1. Thoughts on bumping heroic dungeon keys down to honored early?

I know it doesn't come out till a later patch, but with Hyjal being released and the population decent but declined (especially in NA times), what are ya'lls thoughts on releasing heroic dungeon keys for honored reps?

2. The comment about this is not helpful nor constructive.

On topic - I agree that as T6 is being released the key reputation should go down as I feel it makes the gear gap between content too large.

People won't do heroics on alts because T4 will eventually be dirt cheap - making people who do not donate in a predicament where they can't progress.

Revered is ALOT of reputation for people who do not play as regularly.
    Edited: October 1, 2017 Reason: The comment above

3. I agree with the suggestion. It should be done to make it easier for new players to 'catch-up' or old players to roll alts

4. Yep. Agreed with this esp on the high-rate Outland server.

1) At x1 you'd be honored with most factions just doing quests to 70 - the ones you need for SSC/TK attunements anyway.
    2) Redoing T4 for new recruits' attunements just eats up limited raiding time (for even the avg semi-hc guild) and slows down T5/T6 progression.
    3) People quit or take breaks on priv. servers all the time, making point 2) a bigger problem. (No different on Outland, in fact, noticably worse for NA times)
    4) Warmane has T5 content that requires certain spec. setups for certain bosses and trashes which is custom to Warmane and require a bigger raiding roster or attuned alts and long attunements get in the way of both.

5. I find this an horrible idea.
    If u have ever done a pugged normal on this server u will know that its horrible beouse of ppl that just have no idea of what is going on, maybe there are some that know whats going on and they just dont give a **** and play thier own game. point being here the only thing keeping clueless ppl away from HCs is the rep.
    now please dont be offended by what I am saying here but if u ever joined a pugg u will know its terrible. The only thing stopping the ppl that make it terrible from going HCs is the rep. I personally would rather have to farm the rep for hours to then be able to do HCs whit skilled ppl.

6. I don't really care, but the poster above me is correct -- it will bring all kinds of ****ters to heroics. I say just keep the rep requirement at revered.

7. The way the server planning goes so far, we should have the key requirement drop to Honored in early 2018.

There are two points for this:

- on one hand, the Revered requirement is like an entry level for TBC. If you have that, then you have the dedication to keep playing and be serious about TBC raiding (not the server, just TBC raiding). It's something like Legion 7.1. That's the good thing because it weeds out the baddies and casuals from the serious players, and because it teaches mechanics through repetition. TBC was not a casual expansion and I doubt there are people here who would like that to change.

- on the other hand, as actus93 pointed out, one can get Honored with all of the factions on Medivh by the time they hit 70. On Outland, one would be Friendly with some and Neutral with most of these factions. This strongly discourages alting and represents a gap for all new players, who must farm normals and/or quest in order to get to the start of the PvE experience. It's a bad thing but that's just how TBC worked at this point.

It's ironic because Warglaivesplz gave a link to Blizzard's Legion purchase landing page, yet Legion suffers from a similar issue. The more one invests in their main artifact of their main character, the more discouraged they are to play an alt or even switch their spec because they have to farm artifact power and do all the zone chains all over again.

Yeah, Legion is actually a good expansion for hardcore players. I actually enjoyed it but my sub expired 2 days ago and I decided to prioritize Outland over it, mainly because of my guildies here :3
    Edited: October 2, 2017

8. The way the server planning goes so far, we should have the key requirement drop to Honored in early 2018.

There are two points for this:

- on one hand, the Revered requirement is like an entry level for TBC. If you have that, then you have the dedication to keep playing and be serious about TBC raiding (not the server, just TBC raiding). It's something like Legion 7.1. That's the good thing because it weeds out the baddies and casuals from the serious players, and because it teaches mechanics through repetition. TBC was not a casual expansion and I doubt there are people here who would like that to change.

- on the other hand, as actus93 pointed out, one can get Honored with all of the factions on Medivh by the time they hit 70. On Outland, one would be Friendly with some and Neutral with most of these factions. This strongly discourages alting and represents a gap for all new players, who must farm normals and/or quest in order to get to the start of the PvE experience. It's a bad thing but that's just how TBC worked at this point.

It's ironic because Warglaivesplz gave a link to Blizzard's Legion purchase landing page, yet Legion suffers from a similar issue. The more one invests in their main artifact of their main character, the more discouraged they are to play an alt or even switch their spec because they have to farm artifact power and do all the zone chains all over again.

