1. How To Level

Hi I've always played as a warrior but never known what the best spec to level as, just kinda gone with the flow, mainly arms (and protection but that was in WOD).

To that I have a few questions:
    1. What is the best spec to level as? This seems to be widely argued when asking people. Maybe I'm just stupid?
    2. Can anyone give me a guide on where I should put my points towards for optimization in PVE, PVP?
    3. That's all. Cheers.

2. In my experience prot has always been the easiest to level, even with half-decent gear you can simply one shot most mobs after you get revenge, shield slam and so on.

Don't know about optimizations, i usually follow whatever i feel like, speccing into arms for the bonuses to armor into AP and cruelty is very good.

3. I've always used Arms for leveling because: 1) you have total control over your damage (Rend, Overpower, MS, Imp Slam), 2) you are much more capable in outdoor PvP, 3) Relentless Assault enables you to tank dungeons with ease, turning you into an aggro-turret, 4) it's more fun (personally).

The best part about Protection is that the base damage of Revenge is stupidly high, so you'll be able to easily kill mobs even half-naked. Protection is good, of course, but you will die to any ranged class in outdoor PvP. Also, your damage relies on you avoiding attacks and, considering the cooldown of Shield Block, sometimes you end up just autoattacking a mob and waiting for a random dodge/parry/block so you can use Revenge. After you get Devastate, you can fill that time by spamming it instead, but this only happens past 50lvl.

Fury is just bad, don't choose Fury for leveling. It's the most gear-dependent and least rage-efficient spec of all three, probably the most gear-dependent spec in the entire game, honestly. It's like picking Fire for leveling a mage. Choosing Fury for leveling when you'll be having mixed green and blue gear is just a big mistake. You will do less damage than both Arms and Protection, you will miss a lot due to the dual-wield penalty, and you will be rage-starved most of the time, not being able to keep BT and WW on cooldown, which you will only get after 40lvl anyway. Basically, this means that until 40lvl you'll be using only HS and Rend. Also, the moment you reach Titan's Grip you will have to level two-handed weapon skills from scratch. As you can see, the drawbacks are far more than the advantages, if there are any at all.

There will be people who will advocate for Fury (there always are...), but my advice is to choose between Arms and Protection. The two have a completely different playstyle so your choice shouldn't be too hard. Another option is to level as Arms until 60 and then switch to Fury, or to level as Fury until 60 and then switch to Prot - both of these will allow you to go around Titan's Grip's two-handed weapons transition.

As for talents, I advise you to simply experiment and see for yourself. Absolute must-have talents for Arms are Imp Overpower and Taste for Blood. A must-have talent for Protection is Imp Revenge. Beyond that, it is really your choice. Use logic. The #1 question that you should be asking yourself when making your leveling build should be "how often will I find this talent useful?". Finally, if you feel like you want to try and have some unconventional fun (and something that you can only do in WotLK and in no other expansion), you can try a hybrid between Relentless Assault and Imp Revenge. Something like this.

Also, welcome back to WotLK :)
    Edited: September 30, 2017

4. "Protection is good, of course, but you will die to any ranged class in outdoor PvP. " lolwut? /facepalm That might be a l2p issue on your end buddy.

Arms is fun, Prot is beastly, but it can be boring as you basically need 2-3+ mobs to keep any kind of rage up. Shield block,thunderclap,revenge,cleave,shield slam etc...

5. "Protection is good, of course, but you will die to any ranged class in outdoor PvP. " lolwut? /facepalm That might be a l2p issue on your end buddy.

Arms is fun, Prot is beastly, but it can be boring as you basically need 2-3+ mobs to keep any kind of rage up. Shield block,thunderclap,revenge,cleave,shield slam etc...
    I guess he meant that you will struggle until you get the Warbringer talent.