1. Too late to start?

Hi everyone,

been thinking about starting on the Outland server, but since it has been there for a while, particularly with x7 leveling, I am not sure if I am not too late. What's the situation with guilds still doing heroics/entry level raids?

Also, which faction is bigger atm, horde or alliance? And I would like to play a paldin for holy in raids, is that a viable spec?

2. On the contrary, it's too early.
    TBC is pure garbage until S3 comes with ZA so don't bother playing until then imo. :P

3. If you care about PvP, yeah. Personally, I've PvPed for years and years and I'm sick of it. I'll only touch PvP after S3 comes out, but that doesn't stop me from the main reason why I came to Outland.

...which is PvE. If you want to be among the first to progress early TBC content, then yes, you're late. Kara is coming close to becoming irrelevant, Gruul and Mag are on farm status, many guilds have progressed SSC, some have progressed TK, and a few have even cleared Hyjal. However, we are still on 2.0 content. This means there's still a lot to be released and a lot to be progressed - BT (2.1), ZA (2.3), and SWP (2.4). So overall, you're not very late.

4. I'm not sure how the population is, just giving my feedback from a leveling perspective.

It's easy to find groups, there are many people around when questing. I see a LOT of guilds and players advertising their raid and dungeons. Auctions sell fast.

Holy paladin was always viable in TBC. Go play it.