1. cry for hardcore
    hardcore realm is here
    too hard and quit

warmane community haHAA

It's not too hard you fool, it's a population issue. Faction imbalance, zero PvP, no staff intervention to slow or reverse the population leaking, etc. The "hardcore" aspect of the server is fine, but without population it doesn't matter what the server parameters are.

2. But server parameters are important for recruiting new possible players though.

3. Good evening,

As a player who just started I have to say I had and still to a degree have high hopes for the server. The main reason I came to the server is the fact that it didn't have a cash shop and it was pre nerf. I have enjoyed the experience thus far and have found little to no bugs. I had only been able to do one deadmines run with a lock pet tank and a guild friend was nice enough to run me through Stockades.

I think people need to better understand that the life cycle of a private server is typically short if it even ever leaves the ground. Its just not enticing for people to want to level on a 1x server blizzlike. Eventually the servers peak and then they fade as content becomes repetitive. This is why Blizz has done such a good job at rolling out updates and patches with eventual expansions. They understand this cycle better than any of us. Medivh will maybe never trully "die" unless Warmane decides to shut it down but the population will continue to drop with an eventual consistent low population unless a new feature is added that brings attention to it.

4. I started this server when it launched and got 2 70s within about 2 months or so of playing. My first toon managed to get pre-raid BiS basically in about 2 weeks, mostly due to only being able to run heroics at 2 different times of the day (around Noon EST and Midnight reset). Sad thing is, usually ended up running with the same tanks/healers every day, so once they got geared, finding heroic groups got even harder. Now fast forward a few months to gummy's death and a whole lot of people decided.... Well lets play Medivh, sounds like a plausible option? Seems now that those gummy fanboys are realizing that they alone couldn't fix the horrible lack of a NA population on this server.

5. At this juncture, the only real solution is to just merge the servers of Medivh and Outlands. Population will continue to decline until eventually there is but a few guilds who raid log, and nothing else. I've stopped playing here after clearing and gearing up through T4, but there just isn't enough people to do T5, and with no PvP scene it cuts the spectrum of playability in half.

Anyway, yeah, merge the servers!

6. merge is not solution - a lot of medivh players will quit if you put them near x5 leveled with donated gear

7. merge is not solution - a lot of medivh players will quit if you put them near x5 leveled with donated gear
    i'd imagine they'd quit anyway once the population gets low enough. a merge may at least save some players.

8. The server still peaks at 2000+ which is decent. The server is far away from being in a position where merging is necessary, once it hits sub 500 players then it'll be a different situation.

9. But it doesn't help that the best NA guild on the server or probably any NA guild on the server capable of raiding just expects you to be geared to raid. Ask for help or try to form normal runs and its pretty much impossible to do so.

10. I've stopped playing here after clearing and gearing up through T4, but there just isn't enough people to do T5
    That's weird since every T5 guild is recruiting. Maybe try sending a tell to one of the many people who spam global all day?

But it doesn't help that the best NA guild on the server or probably any NA guild on the server capable of raiding just expects you to be geared to raid. Ask for help or try to form normal runs and its pretty much impossible to do so.
    Literally zero guilds expect this. My guild is bringing fresh 70s to 25s and I've seen others spamming "we will gear and key you." We spent yesterday doing rep runs and trials for people who needed them.

There is a lot of absolute nonsense, excuses and misinformation in this thread. If you're 70 and you WANT to raid, then you probably can.

My guild has had literally 1 recruit that we didn't bring here from our guilds on previous servers. ONE person who actually responded to recruitment spam, the entire time we've been here. It's not our fault that nobody wants to join a new guild. It's not a huge deal for us, since we brought about 23 of our own players and are clearing content just fine. But we've been trying to recruit and getting nothing.
    Edited: October 13, 2017

11. As far as NA goes -

A big challenge is the fact that the server is majority EU. Meaning NA guilds struggle to acquire people due to play times.

Warmane does have the ability to fix this, but from the lack of response it does not look like there is enough of a spotlight on this server to justify drastic changes to save it. I can tell you that we decided last night to officially leave the server, thus reducing the NA pop by about 25 more people.

Seems like a small change, but 25 people accounts for about 1/8th or more of the NA Raiding population.

12. If you have 25 people then why leave? Just curious.

13. That's weird since every T5 guild is recruiting. Maybe try sending a tell to one of the many people who spam global all day?

Literally zero guilds expect this. My guild is bringing fresh 70s to 25s and I've seen others spamming "we will gear and key you." We spent yesterday doing rep runs and trials for people who needed them.

There is a lot of absolute nonsense, excuses and misinformation in this thread. If you're 70 and you WANT to raid, then you probably can.

My guild has had literally 1 recruit that we didn't bring here from our guilds on previous servers. ONE person who actually responded to recruitment spam, the entire time we've been here. It's not our fault that nobody wants to join a new guild. It's not a huge deal for us, since we brought about 23 of our own players and are clearing content just fine. But we've been trying to recruit and getting nothing.
    Well the big question is are you a EU guild or NA? What classes, what times, etc. All the normal questions. Since I'm a NA player I like NA raid times. I'm happy your a new guild that does such things but its guilds that are already inplace that just want people geared to just continue there stuff with no effort into people they recruit that aren't geared. Just sucks.

As far as NA goes -

A big challenge is the fact that the server is majority EU. Meaning NA guilds struggle to acquire people due to play times.

Warmane does have the ability to fix this, but from the lack of response it does not look like there is enough of a spotlight on this server to justify drastic changes to save it. I can tell you that we decided last night to officially leave the server, thus reducing the NA pop by about 25 more people.

Seems like a small change, but 25 people accounts for about 1/8th or more of the NA Raiding population.
    What guild Jeets? I been out from the server for months, at least 4 or 5 months that I quit from here. Not to mention I never floated around the forums much so I don't know your name to ign.

14. Well the big question is are you a EU guild or NA? What classes, what times, etc. All the normal questions. Since I'm a NA player I like NA raid times.
    We are a NA guild with pretty standard NA raid times but we tend to keep a low profile. Send me a PM or tell me your in game name if you're interested in specifics. I just don't think this is an appropriate forum to recruit for our guild - but I'm sure we'd be open to talking with anyone who wants to join.
    Edited: October 13, 2017

15. The server still peaks at 2000+ which is decent. The server is far away from being in a position where merging is necessary, once it hits sub 500 players then it'll be a different situation.
    right now its 3-6PM in america, and the website shows ~ 1k players online... That's pretty terrible for NA, maybe decent for EU, but yeah

First 12345 Last