect on PVE, the weapons aside from Warglaives are outright superior to the T6 PVE weapons for many specs, the armor pieces in some slots are at least an upgrade over T5 for many specs (specfically helm, legs, chest).

In retail days the PVP scene had no real impact on the PVE race, because the PVP seasons were effectively 1 tier behind the PVE scene, if you release them alongside then suddenly you have PvP gear that can compete with or even surpass the current tier of PVE gear during progression.

So which is more important? PVP balance or PVE balance? Blizzard went with PVE.
    Edited: September 25, 2017

2. im not concerned about the pvp gear, weapons should start requiring 2050 rating this season if i recollect.

3. nobody cares how it happened on retail
    A childish response, indeed. The goal of the staff is to both keep the server as Blizzlike as possible AND to make custom decisions which really, really, REALLY bugged players out and were completely dumb, like with the Vials drops.

What you're saying is that it's natural for S2 to come out with T5 and S3 to come out with T6. And I understand you. But that's not how it happened on retail at all. Heck, if anything, Warmane might do it completely differently because they have to do their own raid testing and fixing. The only "certainty" is the PvP seasons because all it takes is a reset and adding the items to the vendors. Then you're off for the new arena grind.

And I agree with bigbazz: personally, I'm happy the way things are, I don't wanna see PvPers all over Shattrath. TBC was all about the PvE. The reason I'm playing on Outland is the PvE. So if we have S2 with T6, then we'll have more people doing PvE. And I like that.
    Edited: September 25, 2017

4. you are putting words into my mouth and misconstrue my point entirely, typical of the daft riffraff plaguing these forums.

First ... 234