1. Acceptable Ping/MS for Melee Classes with Positional Requirements

Hello all,

Had a quick question. I've recently joined the server and I was wondering what an acceptable ms is for playing certain melee classes that require positional requirements.

To be more specific: Rogue Backstabs, Feral Druid Shreds, Etc. - Without the "Target too far away" or "You must be behind your target"

I play/connect from Western NA and my ping is generally about a hard 170ms on Warmane Icecrown. I'm thinking of rolling a Feral Druid, and it would definitely be a bummer if it was a little too much to be able to play it correctly because it can be frustrating.

I used to play on a server where I had 60ms, and it was amazingly reactive and fun. But I'm not sure how much more it takes before you start getting those messages/errors. I know a lot of people play caster type classes to avoid the ping issue if the ping is a bit too high.

Anyone have any experience here with this here? Thanks.

2. If it's for casual pvp, then 170 ms doesn't matter almost at all. It might annoying to play on feral/rogue and you might lose few duels.

If you want to compete in arena then forgot other classes and roll warrior with full gear.

DK is very ping friendly class (and easiest to gear up from all melees), but warrior is strongest melee on wotlk.

3. I used to play Warrior on an NA server at around 170ms. TBH I never realized how bad it was until I moved to a server where my ping was 60.

Completely different game basically. You can't play melee to a high standard with over 100ms in PvP IMO.

4. i get by on 123ms alright as ret but it's not ideal, it is not overly uncommon for me to miss a clutch hand as a result. Doesn't seem to impact combat too much like ability to stay on a target and score white hits

i was thinking of making a lock or something

5. I played feral druid in the past (sherd specc) on Ragnaros server and recent Icecrown, moved to sub rogue and I'm nearly BiS geared. Yes, I guess these are two perfect examples for the matter in question. My experience was fine, nice, and pretty much playable.
    Ever since we got this delay issue, I've also been having troubles regarding positions, and the experience isn't the same. My worst issue is the fact my targets keep drifting under cheap shot effect, keeps saying "too far away" and I'm usually forced to use shadowstep on them. This is just one example, as there are many more.
    I believe this is the impact caused by the queue skipping system, where more and more players decided to donate and we're having way more online than the set cap. So, for that reason, I'm one of those who are currently playing another class, priest in my case, at least while we still have this crazy delay.
    I am hoping for some improvement soon!...