1. Honestly, don't take everything so seriously. It's the internet and nothing that is said on here really matters anyway. Reading some of your posts, it seems that this stuff stresses you out, but you shouldn't let it. I've been a GM on other servers before, and I know how people act and the things they say and I know that it's very hard to not get stressed or snap at them, etc. I know a lot of my posts are a bit harsh, but that isn't exactly my intention. I've just learned to be very honest and blunt to not care what others think, because you kinda have to when you're a female who plays WoW, due to how females are treated. If I truly wanted to be negative and rude just for the sake it, then trust me, my posts would be really, really bad because I don't care if I get banned. I'm just very very frustrated with the state of the realm and the fact that nobody even responds to the posts other than you, and well, you don't have the ability to fix it. But I'm trying to be nice and explain my thoughts in a better way since I kinda feel bad...
    Maybe if they actually had a solution for Neltharion's problems they would reply more, however as Mercy mentioned earlier they don't, therefore spreading hate won't help neither Neltharion nor yourself, believe me I do understand how you feel I invested way too much time and dedication into this game myself, but well... not like we can do much about it, just wait... If you have a proper solution then feel free to share, it's not like mods ignore all the posts on the forums, we influence staffs decisions about the server by providing our insights and solutions to the problem, however over-expressing yourself will make your point less impactful.

2. Maybe if they actually had a solution for Neltharion's problems they would reply more, however as Mercy mentioned earlier they don't, therefore spreading hate won't help neither Neltharion nor yourself, believe me I do understand how you feel I invested way too much time and dedication into this game myself, but well... not like we can do much about it, just wait... If you have a proper solution then feel free to share, it's not like mods ignore all the posts on the forums, we influence staffs decisions about the server by providing our insights and solutions to the problem, however over-expressing yourself will make your point less impactful.
    Honestly, the only thing I can think of that could help would be to get all the major things working correctly, dungeons, raids, etc...but that would take a lot of work and time. I'm kinda hoping that maybe after they get all BC content working, they could dedicate a month or 2 to having most of the devs work on Cata. But then it would need promotion after the fixes. And there's still the problem of all the gear on the realm that people got by exploits. Honestly though, I wouldn't even mind if I had to lose all of the gear on my chars if that would fix the problem...as long as I could keep my pets and mounts, I'd be happy. Yeah yeah, I know...what can I say? I'm a girl and I like cute fluffy things. But I would really be so happy if I could finally experience all of the Cata content, farm achievements, etc. I mean the only raid I ever got to do was DS, and the new Cata areas look so interesting with all of the quests and stuff. And it's the only expansion I played where pvp is actually fun, and there's so much pretty gear too.

3. saying how it is to me it would be enough to give me some of my coins spent on neltharion, spent on my characters and helping friends and guild people to stay on sargeras when it still existed, and resetting the server somehow and going back to play only on that ..

4. Honestly, the only thing I can think of that could help would be to get all the major things working correctly, dungeons, raids, etc...but that would take a lot of work and time. I'm kinda hoping that maybe after they get all BC content working, they could dedicate a month or 2 to having most of the devs work on Cata. But then it would need promotion after the fixes. And there's still the problem of all the gear on the realm that people got by exploits. Honestly though, I wouldn't even mind if I had to lose all of the gear on my chars if that would fix the problem...as long as I could keep my pets and mounts, I'd be happy. Yeah yeah, I know...what can I say? I'm a girl and I like cute fluffy things. But I would really be so happy if I could finally experience all of the Cata content, farm achievements, etc. I mean the only raid I ever got to do was DS, and the new Cata areas look so interesting with all of the quests and stuff. And it's the only expansion I played where pvp is actually fun, and there's so much pretty gear too.
    This is the part that bothers me so much. I can easily let go of the coins, mounts and even the gear i donated for. But what i cannot let go of is the "time'! I am somewhat new to wow as I only got into the game a few years ago and joined this server in the cata realm that was pre-moltdown "frostwolf" Its the only expansion i have ever played..and molten/warmane was the only server i have played on.