Yeah, Legion is actually a good expansion for hardcore players. I actually enjoyed it but my sub expired 2 days ago and I decided to prioritize Outland over it, mainly because of my guildies here :3
    You say that's just how TBC worked, but in another post in late August you say you're still waiting for resist gear to go up on the store. People farmed for resist sets on retail, they didn't just buy it from an online store. You're being a hypocrite.

The rep grind is just tedious at this point, especially for alts or someone who's trying to main swap.

9. You say that's just how TBC worked, but in another post in late August you say you're still waiting for resist gear to go up on the store. People farmed for resist sets on retail, they didn't just buy it from an online store. You're being a hypocrite.
    Calm down, detective. I wish I had that much followers on Instagram as I had here. Resist gear is something that has existed in the game since its release. There is no reason for it not to be in the store from the get go, especially having in mind that it is situational. Anyway, I dropped my request for said gear long ago because I saw Warmane is just not going to add any kind of crafted gear to the shop at all. No, I didn't craft it in-game. And I will not craft it until they increase profession rates, which they won't do. My guild simply replaces me for Hydros.

On topic, yes, it is tedious, but again - that's how TBC was. That's how Legion currently is as well. If you want to alt, you have to complete the major chains in all zones again, complete your order hall chain again, and complete your artifact quest chains again. The only thing you get for free is shared flying, like how you could get a book from Dalaran in WotLK for 1k gold, only this time it doesn't require a book - it requires that you explore the whole Broken Isles (on foot, they're significantly bigger than Outland and around as big as Northrend) and be Revered with all major factions.

The reason why I'm comparing TBC to Legion is to show you that the grind element is not only intentional; it exists even today in almost the same form. It's not a mistake on Blizzard's part; it's a thing they want the game to have.

10. It's been in the game since release, but it's also a requirement for progression. You have two completely different views on the subject that your opinion loses all sway.

You want increased profession rates and you're spewing **** about "That's just how TBC worked". Make up your mind.

Edit since you edited yours: Yes, that grind does exist in Legion. But guess how it's completed, through dailies which are done alone for the most part. Guess what Legion also has? Millions of players to pick from for the reps that DO require dungeons. Rep in TBC requires a group of people to sit and grind the same instance for 30+ runs, and you get to pick from a pool of a few thousand, most of which are already done with the rep grind.

FYI I'd be playing Legion if it didn't have the complete RNG factor when it comes to gear.

11. It's been in the game since release, but it's also a requirement for progression. You have two completely different views on the subject that your opinion loses all sway.

You want increased profession rates and you're spewing **** about "That's just how TBC worked". Make up your mind.
    It's not a requirement for progression, obviously. Especially considering that ALL guilds initially did Hydros by kiting him. You're just trying to argue with me at this point.

Did Blizzard have 5x XP rates? Nothing to make up my mind for. Use your brain a little.

12. It's not a requirement for progression, obviously. Especially considering that ALL guilds initially did Hydros by kiting him. You're just trying to argue with me at this point.

Did Blizzard have 5x XP rates? Nothing to make up my mind for. Use your brain a little.
    They were kiting him because of incorrect coding and that was fixed. Resist gear IS a requirement for progressing. Go kill Leo without your warlock having fire resist gear. My guild never kited him and farmed the resist sets like we were supposed to for our kill.

No retail didn't have 5x xp rates, which goes with MY point that changing things isn't bad. The rep grind with the pop size we currently have is just straight tedious and I feel that lowering it to honored earlier than normal would increase the raiding population.

13. They kited him because they could. :) Because it was possible on retail too. Because nothing stops a warlock from DoTting Hydros and juggling pipes. Everything else is just excuses.

No, retail didn't have 5x XP rates, so why not increase the prof rates too then? It would affect nothing else but the low-lvl economy. And yes, you are right that it will increase the raiding population, but Warmane have already made clear how they intend to handle things (except for the latest MH difficulty discussion).

14. They kited him because they could. :) Because it was possible on retail too. Because nothing stops a warlock from DoTting Hydros and juggling pipes. Everything else is just excuses.

No, retail didn't have 5x XP rates, so why not increase the prof rates too then? It would affect nothing else but the low-lvl economy. And yes, you are right that it will increase the raiding population, but Warmane have already made clear how they intend to handle things (except for the latest MH difficulty discussion).
    Legit don't even know which side of the discussion you're on anymore. You go back and forth so much. I'm just saying you were advocate about not changing things because it's the way TBC was, but then you go and say you want custom stuff as well.

123 Last