1. Master of Elixirs bugged?

I've only just recently started playing Wow and I want to have the transmute specialization for alchemy, but I chose the elixir specialization about a week ago and I couldn't finish the quest to switch to transmute because I need the recipe for "Elixir of Major Defense". I did some research and found out the recipe is sold by some guy in Blade's Edge Mountains, but I've been there 3 or 4 times this week, waiting for a good amount of time, however no restock. My friends don't know about it either. Some people say the quest is bugged.. can anyone confirm? I just really wanna get some transmutes going.
    Thank you

2. I bought the recipe yesterday from the troll in blade edge. I'd also been there a few times before.

On that topic though. You need to do Old Hillsbrad before you can do BM, right? "Escape from Durnholde" quest doesn't finish for me when I kill the last boss, and I'm pretty sure I need to finish it to be able to enter BM :/ I might be forgetting something, been a while since I did this content, so any pointers appreciated.

3. Still a problem

Well i seem to be having both of your problems, finished last boss on escape from durnholde and never got completed, and i the troll in blades edge isnt spawning the recipe...

4. Durnholde worked just fine for me.