I dont care if they erase any of it...but dont erase the achievements! Most of mine are grinding crap that are not even PVE stuff that bump people up...but rather mundane stuff because that was all there was to do even for the last 1.5 years. Id rather keep what little i earned on my character and see the realm die and be gone than have it reset/replaced and start all over. I'd move other to another game before i even thought about spending that much time and effort on a (what appears to be) questionable server in regards to upkeep of expansions they present.

5. The "start of the end" you speak of was long before that decision was made. In fact, you have the cause and effect reversed in this particular line.
    Could be, you know more about it than i do but what i know for a fact is that when the serv opened it was thriving. But then someone had this idea of opening the MoP serv when Cata still needed A LOT of work. And sure thing people migrated from the Cata serv to the MoP one cause the idea of "they will focus on MoP" spread like wildfire.

I mean you opened another totally new exp server that would need a ton of work before you even released the final raids of Cata. This was just the nail in the coffin for me so i just bailed from the serv and went to MoP with the guild.

6. This is the part that bothers me so much. I can easily let go of the coins, mounts and even the gear i donated for. But what i cannot let go of is the "time'! I am somewhat new to wow as I only got into the game a few years ago and joined this server in the cata realm that was pre-moltdown "frostwolf" Its the only expansion i have ever played..and molten/warmane was the only server i have played on.

I dont care if they erase any of it...but dont erase the achievements! Most of mine are grinding crap that are not even PVE stuff that bump people up...but rather mundane stuff because that was all there was to do even for the last 1.5 years. Id rather keep what little i earned on my character and see the realm die and be gone than have it reset/replaced and start all over. I'd move other to another game before i even thought about spending that much time and effort on a (what appears to be) questionable server in regards to upkeep of expansions they present.
    I wouldn't mind the achievement part since I love doing achievements and being able to do them again would give me something more to do. But I have like 155 pets and close to 110 mounts that I'd be pretty heartbroken about since a huge chunk of them you can't get in game, a lot were in the vote shop and no longer available.

7. As an achievement whore myself i completely agree with you, losing achievements (especially that god damn salty tittle) and mounts(stonecore, tol'barad and OS25 dragons) would be quite sad, although with achievement ranking competing there from 0 would be pretty sweet too(maybe even open pet and mount ranking, listing players with most pets and mounts combined?, hey that's an idea!). Well if warmane ever decides to relaunch the server this is going to be something to consider(the keeping mounts part), maybe make a pool or smth...

8. In my opinion, the best chance for the Cataclysm community to get back on it's feet would be a complete realm reset and core overhaul to rerelease it as a hardcore pre-nerf(the state of early cata 4.0 infamous for it's hard and rewarding dungeons and its challenging and rich end-game) but on the 4.3.4 patch and release new raid tiers once every 1-1.5 years while also doing a bit of good advertisement like you did for Lordareon, and yes early cata is actually famous for its difficulty across the WoW community and is bound to bring people in, don't forget that atlantiss has been on Firelands content for way too long and noone is looking forward to Dragon Soul there, since alot of people are just Neltharion's pve migrants that play there for the past year or so. At least from the PVE scene which i'm most familiar with everyone seems to unanimously agree that the best period during cata was early 4.0 progression and while i'm not extremely knowledgable with the thoughts of pvpers on the matter i believe that a good chunk of them would be interested in the changes the different tiers bring like for example the lack of the pve weapons and trinkets that seem to dominate right now which would be replaced by select few decent pve trinkets that saw play in 4.0.6 but that didn't make such colossal impact to the scene. Also the resetting of the realm would bring back alot of people that dropped cataclysm during the late 2015-mid 2016 era where for people that just started out in the pvp scene they would be faced with endless stream of premades a generally not fun experience for people lacking the gear to even stand a chance and a time where to get in 2s full ruthless would be mandatory unless you had a friend to carry you and still you would more often than not que versus people in bis pvp/pve combos or carry teams.

