1. Best Expansion for Warriors.

Hi everyone:

Not sure if there is a thread about this already (I couldn't find one) but I was curious about to your openings as to at what time Warriors were at their peak in both PvE and PvP (doesn't need to be at the same time). I've tried Google but I couldn't really get a coherent response. Most of the time they talked about when you had BiS gear.

So, what is your opinion on the subject?

2. Warriors have been great in every expansion. Personally I'd say WotLK was where Warriors were at their best. PvE wise Fury was the nr1 DPS spec (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...of-DPS-classes) and Prot is a very good tank spec (though IMO Paladins would be the nr1 tank). PvP wise Warriors are really good as well in WotLK with Prot being quite insane in 3v3 and Shadowmourne for Arms.
    In TBC Warriors are the best maintanks around and Warriors buff Battle Shout so you would want at least 1 Fury/Arms Warrior in 25 mans. The problem is that Rogues do better DPS than Warriors in TBC so there's no real benefit to bringing more than 1 DPS Warrior to buff Battle Shout for the Rogues + Enh. In TBC PvP Warriors are also good but Rogues, Warlocks, Druids and Priests are simply better in Arena.

3. nah 3.x is the expansion where prot warriors are garbage (at the very least during 3.3) because of how useless blocks scaling is in icc

4. TBC
    Fury : One of the strongest melee all expansion, though limited raid spots due to a lot of more ranged friendly fights.. Unbeatable on cleave, but heavily dependant on proper group setup probably more than any other class.

Arms : Less dps than Fury and can't really compete with the big dogs in the same way but still equally (or more) desired in raids with strong physical setups for the Blood Frenzy, pretty much requires a Windfury totem to function well in PVE. Incredible in PvP with a healer.

Prot : The main tank through entire expansion, not especially fun to play though due to lack of practical tools/ability outside of boss tanking. Despite Prot being in the strongest position of any expansion in TBC from a raider point of view, it's probably the worst to play other than Vanilla.

WOTLK
    Fury : One of the strongest melee all expansion, highly desired in raids for and less group dependant than in TBC making them a more flexible consistent performer, unbeatable on cleave though with the indroduction of full AOE to other specs it does fall behind with a 4 target limit somewhat.

Arms : Pretty poor in PVE, not worth taking over Fury but a very strong performer in PVP with a healer.

Prot : In retail it was fantastic until the last patch, but on private servers you play a snapshot of the final patch with everyone running around in BIS gear, it's the weakest tank overall in this patch and so not the best. Amazingly fun to play in WOTLK, but tuning and gear scaling/boss design for the final tier caused it to suffer a little on performance.

Best expansion for Warrior is really subjective, some arguments could be made for a lot of expansions. My personal favourite was WOTLK Fury because it's basically all of the strengths of TBC Fury with none of the drawbacks, partly due to having more crit at the start of the expansion than you would have at endgame in TBC, so you don't have that massive gear hurdle to overcome to where the spec really comes alive.

But then you have the Cataclysm or Siege of Orgrimmar Arms designs, WOD Gladiator Warrior at the start was super fun if you liked fast paced gameplay, Legion Fury with the right legendaries in dungeons can turn it into a complete wrecking machine with huge haste + movement speed bonuses running, can be super satisfying.. I mean take your pick.
    Edited: October 14, 2017