1. Arcane Tomes/fel armaments and ninjaing

first off i want to start this by defining what i believe ninjaing to be. "taking an item you don't need solely for the purpose of selling it". ok, now that we've got that out of the way. why is it ok to ninja these items? i thought ninjaing was againts the rules. yet ive seen people roll need on both arcane tomes and fel armaments, and no one bats an eye.

2. because one can be evenly traded for the other, this is not ninjaing, calm down

3. because one can be evenly traded for the other, this is not ninjaing, calm down
    well if there is some sort of npc you can trade fel armaments to then i guess im wrong here but i know of no such npc. im pretty sure people jsut sell them anyway.

4. The assumption is that everyone is either Aldor or Scryer and needing on those items is okay. They trade them for the needed equivalent.

5. The assumption is that everyone is either Aldor or Scryer and needing on those items is okay......
    thats pretty much my point, aldor or scryer not both. and sure you could ask some one to trade but why should i have to do that. why cant i jsut roll on the items i need and not roll on the ones i dont? this seems like a pretty poor system that promotes people stealing things they dont need, i mean why even have the greed option then?

6. nubbling, in a perfect world Scryers won't need armaments and Aldors won't need tomes. In a perfect world neither will need on armaments or tomes just to sell them. In a perfect world neither will need on armaments or tomes under the pretext that they'll use them for their alt.

It's not a perfect world. Get over it. When I was doing SL, everyone would Need the armaments and give me all kinds of excuses. Then, when I was in TK dungeons, everyone would suddenly turn out to be a Scryer and start Needing on the tomes. It's commonly accepted for armaments and tomes to be Needed. It has always been like that, on all servers including retail.

7. nubbling, in a perfect world Scryers won't need armaments and Aldors won't need tomes. In a perfect world neither will need on armaments or tomes just to sell them. In a perfect world neither will need on armaments or tomes under the pretext that they'll use them for their alt.

It's not a perfect world. Get over it. When I was doing SL, everyone would Need the armaments and give me all kinds of excuses. Then, when I was in TK dungeons, everyone would suddenly turn out to be a Scryer and start Needing on the tomes. It's commonly accepted for armaments and tomes to be Needed. It has always been like that, on all servers including retail.
    it is only like that because we, as the community, make it so. all it really takes is a few people to stop doing it and others should catch on. im just saying we can make this place a little better by being honest. it may not happen all at once but eventually it should work.

btw im not trying to be a cry baby(not quite the right word but close enough) so telling me to get over it is a little rude and dismissive. i am honestly enjoying the .... debate... i guess.

8. These items are a currency, everyone needs because everyone is entitled an equal piece of that pie.

9. These items are a currency, everyone needs because everyone is entitled an equal piece of that pie.
    this is just like saying just because a hunter can equip a tanking weapon (I.E one with +def +block ETC) they are entitled to roll on it.

10. this is just like saying just because a hunter can equip a tanking weapon (I.E one with +def +block ETC) they are entitled to roll on it.
    No it's not, a tanking weapon is not a currency item. How can you even make this comparison.

11. all it really takes is a few people to stop doing it and others should catch on.
    You sound very naive. If the world ran on good intentions, there would be no need for laws, my friend.

It's not going to happen. It takes 1 person out of 10 to roll Need on that armament/tome, and the rest will start rolling as well, just so that they don't fall behind and look like fools. It's human nature and it's normal. Not doing it would mean you're not competitive; a loser.

this is just like saying just because a hunter can equip a tanking weapon (I.E one with +def +block ETC) they are entitled to roll on it.
    If that tanking weapon is BoE, then the hunter and everyone else in the group will Need it. Because it turns into currency. It's absolutely the same logic as with tomes/armaments. ;) Do you understand now?
    Edited: October 10, 2017

12. maybe i simplified it too much, what im trying to say is there are people who need it and others who don't. and unless im wrong, rolling need something you dont need is the definition of ninjaing.

13. maybe i simplified it too much, what im trying to say is there are people who need it and others who don't. and unless im wrong, rolling need something you dont need is the definition of ninjaing.
    I play tank. I have around 30 Primal Nethers in my bag. I don't even have professions. Now crucify me.

You would ask why I took them, and I would answer: because I may level my professions, and because in time they will become a currency when they become tradeable. And then all the time I spent tanking HCs which I don't need will pay off, literally.
    Edited: October 10, 2017

14. this is just like saying just because a hunter can equip a tanking weapon (I.E one with +def +block ETC) they are entitled to roll on it.
    can you trade the tanking weapon

15. maybe i simplified it too much, what im trying to say is there are people who need it and others who don't. and unless im wrong, rolling need something you dont need is the definition of ninjaing.
    They are a highly traded currency with a fairly stable market value and are generally interchangeable with each other. Yeah maybe you need it for your rep, but if you want the rep you can spend the same 10-15g on these items that you're in effect taking from other players when you need and win one of these items.

You can't compare this with a BOP piece of equipment, these items are a tradable currency that has the same value for everyone regardless of your reputation.

123 Last