Also to alot of people that have very negative emotions towards the idea of losing all the time they've sank into the realm, i understand you. I have reached a point where i own a total of 20 accounts(40% from friends that quit cata) and around 50 400+ ilvl toons while also having alot of now unobtainable things on my mains, but what all these years of continuous decline in population and interest has taught me is that, just like with the message of the ancient book Odyssey, it's not about the destination, it is all about the journey. In all the years i've spent in this community in this expansion the good and the bad i've made many priceless memories that are of much greater worth than any piece of virtual goodies i've ever got my hands on(rogue with norm and hc blf woo hoo) and at the end of the day those are the ones that will stay with me. While it is nice logging in on my bis toons on their extremely rare t11hc transmogs and always have people checking them out whispering me nice things etc, or just taking a walk to the usual spots me and my older guilds used to hang out, or even having the luck to run into anyone from back in the day and instantly recognize each other, all of that will soon amount to nothing if we aren't willing to sacrifice them now that they still hold some value so we create hope once more for the server we all love so much.

Also on the note of toxicity for anyone not playing currently on Neltharion, it's not like that in-game, at least here in the alliance side i feel like we are in the least toxic period neltharion has ever been into. Of course there will always be bad apples, and due to how humans work we tend to give alot more attention to them, but when it comes to groups and not just individuals in the larger community, groups as in guilds for example, things are very different from any other warmane realm i've played in. The top heroic raiding guilds accept anyone, and give new people chances, there are quite few people that actually make normal mode dragon souls with no achievement requirements or bull**** ilvl requirements, even tho i am in the high ranks of a top raiding guild and i can always just raid in guild and clear raids in an hour and be done with it, i rather prefer to actually get a bunch of new and old people on global and tryhard the content even if it means raiding for 5 hours straight because i know that out of these we'll get a couple of new raiders every week, and this attitude of the pve community in general has payed off and recently we've started having succesful dragon soul 25man heroics again during weekends.

There are alot of nice and passionate people on Neltharion, people that you generally won't find on forums, if you like Cataclysm as an expansion come pay us a visit, i'm always open to helping new people out as long as it goes along the lines of the old saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." and if you're interested in pve feel free to pm me in-game @Chaosocial or /who Chaos to find me on my alts. And if you're more of a pvp guy it looks like this guy Horribul is doing what i'm doing in the pvp scene so hit him up.

For those of you that are part of the Neltharion community and feel ill of it keep in mind that we're the most engaged of all communities on Warmane and that's a fact, i was able to put together a dragon soul raid at 05:00am st which is when the population is at its lowest literally /who shown 35 people online on alliance and yet the engagement with the content is just so high that 1 in 3 randoms would be willing to actually go and raid on the spot. We might be the underdog realm but that's what makes us stronger, and at times like these instead of being toxic and fighting against each other with constant drama and guild breaks we seem (at least from my experience in-game) to have come together united and many of those infamous "toxic" people have left(Speaking for myself however i have personally contributed to the toxicity 2 years ago by making one of the most toxic raiding guilds <Abortion> which made alot of good people quit and for that i sincerely apologize).

