1. Question for the Staff: Are you considering options to help Medivh population?

The hot topic on the Medivh forums (which is kind of funny itself considering these forums move very slow due to low population) is how Medivh's population is considered critically low and that if something doesn't happen, it will shrink further and become unsustainable. It is already unhealthy - nobody can deny this. The PvP scene is abysmal. At certain times of the day it is extremely difficult to fill groups and PUG raids. New players who join are greeted with a considerable lack of other players to group with and often lose focus and make the move to Outland where none of these things are an issue.

Several things have been suggested recently - I'll list some of them.

A temporary boost from 1-60 to boost population. This would bring in new players ranging from people on Outland who want an alternative to their current characters, as well as current Medivh players who would like to swap mains/change classes but don't have the time to invest in 1-60. Having to level from 60-70 is much more palatable than having to start from 1.

A boost in leveling rates, either temporary or permanent. Personally I see this as less attractive an option than an outright level boost.

Enabling transfers from Outland to Medivh. This seems to be the least favorable option considering their massive gear/gold/PvP advancement over Medivh.

Enabling the character Trade function, whether with a maxiumum level cap of 60 or without. This has the benefit of helping Warmane financially as people would need to purchase coins. However, I see it as not having the desired effect of boosting population by that much because most people are not going to want to pay.

So, I come to the crux of the post. I'm hoping a staff member will reply: Are you guys considering, or planning, anything like the above options to help Medivh's population?

2. If the server got to unplayable levels, I wouldn't be opposed to just merging with Outland if all other solutions failed.

It's not quite there yet though. Still plenty of healthy raiding guilds on horde side, even during NA time. Although I can see it being hard for people without a guild. Not many people even run dungeons anymore - just raid logging or run dungeons with people they know. Pugs on this server are worse than most.
    Edited: October 5, 2017

3. cry for hardcore
    hardcore realm is here
    too hard and quit

warmane community haHAA
    But its not hardcore lol its just a x1 server, the raids are not hardcore at all

4. @OP - Medivh was opened because people wanted hardcore. Now they're leaving. Go figure :)
    whats hardcore about this realm?

ill repost my tought about this realm

The server was a reactionary move to Gummy and it was not thought out and it was straight out lied to what it should be. If the serv was actually a pre nerf 1x TBC server you would have 5k+ people on it.

But making it pre nerf would have meant working on it to fix items/talents/pve and not just copying the Outland core and make it 1x.

Medivh is a fluke straight up.
    Edited: October 5, 2017

5. Just set the character market up so I can sell the char I geared for months...then move on to Outland to buy a char lol

But seriously. The last few months we've had like 15 topics and countless suggestions to "balance out content" a little and save PvP... and by saving PvP, save the pop, the economy, professions and the server itself in the process. Every one was either straight-up ignored or disregarded as "not blizzlike, get out".
    This "blizzlike" term is the wow version of "politically correct".

6. But its not hardcore lol its just a x1 server, the raids are not hardcore at all
    How is it not hardcore? They have custom tuning on bosses, and things such as the custom "challenging" Karazhan trash. And anyway, by modern standards TBC is pretty hardcore by itself when it comes to time investment, with the levelling process and the raid preparation/attunement processes. It's those long processes that makes it alt-unfriendly and why rerolling is difficult, and for a lot of players rerolling is one of the primary things that keeps people playing rather than quitting.

The other reason Medivh is dead is because they just pulled it straight out of nowhere after everyone had already put time and effort into Outland, and instead of hyping and marketting it for months like they did with Outland they told not a damn soul. So Medivh is a victim of Warmanes lack of communication, combined with the "hardcore" elements of TBC in terms of time commitment.

7. /creeps through the bushes with binoculars, trying to find the elusive Staff Member.

8. Which bosses are custom tuned on medivh? That video of the Curator fight when people first got into Kara showed no such thing.

9. [ .. ]
    *PvP gear far behind PvE gear
    [ .. ]
    r u srs WutFace
    we're in fact ahead of the curve with pvp gear because s2 shouldnt be a thing until a buncha weeks into the bt release

10. I've noticed this as well lately. I wouldn;t want the server to be non-Blizzlike personally. So only real alternative is perhaps "free" server transfer from Outlands. That would boost numbers

11. But its not hardcore lol its just a x1 server, the raids are not hardcore at all
    Hardcore to the millennials that don't wanna put a scrap of effort into anything they do in life.

12. Server transfers would be the best, please don't touch the x1 and "Blizzlike" nature of the server. We don't want pay to win here.

13. Which bosses are custom tuned on medivh? That video of the Curator fight when people first got into Kara showed no such thing.
    Pretty much no fight on the server is tuned with the same numbers as Blizzard. Some select specific fights are considerably different too, the main difference in Kara on Medivh is the trash. Hydross has 70% more health than retail had for example though, but that's also true on Outland.

14. How is it not hardcore? They have custom tuning on bosses, and things such as the custom "challenging" Karazhan trash. And anyway, by modern standards TBC is pretty hardcore by itself when it comes to time investment, with the levelling process and the raid preparation/attunement processes. It's those long processes that makes it alt-unfriendly and why rerolling is difficult, and for a lot of players rerolling is one of the primary things that keeps people playing rather than quitting.

The other reason Medivh is dead is because they just pulled it straight out of nowhere after everyone had already put time and effort into Outland, and instead of hyping and marketting it for months like they did with Outland they told not a damn soul. So Medivh is a victim of Warmanes lack of communication, combined with the "hardcore" elements of TBC in terms of time commitment.
    This version of kara trash is easier than retail. Valets not immune to shackle. Etherials that can be sheeped, feared, taunted, stunned. Ethereal theives that don't drop agro. Fleshbeasts that are not immune to any type of CC. Just making these mobs hit slightly harder does not make them actually harder if you can CC, taunt, stun them when you shouldn't be able to.

There is a lot that this server does well. The Outland questing experience, boss scripting and player mechancis are excellent. But kara and 5 man dungeon trash is an absolute embarrassment.
    Edited: October 10, 2017

15. Well, I've always thought that a 1xserver from 1 to 70 is a big mistake. Most of us are refugees from other private servers and level and level new toons get boring really fast. That said, actually I'm really enjoying the levelling experience with my druid LoL

IMHO, we need x3 rate for 1-60 and 1x60-70 or the server will die sooner or later.

First 1234 ... Last