1. [ANSWERED] Neltharion

Alrighty, ima be that first guy.

What are your plans regarding Neltharion? Are we going to get any attention? Current state of Neltharion is next to unplayable. It's a disaster.

Something needs to be done and biggest problem is obviously the playerbase. There is currently players online on the Horde side right now - we need advertisement.

The hide and seek events are completely unnecessary considering we cant even fill a normal WSG bg. I find it hard to believe people actually go out there and fly around. How about hosting arena events instead? Pitfight in gurubashi perhaps? Give it a try.

Let new players get a free 85 toon with bad gear so they dont get bored to death leveling without seeing a single soul on the way to 85. Test it. Did it work? Who knows!
    Edited: October 2, 2017

2. More the problem is new players get matched up against full donors. Theres no fair way to gear up for them. Server needs alot of advetisement yes to bring in huge storm of new players otherwise it wil not work.

3. Take PvE items out of PvP, that's what I say. My belf rogue is not balanced gameplay. Reset the server? Make it progressive? 4.0.6 was pretty fun in tol barad back in the days (yeah, there were some balance issues but it was still fun).

4. Taking the current circumstances and what has been said in the Neltharion discord into consideration, I believe the one of the best ways to increase the player base at the moment would be through promotion that doesn't take too much effort. It's clear that warmane's attention isn't on Neltharion, so we can throw our hopes of a new progressive cataclysm server out of the window, or any other kind of major changes/fixes.

What I mean with "promotion that doesn't take too much effort" is that it would be something that motivates players into wanting to play the game without too much work, for example upping the rewards from the arena ladders, whether that be real money or something else that could possibly branch to the other warmane realms aswell, like some sort of an account wide reward that would make it special (a mount for example) because not a lot of players are driven to get a mount and a title on a dead server (you could argue that coins are already an account wide reward which it basically is, but it isn't enough when it comes to Neltharion) I realize this would take actual effort and could be hard to make possible, contradicting the "promotion without effort" part, but it is an idea nevertheless. Other example could be what Twoeasy mentioned, hosting different kinds of events such as some kind of PvP events/Tournaments, but these could also yield some other rewards than the usual pets/mounts.

There are a lot of other ways this "promotion without effort" could be done, these were just basic examples that were on my mind as I was typing this. There could be ways to corporate this "promotion" into PvE as well, for example hosting some kind of raid/dungeon speedrun competitions with unique rewards, but this would take actual work and effort from Warmane, which again, contradicts the "promotion without effort part. Regardless, felt it would be better than nothing to throw that idea out there.

However considering Warmane's interest in the current state of Neltharion, I believe we won't be seeing any tournaments / rewards that associate real life money as we already have Coins, but who knows. The reason I brought up the idea of real money rewards instead of coins is because a lot of people don't actually need any more coins than what they already have, not to mention that the idea of real life rewards would make it feel a lot competitive, whether it be a regular arena ladder reward or a hosted tournament reward.

And last but not least, there's the possibility of Warmane just advertising Neltharion, whether it be an official post on their website encouraging people to play on Neltharion, or some other kind of advertisement. Again, just throwing out basic examples.

Feel free to correct me or come up with any other ways this "promotion without effort" could be made possible in order to raise the population of Neltharion, or come up with any other ideas that might help increase the population.

TL;DR: Neltharion needs promotion/advertisement that doesn't require much effort since Warmane is too busy with other servers. This promotion could come in form of better/more unique rewards, such as account wide rewards (a mount or a title for example) that would stay with you no matter what expansion/server you play on warmane, or perhaps even real life money, from arena ladders/tournaments/events/whatever else you can come up with.

Edit: Then there's the option of Warmane making a dedicated team just for Neltharion, but that's a bit far-fetched, isn't it?

Edit 2: Pointed out contradictions
    Edited: October 3, 2017

5. Take PvE items out of PvP, that's what I say. My belf rogue is not balanced gameplay. Reset the server? Make it progressive? 4.0.6 was pretty fun in tol barad back in the days (yeah, there were some balance issues but it was still fun).
    then 100% of the server cant pvp anymore lol

A reset would be cool with the hard donate shop system those servers have to, you can only upgrade youre weapon with donate so not instant the best. If you would want to buy the best weapon you would have to pay 10 times the cost.

6. In terms of the events, we will be introducing many more PvP events on Neltharion. The reason why we initially stopped offering them is lack of interest of players in them.

As for promotions, these suggestions have been forwarded to the project leader for consideration. If anything comes up from it, there will be appropriate announcements.

