1. New player questions

Hey, i recently found out vanilla wow was something we could actually play and for free lol. I had started off at elysium but they just shut everything down with no prior notice. I only had just started so oh well.

Anyways hoping to find a new home now and i think i will try wotlk exp, tbc was the only one i played and only for a few months. I downloaded and tried the retail legion and it was just crap to me.
    Questions i have are since i have the client already, do i just need to download the wotlk files and place them in there.
    How is this server? I really like the high pop of icecrown but 7x exp is like cheating, also noticed:
    Shop
    Gear, Levels, Gold, Characters.

I want no part of that. I like to take things kinda slow, enjoy the journey along the way.

Just in general wanted to ask how this server was and your thoughts.
    New player/character pop in zones? I like the team aspect of the game and if its a solo journey on a server then i dont really care for it. Elysium pop was like icecrown and i enjoyed it alot.

Edit: I was also wondering how Druids are in wotlk. Tanking/Dps.
    Edited: October 16, 2017

2. I'm also new and wondering the same things. Maybe I'll see you around if this server turns out to be good.

Edit: Are you EU? Seems most of the population plays in that time zone.
    Edited: October 17, 2017

3. Im Na but i normally play around 9/10pm est - 2/3am est

Im going to go ahead and try this server out. I did hop on the icecrown for just a few minutes. Level 5 before you can even finish the first quest, seems wrong lol.
    With that sort of leveling, i just dont see the need people would have for grouping. I could see tons of quests just being skipped. Seems like it wouldnt be much different then retail, rushing to max level asap. Where i personally want to enjoy the "World" of Warcraft preferably with others.
    Edited: October 17, 2017

4. Nah, I totally agree with you. I'm about to make a character now. Are you ally or horde? I'm thinking I want to try a class I've never played before this time around.

5. Im going to be Horde- Druid
    Mordredx

6. Keep in mind that RDF is disabled, Heirlooms are unobtainable, PvE is buffed (bosses have more hp, more dmg and shorter enrage timer, ONLY RAID BOSSES) and the population is in a decline.

7. I never liked rdf or heirlooms, pop decline is not good tho.

8. Surely there's enough people to form a group at any time? If not I don't mind doing dungeons at peak hours

9. Be prepared to fly and do Gundrak everyday once you hit level 80.

10. Well guys, welcome to the server. First of all, NA population is kind of low, so while you level you might not see many people around. Once EU wakes up, everything will be just fine. The leveling experience is nice, you can always see SOME guys leveling near you, or hell, just ask a bored lvl 80 to help you, but as questing goes, you'll most likely do it alone. Low level dungeons exist, although scarce, but the problem is low lvl guys cry for a lvl 80 to help, not their own level. That might work also...who knows. Oh, and I've seen at least 3 leveling guilds on horde side which emerged in the last 2 weeks...so...just find those guys.
    Now about population...it is lower than it used to be...if the numbers on the website are correct, it's still high enough for players to enjoy it. As I know, atm only ICC is buffed, so the rest of the raids should be doable. And you'll see many complaints about HC daily, like the comment above. It is so because many ppl do it juuust for the fast emblems, if you really want to go other dungeons, you'll find people pretty fast...tried that yesterday...and found different random people for all of them from UK and NExus to Hol/HOS / TOC...so those complaining are just ...well...complaining

sorry for the wall-o-text...and good luck...also you can whisper me in game - Heimmie