1. Level 80 normal rdf question.

I decided to roll a mage after obtaining heirloom gear on my prot warrior, and I've been having trouble finding groups through rdf to get pre heroic gear. I expected queue times to be longer for dps, but not anywhere near as bad as it has been for me.

My question is, does it get better once I can queue for heroics? Or am I always going to be looking at more than an hour wait to find a group on this character?

2. Are you on Horde or Alliance side? If Alliance, whisper Icyhearts, I'll help you tank normals.

Otherwise, you can either get crafted gear, or do reputations and buy blue/epic gear from the respective quartermasters to get started.

Jumping straight into Forge of Souls/Pits of Saron normal is also ... the normal things fresh 80s do. Just need an understanding group to carry.

3. It doesnt get better.

Tanks and heals will always be a problem cause people dont play them. They are the first to get the blame when people wipe and most of the people dont want to read 15y old 6k ret pallys whine "tank??????" "heal??????" and "omg this tank, omg this heal"

4. @OP My timers for rdf heroic que are usually between 5-15 mins as a dps.
    @Swarmer Don't forget the ninja pulls.

5. Hello, I have around 15 toons on Icecrown realm and from my expirience is best if you can join some FOS / POS Groups, and then farm rdfs HC.. I dont have problems with RDFs since I always look for group and then queue..

If need some help you can also whisper Drujaga on Ally side.. Cheers

6. Yeah, normal RDF can be an exercise in futility for dps. Like it was mentioned above, there's a decent amount of crafted and/or AH gear that can get you at or near the gearscore requirement to start running heroics (3200-3300, I believe). Or find a guild or other group to carry you for a while in the Frozen Halls normal dungeons.

But it would be very cool if they did something to entice geared players to occasionally run normal dungeons, to get the queue moving. Maybe have a rotating dungeon per day that gives a single Emblem of Frost, or has a chance to drop a vanity item or something.

I tend to roll tanks, so things pop right away, but if your first toon is dps, and you don't have anybody to help craft or fund some starter items, it's an uphill climb before you can start building speed on the gear treadmill.

7. Do quests and spend the gold you earn for blue lvl 80 gear in ah. Prices are from less than 50g to 200g per item. Some epic items are realy cheap, too.