In terms of development, we all know that having this many expansions is too much of a toll on our team. The Burning Crusade expansion was only possible due to versatility of our core. Otherwise, we would not be able to host such an expansions and since Cataclysm is very different in terms of emulation (actually similar but in terms of underlying systems it's different) it's hard to push content to it.

The reason why Tol Barad is still not out and the fact we have no ETA is because the staff member in charge of it is not able to finish it. Unless, we are able to find other staff members with enough time, it's put on a shelf.

7. After giving it some thought over the night with Ginger, a friend of mine, I feel like there's more solutions to the whole promotions thing. These suggestions are going to be rather small, but I feel like some of them would be a step in the right direction.

Reading Twoeasy's suggestion about an instant 85 character for new players led to a whole bunch of thinking with Ginger, which we concluded that giving new players one instant 85 (or whatever level you deem fit) would encourage the new people to give the server a chance, as many people think leveling is extremely tedious, and look forward to the endgame only. The problem with this though is that it might be exploitable, or cause a feeling of inequality as some people get instant 85's while others leveled or paid for it. Maybe this could be somewhat fixed to setting the instant level to somewhere between 70-80, or giving everyone a free instant 85. Also, this would only be temporal, as a way to promote the server.

The second idea synergizes with the first one. Have weekends be some sort of double honor/justice points events. This would encourage the new players that have just started to play more, and could possibly improve their experience, as they have to start with terrible gear. This double weekend thing could also be implimented to EXP aswell, encouraging people and especially the new players to try out different classes and to make alts. This would make it so that the players would have something to do, reducing burnout.

The third idea would be to have some kind of a recruit a friend system, similar to the one in Retail, but I realize this might be tricky with a free to play private server, as it could be exploitable. However, I feel like you guys could make it work!

If some of these ideas were to be implemented, for example the leveling boost and the double honor/JP/exp weekends, I feel like those could be used as selling points when advertising/promoting the server, whether that be on the official Warmane website or somewhere else.

PS: Shoutouts to Ginger <3_<3
    Edited: October 3, 2017

8. [ .. ]

The third idea would be to have some kind of a recruit a friend system, similar to the one in wow, but I realize this might be tricky with a free to play private server, as it could be exploitable. However, I feel like you guys could make it work!

[ .. ]
    can just tie that to donations, no abuse potential there, or at the very least not more than the retail equivalent

9. I would Suggest a Free Faction change for 1 ton/acc. This would drag more people from Alliance side to Horde.And pve is kinda 100% dead on Horde Side.Talking about pvp all i can see is some players from FATALITY.It will be more fun if we get equal Ally :Horde ratio.

10. I would Suggest a Free Faction change for 1 ton/acc. This would drag more people from Alliance side to Horde.And pve is kinda 100% dead on Horde Side.Talking about pvp all i can see is some players from FATALITY.It will be more fun if we get equal Ally :Horde ratio.
    its to dead for that, even the people who play are dead.

Like i logged in last couple days to check if someone had something to do or ask for guilds.

No one replys. They just walk by and dont give a fuk.

11. Oke, i looked at top wow private servers, there are almost 0 ones on the top 10 or whatever with a cataclysm.

Make a new cataclysm here or atleast something. Otherwise they just join a donor fest. Make a advertisement for it and i am sure people join cause there are not many cata servers out there.

12. In terms of the events, we will be introducing many more PvP events on Neltharion. The reason why we initially stopped offering them is lack of interest of players in them.

As for promotions, these suggestions have been forwarded to the project leader for consideration. If anything comes up from it, there will be appropriate announcements.

In terms of development, we all know that having this many expansions is too much of a toll on our team. The Burning Crusade expansion was only possible due to versatility of our core. Otherwise, we would not be able to host such an expansions and since Cataclysm is very different in terms of emulation (actually similar but in terms of underlying systems it's different) it's hard to push content to it.

The reason why Tol Barad is still not out and the fact we have no ETA is because the staff member in charge of it is not able to finish it. Unless, we are able to find other staff members with enough time, it's put on a shelf.
    Toll barad wont save the server, also a making more quesst work will also not make the server be popular agian.

13. Can we get some information from the staff pls?... please don't ignore this post... :) You know that there is 0 good cata server now... you (Molten time) had the first cata servers (at the private servers history) which one had working T13 Content... :) it was not overhyped like lordaeron and outland before the opening event... :) I hope you change your mind and start putting energy into Cata and MOP server also... before you start a SECRET vanilla project... :) Don't forget how you got "big name" before the DATA got stolen... If you think about it you should make these realms shine again... :) Don't forget without these realms Warmane wouldn't be Warmane these days... peace!

14. . let me leave this here, because msg2shrt...

15. I would also hear the staff's thoughts on a new cata server. (if that topic has been brought up here)

12 Last