1. Battle for Mount Hyjal was released and available at the very start of the BC expansion. We intended to do it the same way as on retail. There's an attunement and it will take time for people to have access to the content.

As for PvP please keep in mind that on retail world first Illidan kill happened before Season 2 started.
    With the staggered releases of T5 and Hyjal, you already stepped away from the original release schedule for what it's worth. Why use that now as an excuse? Personally I do not care whether it's released or not, I just think it's a weak argument to state that you want to mimic the retail release schedule when you already went away from that path in the very beginning.

2. With the staggered releases of T5 and Hyjal, you already stepped away from the original release schedule for what it's worth. Why use that now as an excuse? Personally I do not care whether it's released or not, I just think it's a weak argument to state that you want to mimic the retail release schedule when you already went away from that path in the very beginning.
    There is only 1 guild on this server that has downed Kael'Thas, so they are the only people on this server who are being delayed entry to Hyjal by only releasing it now, and even then they are only being delayed about 1 week. For the rest of us it could've been released with the server start or now (or maybe even in a month?) and it wouldn't have mattered.

3. Battle for Mount Hyjal was released and available at the very start of the BC expansion. We intended to do it the same way as on retail. There's an attunement and it will take time for people to have access to the content.

As for PvP please keep in mind that on retail world first Illidan kill happened before Season 2 started.
    Reading this post its safe to assume that the attunement will be 4 vials / kill? So it will take a minimum of 7 weeks before 25 players complete the attunement, with 3 vials left to spare? Seems reasonable enough.

4. Reading this post its safe to assume that the attunement will be 4 vials / kill? So it will take a minimum of 7 weeks before 25 players complete the attunement, with 3 vials left to spare? Seems reasonable enough.
    So it will also be safe to assume that you'll spend 7 weeks to get 25 people attuned and then shortly after the patch fixing this issue will be released making the last 7 weeks basically obsolete?

5. So it will also be safe to assume that you'll spend 7 weeks to get 25 people attuned and then shortly after the patch fixing this issue will be released making the last 7 weeks basically obsolete?
    That doesn't matter, we are going to be farming T5 regardless because there are a lot of loot pieces in there that people need. The release of Hyjal and its attunement quest is just an extra carrot on the stick to keep people playing. Even if they do away with the 4 vials in a couple of months.

If they do release it with Vashj & Kael dropping 25 vials, then I do feel its a bit quick, but I wont complain - more content! :P

6. I dont know. I'm happy for more content, but in reality Hyjal is not being released until BT in december. It seems a bit pointless to farm vials, because by the time you get enough vials to enter they'll be obsolete.

7. Outland doesn't "need" T6 either. There are, like, 5 guilds which have downed KT, some of which through exploits, 3 of which have only downed him once. We are far from being end-game on Outland.

Still, Proterean is correct and there's no arguing with that. Hyjal was available from start, together with T4 and T5, it just wasn't possible for players to clear Vashj and KT so fast. BT came immediately after, on 2.1. Warmane already customized Outland by releasing SSC and TK later, and also by delaying Hyjal. While I do agree that progress-wise it's a bit early for Hyjal, retail-wise it's actually late.

8. Battle for Mount Hyjal was released and available at the very start of the BC expansion. We intended to do it the same way as on retail. There's an attunement and it will take time for people to have access to the content.
    Firstly, thank you for the reply.

So while you are correct I don't think it changes my point at all. When Blizz released TBC everyone was on the same playing field and came in together, with a server launching as out of the blue as this one it's been a minute before people really got wind. I think it's safe to say early T4 was a bit of a mess, the original states were SUPER easy and various teething bugs meant those who got a 70 group first had some HUGE advantages and they've retained that advantage up until now.

Private servers are a very different affair to retail, and should be respected as such. While I totally appreciate servers need content to keep them fresh and stop the thing dying, I REALLY don't think anyone is getting bored of T5. As mentioned several times very few guilds if any are actively killing Kael/Vashj and I'd suspect Hydross/A'lar with much consistency.

Releasing T6 at this stage does not retain 1 single player who would be quitting out of boredom. All it does is server to reinforce the gaps between guilds and players and deny us of any real competition. I truly believe the success of a private server, particularly TBC, relies on community and competition. After 10+ years of this **** there's very few of us who are here to collect epics and stand at the mailbox, all that matters is killing bosses with as much swag as possible, and maybe even take some pride in doing it faster than someone else.

I know this is pretty futile in that changing your plans would be very disruptive I'm sure but I really feel as though the vast majority of the server would agree with me in general that releasing Hyjal at this point on Medivh is a very bad idea and only shortens the total life of the server.

