1. How do you feel about Russian?

Hello , all, I really want to learn English, and I've mastered the base, but that would be to learn this language well you need to practice communication . And I want to communicate with English-speaking players in the wonderful game world of Warcraft. But my problem is that I am from Russia ( Siberia ) . Will you forget me when they learn that I'm Russian or will it just be jokes about "vodka and Putin" ?

2. vodka and putin jokes are better than mom jokes

if you want to learn english just keep learnign new words every day and write them down in a notebook and study grammar etc. you won't learn any english from wow. Kind regards from Bulgaria ))

3. you won't learn any english from wow. Kind regards from Bulgaria ))
    Biggest lie ever. I have learned English more as a little kid through video games, especially through WoW than as an adult.
    I'm not saying, I'm perfect.

Video games, especially MMOs have live community where you need to communicate. Singleplayer video games have story lines, so much talking between characters, so much things on English language.

4. Gamers don't really care about nationality in my experience- but we may still make jokes based on stereotypes in good taste of course (:

5. For example, I raid with Germans and I have made fun of their wipes using the "you bombed that pull" on more than one occasion

6. Hello , all, I really want to learn English, and I've mastered the base, but that would be to learn this language well you need to practice communication . And I want to communicate with English-speaking players in the wonderful game world of Warcraft. But my problem is that I am from Russia ( Siberia ) . Will you forget me when they learn that I'm Russian or will it just be jokes about "vodka and Putin" ?
    you might get jokes about vodka and putin, but in games like this everyone ****s with each other, I wouldnt worry about it. I for one love to help people try to better themselves.

For instance in your quote you said

[Will you forget me when they learn that I'm Russian or will it just be jokes about "vodka and Putin" ?]

Did you mean to say "forgive" instead of "forget" ? either way the grammer is a bit off. But to be honest you speak pretty ****ing good english already

7. I like Russian people, our media in the US are a bunch of liars. The Russian dossier was a big made story from the Liberal news stations.

8. Video games, especially MMOs have live community where you need to communicate. Singleplayer video games have story lines, so much talking between characters, so much things on English language.
    I strongly agree with that! I've learned most of my english from WoW since i was 11. was best in class with english and also i've been practisipating at english olympiad (my english teacher forced me xD) where i took very beautiful and sweet FIRST place! Since that everyone in school who had problems with english came to me and asking things that they didn't get right. :)

Greetings from Estonia!

IlakLinux
    Edited: January 31, 2018 Reason: Some little typo fixes

9. In my experience, no one particularly cares what country you're from. In rare cases, they'll be drunk and use country-of-origin as a focal for jokes and teasing...but they're as likely to do it to other americans as any other country. What people DO care that you are able to communicate the necessities of the game. So long as you understand that Moons and Squares are for Sheeps and IceTraps, and "Healthstones please" then you can mispronounce/misspell all the conversational words you like.

I find that learning conversational English through PUGs is a rather poor experience for folk, as we use a very bastardized version of the english language when we're quick-typing on the go. HOWEVER, learning conversational english through a guild or friendlist groups is actually VERY HELPFUL to the few folk I've known to be seeking that out of the game.

I have a Serbian aquaintance priest that healed well in a dungeon, so I pulled him into my casual majority-american guild. For the first day or so, he was teased on his chosen character name (a serbian word) and his accent on discord, but once he got passed that (comforted by private whisper conversations with me confirming what people were joking about or when they were sincere vs. sarcastic) he fit in well and the hype about his non-english died down. Now he just holds normal conversations and is presumably bettering his English.

10. People tease me on my accent (croatian) since it sounds semi russian.Still as others pointed it was thru gaming that i learned my baby words (more or less) in english.

Time n time again i started using more complex words thru conversation and thus grasped the concept of times plural,past,futur and nouns and how it should be used properly.

I even was a top peer in my school (high).While my accent is something i cannot change truly since i dont live in english based city it's still very correct in terms of pronouncing it.
    But yeah,most of it was learned thru years of gaming and movies.Nowdays i dont even converse nor watch anything unless english based (apps,movies,subs,you name it).
    Still a mistake here and there can slip thru but it's common for everyone else,even english speaking citizens (compare florida speaking english to aussie or scottish,or some parts of US speaking countries,rural villages).I bet they swallow words as well.