1. Frost/Uh for PvP? How good is it?

After a long long LOOONG while of not playing wow, it's calling out to me again (and just as college is starting fml). So, I want to play Wotlk.

I've played a ret pretty much my entire wow life, so melee is definitely what I'm going with, and as I remember just how "ret"ardedly easy their rotation is in wotlk, I want to play a DK instead.

Now I remember back when I played on original Lordaeron (molten days, 2011 or something), almost every DK was frost. But that may just be because I did mostly PvE, and very little PvP.

Which one is better (in PvP)? UH or Frost? Maybe blood even? I'll mostly be playing battlegrounds, but I do intend to play enough Arenas to at least get full wrathful (minus shoulders since I remember they require 3v3).

Edit: Oh also, definitely playing a DK I guess, since I heard SMourne is obtainable. Also, is the "new" wotlk client still as buggy? Or is it fine to get it?
    Edited: October 8, 2017

2. Uh is very, very nice. I cant speak for frost as I havent played it personally since retail Wrath. Same goes for blood, altho you can go ARP build on blood (works on Uh too, but cant say its the best, but preferences I guess).
    But UH has always been my fav, so I might be a little biased. Its a guide on the dk subforum on atleast UH pvp. Not sure about frost tho.
    Glhf!

3. I remember just how "ret"ardedly easy their rotation is in wotlk, I want to play a DK instead.
    DK is also very easy to play. For arena and AOE dmg, unholy is better then frost, also has much more sustain then frost DK. But when it comes to single-target dmg, frost has higher burst. But if you plan to get SM, its better for you to play unholy, because SM is simply the best. IMO playing as frost is much more fun then unholy but cant get that high when it comes to arena. And ye, forget about blood, its more of a PVE tank and has low dmg if you build full PVP items.

4. Frost and Unholy are equally good in PvP.
    Frost has more burst and better CC while Unholy has higher sustain dmg and better magic dmg mitigation.

In terms of 2s arena FDK + Hpaly or UH DK + Hpaly are both strong setups.
    UH is better against double caster opponents such as Spriest + Fmage due to the high magic dmg mitigation.
    FDK is better against opponents with a healer such as Awarr + Hpaly due to the high burst dmg with frost strike and the extra CC with hungering cold.
    FDK is better on high rating because ull face mainly healer+dps comps on +2.2k.

In duels UH outperforms Frost and is considered to be one of the best class/spec for 1v1.

Blood is hardly viable in PvP.
    When full pvp geared it has great survivability but no dmg.
    When PvE geared with Arp it has great burst but no survivability.

5. Play uh pvp best spec for DK, frost requires alot of bis gear live havocs x2 double Death Verdict and pve ofparts

6. Yep, I'll be playing Unholy then. I do have a few questions though:

I was tanking a dungeon (as UH) and they killed my pet. The "raise dead" skill was just gray, as in I couldn't cast it at all. How to fix that? Perhaps if I tried "abandoning" pet with the command it'd have worked. When I teleported out of the dungeon it was back to normal, but if that **** happens in BG's or god forbid Arenas that'd suck.

Is there a point to using the (I forgot the name) attack that is only useable after a dodge or parry, rather than death coil, in situations other than "Rogue uses evasion" or something similar?

How to deal with "claw" (I hope I got the name right) skill. Leaving it not autocast means a lot of DPS lost (I assume at least), but leaving it on may result in not enough energy for a quick stun.

And finally, obviously in PvE I'd want to use Icy Touch, but in PvP (as it doesn't seem to do that much damage, at least for me as an UH) can I just swap it for Chains of Ice?
    Edited: October 11, 2017

7. Play uh pvp best spec for DK, frost requires alot of bis gear live havocs x2 double Death Verdict and pve ofparts
    It's completely the opposite actually, frost doesn't need any pve offparts because it has high enough burst already and needs the resilience because it has lower survivability than UH.

8. Play uh pvp best spec for DK, frost requires alot of bis gear live havocs x2 double Death Verdict and pve ofparts
    Sounds like a FDK which gets blown up in seconds.

It's better to survive and have more set up than to go all in for damage.

9. Sounds like a FDK which gets blown up in seconds.

It's better to survive and have more set up than to go all in for damage.
    That depends on your setup

10. Like unholy is the best and always been except for patch 4.0.6 when frost was ok, and patch 4.1.0 when frost was on pair with unholy. Blizz wants you to be unholy for pvp. Thats it. Get used to it, youll like it eventully with all the **** pressure it does instead of the great crits frost does. Oh well.

11. Like unholy is the best and always been except for patch 4.0.6 when frost was ok, and patch 4.1.0 when frost was on pair with unholy. Blizz wants you to be unholy for pvp. Thats it. Get used to it, youll like it eventully with all the **** pressure it does instead of the great crits frost does. Oh well.
    Such a bunch of nonsense.
    U obviously never played Frost, atleast not in a serious way.

12. In my oppinion the only thing unholy spec has advantage over frost is the unholy blight (debuff that doesn't allow dispell your diseases) and the pet stun. The rest is just about playstyle and skill :D

13. Keep in mind the AMS talent and AMZ for casters and Bone shield for melees aswell. Its very funny when someone tries to burst me down and I pop IBF + BS for op damage reduction (qq why i no dmg op dk qq).

14. In my oppinion the only thing unholy spec has advantage over frost is the unholy blight (debuff that doesn't allow dispell your diseases) and the pet stun. The rest is just about playstyle and skill :D
    Hungering cold is a better CC than pet stun.
    Keep in mind the AMS talent and AMZ for casters and Bone shield for melees aswell. Its very funny when someone tries to burst me down and I pop IBF + BS for op damage reduction (qq why i no dmg op dk qq).
    In arena frost is still better against melee opponents.
    UH simply lacks the burst dmg and CC to beat any warrior/healer comp on higher rating.

15. Yep, I'll be playing Unholy then. I do have a few questions though:

I was tanking a dungeon (as UH) and they killed my pet. The "raise dead" skill was just gray, as in I couldn't cast it at all. How to fix that? Perhaps if I tried "abandoning" pet with the command it'd have worked. When I teleported out of the dungeon it was back to normal, but if that **** happens in BG's or god forbid Arenas that'd suck.
    When you get out of combat then a 30 second cooldown starts for the Raise dead.
    Similar to how the potions work.

12 Last