1. Combine Hand of Freedom & Cleanse in a macro

Hey guys,

since I am not experienced with the World of Warcraft API I am asking for your help.

Today I've tried to combine 'Hand of Freedom' & 'Cleanse' into one macro to simplify gameplay. What I expect from the macro is to detect movement impairing effects and debuffs on my character to let it automatically use the necessary ability to get rid of these. That means if a rogue stuns me I'd like the macro to activate 'Hand of Freedom' as 'Cleanse' will not work. The other way round if a druid casts 'Entangling Roots' on me I'd like the macro to activate 'Cleanse' as 'Hand of Freedom' is not necessary for removing this spell.

Thanks in advance :)

2. It is possible to write such a macro, but I don't believe there is enough space available within a macro's character limit to cover all of the relevant debuffs. Both of the spells use the GCD, so it becomes difficult without having the space to write a full-size script. This is intended by Blizzard, as they want you to make choices on which spells to use, rather than having macros or scripts make those choices for you.

3. So you basically want the macro to think instead of you since it's so hard to play Ret PvP and you don't have space on your action bars for all the spells Ret uses.

kappa

Now seriously, I advise you to not use a macro for that and just use the spells separately. Also, get Purify on your action bars for cases when you don't want to dispel a magic effect from yourself (Unstable Affliction, Vampiric Touch).

4. Thanks for your replies guys, but macros were established to simplify gameplay so why not use this potential.

When I played a hunter in Vanilla I used this macro:

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
    /script class=UnitClass("target"); if ((class=="Rogue") or (class=="Warrior")) then CastSpellByName("Scorpid Sting"); else CastSpellByName("Viper Sting"); end

You're never going to use 'Scorpid Sting' on a mage, right? Or 'Viper Sting' on a rogue. So, here's a macro that casts the right sting depending on the class of your target.

So why not create a macro which uses 'Hand of Freedom' or 'Cleanse' depending on which is needed? I have so much keybinds and I'm just trying to relieve my fingers :P

Greets

5. You can get the addon 'Decursive' which will basically enable you to just right/left click your character's box to cast the appropriate spell to remove the debuff(s).

It's the closest you can get to what you're asking for I believe.