1. @Jazzmatazz you probably might know me as Leona. I'm on the Staff since almost the beginning (May 2010) and Head Mod since 2011.

I remember we opened extra realms faster than ever, but they eventually got merged and closed. TBC basically breathed fresh air into the server. To say "Molten was Glorious when it had 8-10k player based on 4 - 5 Cataclysm realm". is a bit out of reality. Sounds fanatic even. And no, we aren't blaming the community entirely. We admit our share of guilt of course, but we had to recover from the crash and on a market perspective, LK and Pandaria were more supportive. Sorry but I can't recall about Neltharion that much (even though I played there since I started here). Cata wasn't much of my taste.

@matyi96 you're speaking a lot of nonsense. There is no new admin. The old one who left had no experience in management. The founder is still here. We can't deal with Cataclysm at this point, but from what I read after asking about it to other Staff, is that it is in the plans for the future. We weren't bothering with TBC back then and all of sudden we are. When the time is right, we will come with something for Cata as well. Just not now. Its very diferent of saying never.

2. When the time is right, we will come with something for Cata as well. Just not now. Its very diferent of saying never.
    Oh bby. All I want for Christmas is you. Thanks.

3. reset server, give everyone 10% - 15% of coins spent back, thanks.

oh and advertising it would be cool to.

4. decision for 2018 : restart, give some coins based on ilvl,played time and achievements, everyone happy,you guys get player base back,we get server to play,thats it

5. So basically what you are saying we should go and play other cataclysm servers and after 2-3 when you start fixing stuff abandon all the progress we made there and come back?

if your answer will be to continue playing here it would be a joke not an answer, not a single raid works properly, half of the dungeons are messed up(i'm talking endgame ones). all that is left is pvp and not much of it

6. You couldn't deal with Cata 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago, and you still can't deal with at the moment we talk. I am just wondering, when will you be able to deal with it ? xd This post has ~9k views already, I guess there is still some interest in this realm, otherwise it wouldn't have 9k views, amirite ?

7. This post has ~9k views already, I guess there is still some interest in this realm, otherwise it wouldn't have 9k views, amirite ?
    probably 100 people reread this thread ~90 times

8. When the time is right, we will come with something for Cata as well. Just not now. Its very diferent of saying never.
    so pretty much when warmane is done with TBC there would be 3 options

A. Cata becomes a priority in terms of fixing bugs and advertisement to revive the cata realm or the realm is closed to make a new progressive cata server similar to icecrown and outland

B. MoP becomes the priority and Cata would be last to be helped add on another 1.5 years of waiting or Warmane merges Nelth into MoP similar to how we saw icecrown merge or warsong merging into nelth

C. Warlords of Draenor server < Legion Server which would only push the Cata priority back even further in which case there would be no point in even having a Cata server anymore since other private server have already surpassed Nelth and most of the community already left because I cant see the remainder of the community sticking around on this server for 3-4 years to see fixes or improvement.
    Edited: January 1, 2018

9. As did Palutena said. They are going to fix cata in the future. But before they start fixing it, there's going to be around 100 ppl on server so better do something now. This is wasting time...

10. First of first, fix those ****ing lagz, thanks.

11. Honestly, if you want to "fix" the Cataclysm portion of Warmane, you'd be better off treating it with the same amount of TLC as you do with your profiting servers. If you let multiple parts die because they don't bring in as much as the two popular expansions then you're basically only appealing to half of your playerbase, which will inevitably become your majority since people will flock to the expansions that get the most attention and care from the developers and staff in general.

From a business aspect, you're basically appealing to profit margins (which isn't a bad thing, but at the same time you'd get exponential increases to success if you applied that same logic to your failing playerbase expansions. It's only common logic, not to be rude, of course).

The only reason I left was because back when I was a regular, there was a content drought of at least 8 months after the whole Hermes fiasco and the AT merge. Despite my lowkey saltiness about your retraction of your word about "going backwards" with the release of Burning Crusade realms, I noticed how much life it brought back to the server I deemed a dying patient months before.

What you did there was appeal to the massive amounts of your playerbase asking for TBC realms. That is how you bring life back to your servers.
    No one wants to be forced to play their favorite expansion pack in a way they don't see as fun. You have instant 80 and two progression realms for WotLK, yet your instant 85 realm and instant 90 realms both died simply because they didn't get as much attention and management as Blackrock.

In my honest opinion, treating Warmane the way you guys handled Molten in 2011-2013 will give you all the life you need back into the server as a whole.
    For those who don't know what i'm talking about, back then there were only two expansions: Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm. Wrath had three servers, Cata had two. Both had ONE instant max level realm for the PvP playerbase and progression realms for the casual/PvE playerbase. Both had equal management, both had GMs online more than often.

Then Mists hit and you guys basically lost sight of everything because you decided to release the two MoP realms earlier because of player demands despite them not being ready and caved in to the players' negative feedback as if it was your fault the servers were buggy and broken. This was the point in time where you guys became intimidated by your playerbase despite having the power of giving them a place to play for free.

Then Hermes comes out of nowhere, puts on his front about picking up where Kaer left off, then goes ghost for three months only to hijack the server and all its funds.

As much as the server's shaken back from all that foolishness, it's safe to say you guys still let the playerbase bully you into making decisions you're not ready to solidify yet, and it's hindering the server more than it should.

I'd rather play on a low pop server that releases optimally scripted and coded content than a high pop server that appeals to their impatient and angsty playerbase who cant wait for **** to be perfected before they're released.

And from a PvP aspect, you guys basically let the former AT community bully you into applying unneeded QoL fixes that you guys weren't even done coding and scripting yet.

TL;DR: If you want to revive the dead expansions, take initiative, ask the playerbase for their SUGGESTIONS, and base YOUR decisions off of the most popular ones, but don't make decisions simply to silence the outcry when you know you're not ready yet. if they leave, they leave. Their loss. But at the same time, when they leave make them regret being impatient by delivering to you loyal, patient players a gaming experience worthy of being called "Blizzlike."

12. I've played on Molten/Warmane since 2011. When cata first opened, it was very fun with tol'barad, and it was very active. It would be cool to reset cata and do a progression. I have a couple character with full heroic gear, and I would still prefer to lose those characters than to sit around and do nothing except one-shot people in bgs with blf and vial. But realistically, if there are not enough people interested in a reset, and the population will be too low, then I don't believe a reset will be worth it. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Rip in peace.

13. Please refund our coins so we can spend it on other realms. Give us a chance to play again. There is a lot of people with full geared characthers on Neltharion but they don't care to play because realm is dead. I'm sure If you refund some coins there would be much more people on other realms. I know many players like me which would rather stay offline then waste time on dead realm.

14. There is a lot of people with full geared characthers on Neltharion but they don't care to play because realm is dead.
    Read again what you just said. You are not playing because other people are not playing, but it seems like those people are not playing because you're not playing. Quite stupid, right?

By the way, realm ain't even dead ; you get sick PvP during the day on both factions and very easy to PvE on Alliance side at almost anytime. Stop acting like a sheep. If you have a full geared char, then it's YOUR job to make use of it. It's still worth something. You see, if all those people you're talking about were to come back to the realm, there wouldn't be any problem ; why should the Warmane staff work on your problem that you created yourself? Start playing and realm won't appear "dead" to you anymore.

First ... 78910 Last