1. Character transfer between accounts

i don't see that there's any way to move characters between accounts, except through the "trade" system. for people like myself, who just want to move a character to another personal account (merely because of the mounts and pets on that first account), it's risky and expensive to do so.

i would like to suggest that the ability to trade from account to account be available, as long as BOTH accounts - the giving and the receiving, pay 30 points, or more. by having both accounts pay through the point system, it will be a lengthy process, and will curtail a good portion of abuse that might otherwise occur. another option may be to literally perform a "swap" - if i am moving a level 90 character to one account, i must "swap" it with a level 90 character from the receiving account. again, that would significantly cut down on any abuse.

i've talked to several people who would like to move their characters to another account for various reasons, and i see the same thing on the forums - this might be an option that would keep people from simply selling their characters privately.

if there is some other viable method of transferring characters from one account to another, please let me know. :)

2. +1 this is a good idea. I would use it for sure.

3. I would use it too, but for profitable trading. 30 points is meh. character swap? meh.

4. I would use it too, but for profitable trading. 30 points is meh. character swap? meh.
    it takes me 30 days to make 30 points, so it's not something i could do on a daily basis. so for people like you, maybe up that to 60 points.

character swap - same thing. there are ways to make that more difficult - maybe they have to have a similar ilvl, in which case, there's not a lot of profit to be made.

5. Even 60 is bad.
    You stated "...for people like myself, who just want to move a character to ANOTHER PERSONAL account..."
    No points needed then. Or character swap. Just simple requirement to input your current account name and password and account name and password of the recipient account. That will prevent trading between two players.

6. Even 60 is bad.
    You stated "...for people like myself, who just want to move a character to ANOTHER PERSONAL account..."
    No points needed then. Or character swap. Just simple requirement to input your current account name and password and account name and password of the recipient account. That will prevent trading between two players.
    you're obviously collecting points at light-speed compared to me, then. it would take me 2 months to collect them - i can't see myself profiting much from a single transaction every 2 months.

in regards to your suggestion, i fail to see how entering 2 separate account names will prevent trading between players. unless i'm misunderstanding, with your scenario i would simply sell the second account. please explain.

7. in regards to your suggestion, i fail to see how entering 2 separate account names will prevent trading between players.
    NOT ONLY ACCOUNT NAMES, PASSWORDS TOO !!! You get me?
    Account1 name, Account1 password; (Account1 is the account where you have that one character which you want to send to another.)
    Account2 name, Account2 password; (Account2 is the receiver account, account which will get the sent character.)
    That will require the login information of both accounts and prevent trading between two random players.
    60 would be minimum for me. I play mostly PvP and I hate faction transferring. And of course many people do faction transferring, destroying and unbalancing PvP. In one month I saw my friend in Horde, Before that he was on Alliance, but before Alliance he was formerly Horde. In one month...
    What did the writer want to say? Is, 30 points is easily obtainable. 60 would be good.

8. The points idea is excellent. I'm sure there may be minimal abuse, but most people who'd be looking to do a private sale would not be willing to wait for 30 days for a transaction - they're looking for immediate gratification.

The "swap" idea may eliminate a lot of legitimate transfers.

I have no idea how Mirda's transaction would prevent abuse. You could just sell the second account after transferring - the new owner would change the password.

Anyway, great idea, and I hope they take a look at it.

9. May 26, 2020  
    Please implement this! I am so for this!

10. May 26, 2020  
    NOT ONLY ACCOUNT NAMES, PASSWORDS TOO !!! You get me?
    Account1 name, Account1 password; (Account1 is the account where you have that one character which you want to send to another.)
    Account2 name, Account2 password; (Account2 is the receiver account, account which will get the sent character.)
    That will require the login information of both accounts and prevent trading between two random players.
    60 would be minimum for me. I play mostly PvP and I hate faction transferring. And of course many people do faction transferring, destroying and unbalancing PvP. In one month I saw my friend in Horde, Before that he was on Alliance, but before Alliance he was formerly Horde. In one month...
    What did the writer want to say? Is, 30 points is easily obtainable. 60 would be good.
    As long as a person has their email and a few in-game screenshots proving the account used to be theirs, warmane does account recoveries. Your suggestion is opening room for people to 1) trade characters if they trust one another, 2) attempt to trade characters and result to some players' accounts being temporarily, or permanently, stolen, 3) people getting temporary access to another person's account so they can advertise their "FREE COINZ FROM COINS. RUSSIA. ORG, 4) overall open a nuisance load of work for warmane.

Trading a level 90 for a level 90 will reduce the abuse? Wrong. Trading a level 90 naked DK for a level 90 BIS whatever doesn't sound like it will reduce any abuse, especially considering how easy it can be to level death knights.

I also wanna move characters between accounts because my heirlooms on account A have been rendered useless, but I damn well understand that the implementation is virtually impossible, or if possible, not worth pursuing. That many people are FOR something doesn't mean it's a good idea.

11. May 26, 2020  
    ... this is a thread from 2017.