Thanks again for your concern,

Chief Nerd
    Edited: September 24, 2017 Reason: Save the world

9. Thanks again for your concern,

Chief Nerd
    It all boils down to one thing. Whether or not Vials of Eternity is going to be in pre 2.1 state or post 2.1 state.

If they keep it in pre 2.1 state with 4 vials/kill then its gonna take 2 months just to get people attuned. By then BT is released and then everyone that kills KT/Vahsj can enter because vial drop rate goes from 4 to 25 each kill.

So in effect no one is stepping into Hyjal for the next 2 months.

10. Battle for Mount Hyjal was released and available at the very start of the BC expansion. We intended to do it the same way as on retail. There's an attunement and it will take time for people to have access to the content.

Care to elaborate what you mean by "We intended to do it the same way as on retail" please?
    Is it the whole concept of "Hyjal was available at launch" or do you mean specifically that the Mount Hyjal attunement is going to be the way it was in Patch 2.0, as in only 4 players get to loot a vial per Kael/Vashj kill? Thanks in advance
    Edited: September 25, 2017

11. @sener - you do realize that by delaying T5 Warmane actually did exactly what you said - leveled the field for all players. And why would Outland's launch be "out of the blue"? It was well communicated, with constant 15k online and 1.5k on queue every evening. People were all well aware of the competition, they were leveling, gearing, and raiding accordingly.

Basically, you're expressing concerns which Warmane already addressed from launch. If there are players who still haven't cleared T4 by now and aren't progressing T5, then that's purely their fault. The realm has been out without T6 far longer than retail, and with far larger population. As I said in my reply above, progress-wise it is still early for us to have T6, but that's our fault entirely - not Warmane's.

12. @sener - you do realize that by delaying T5 Warmane actually did exactly what you said - leveled the field for all players. And why would Outland's launch be "out of the blue"? It was well communicated, with constant 15k online and 1.5k on queue every evening. People were all well aware of the competition, they were leveling, gearing, and raiding accordingly.

Basically, you're expressing concerns which Warmane already addressed from launch. If there are players who still haven't cleared T4 by now and aren't progressing T5, then that's purely their fault. The realm has been out without T6 far longer than retail, and with far larger population. As I said in my reply above, progress-wise it is still early for us to have T6, but that's our fault entirely - not Warmane's.
    I was only referring to Medivh, actually. None of that applies as part of the need for Medivh was to alleviate Outland capacity. It was late and fast and we're still VERY unsure what things are 2.0, whats 2.1 and whats 2.4.

13. On a more personal attack kinda note, it also doesnt stand to reason to you want to keep Panacea happy and not bored and let the rest of us compeltely miss our chance at being competitive. Competition is a huge factor in these server and it deserves its place in this discussion.

EDIT: Also, what exactly do we benefit or gain from this release? Panacea don't put in as much bug reports for content they've already cleared? I wish this was the first server theyd done this on but unfortunately it's not. They know what theyre doing and its very deliberate.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about things you have no knowledge of. I would've been fine without Hyjal being released, I wasn't expecting it until much later. I think the focus lies more on how far the Outland progression is currently, seeing as that server is a moneymaker. We get packaged in with the Outland schedule.

That said we've many plenty of bug reports. How would you even know which ones are ours? What raid bugs have you encountered that are not on the bugtracker?
    Edited: September 25, 2017

14. Care to elaborate what you mean by "We intended to do it the same way as on retail" please?
    Is it the whole concept of "Hyjal was available at launch" or do you mean specifically that the Mount Hyjal attunement is going to be the way it was in Patch 2.0, as in only 4 players get to loot a vial per Kael/Vashj kill? Thanks in advance
    He's referring to the release schedule. As you can already tell, things didn't go as planned. We didn't feel the raid was ready, so it was withheld.

15. I would just like to say that me my guild are excited at the fact hyjal is releasing. We have only done kara so far as some of our core members are not quite done leveling but this is a good thing for the server. Saying that this is too soon is silly. There is no reason that your guilds couldn't be just as far as the leading guilds. You may have started later or may have a lower quality of player but either way you are behind and that's not anyone else's fault. There have been so many servers that take far too long to release raids and the servers die out. To be totally honest if you are so afraid that this will set you behind then you probably never would have caught up anyway. If anything this can help guilds catch up. Once you get attuned you will be able to do hyjal bosses. Some of the gear is better than the t5 gear obviously. This can let you skip from a t4 piece to a t6 piece. without needing everyone in your raid to have t5 bis. Overall I think this will be a good thing. If t6 was never announced then people would burn out on t5 and leave.

First 123 Last