Finally, it would be nice if an application form was created for volunteer community manager or game master work for neltharion specificly, it would make it easier to compile high priority issues that require immidiate attention by developers, it would help reinforce guidelines effectively in-game if game masters on neltharion are also people who actively play there and can get attention of issues on the spot, and it would also create a viewpoint from the in-game community's perspective of warmane actually starting taking care of it's cataclysm realm. Also many of us have good ideas to increase content engagement like lowering elite weapon's arena rating requirements to actually achievable numbers and including 2s rating to make ladders a bit more active again for the pvp side and in the pve side making heroic valor point items available outside of marketplace-only items by adding very low drop-rate tokens in Dragon Soul Heroic loot tables and adding a vendor to upgrade normal version valor point items with a token to heroic versions of the same items(like blizzard originally intended to do but scraped the idea) which would give incentive to people that are fully bis to raid on these toons again. Also another good idea on the cosmetic side is introducing the transmog scroll system to Cataclysm in the form of weapon transmog scrolls with less restrictions than the in-game transmog system that would allow for one-hand axe to one-hand sword transmogs and also legendary transmog scrolls with low drop-chance from the most challenging content to give a bit more engagement from the kinds of people that have gotten pretty much everything else when it comes to gear and only care about their looks at this point.

So that's all i had to say, if you've read this throu, i love you. I would love to hear some thoughts from both the community but also from the staff itself, there are still options left for Neltharion and we'd be fools to not take advantage of them.

9. Your Intentions are good. Your ideas are solid provided but to a server that doesn't contribute any money, there is not a chance of being upgraded to something better. That's how it's business. Unfortunately they need profits to maintain the servers. When one server is not profitable , they move on to another aka TBC.
    I would say play sth else and if something happens in the future, return back and enjoy the server again or stay on Neltharion, create a solid team and enjoy the game. :)
    Edited: October 22, 2017

10. Your ideas are solid provided but to a server that doesn't contribute any money, there is not a chance of being upgraded to something better. That's how it's business.
    Back when cata wasn't 400 player realm it actually provided quite a lot of income, as pve gear was and still is very useful for pvp players

11. The information is incorrect!... Peoples still donate for a few item what would take maybe months to collect... It's not because anybody is not patience... Most of the time it's going for keeping up the server... They want to keep it up and waiting for a little bit maintain... The HOPE IS STILL NOT LOST IN THIS SERVER!!!...

Everybody knows that radical changes from the Staff / Developers side would flip the coin "from the head side to the written side... I mean from the negative side to the positive side... From a dead side to the full of life side"!... Then they would make again really nice money... (Aspect from a Business side)...

You know NEVER HAPPY PEOPLES, NEVER GET FORWARD!... You can give him whatever he/she whant it won't change anything... If you think about it.. You have to teach them how to be thankful for what they have... You can take a look at other private servers... just go for it... Most of them has different bugs, the community there also complaining a lot... Everything matters on the community now!... As u can see most of the toxic people changed an aspect of the community, server / went to different server where they can troll all day...

You can go to Retail also, if you want to see "quality content" which contains 3-5 button characters IN PVE!... Legion is more repetative then Cata... It's more boring... They force you to farm Artifact Power, Do every second day the SAME World Quests, Do the SAME DUNGEONS, by changing a little bit on the difficulty in mythic+... Actually for WHAT!?... --> To keep up your existence in a VIDEO GAME!?... It's a big bull$hit...

I would like to donate 10 euro monthly to keep up a PRIVATE SERVER, where i play and make sure it's developed rather than play on a not enjoyable, well developed CASUAL, Repetative server, where you can earn everything under 1 month!...
    So as i said before, everything is in the Staffs hand now! They choose now what they want... Few months intensive bug fixing, little bit advertisement and the Server shine again and the Community is happyer than ever!... :) or Abandon it forever...?
    Edited: October 22, 2017

12. Well it's up to them to decide, we give ideas, they either use em or abandon them.

Also nice post xiarhos7 ingame community really became more connected than ever. I do agree with the most of what you've posted, maybe the last bit about transmog and valor point item heroic versions. Transmog is quite annoying for me(as a part-time pvper) as seeing a rogue with axes makes me think he has no'kaleds and i immediately think of a tactic how to stop his burst, but to be surprised that he has daggers or something else instead would be quite annoying, in short that would be an annoying change unless it could be toggled off... The vp trinkets heroic version's are way too strong to be released to the public and current ones should be removed and have their cost refunded
    Tho i wouldn't care if all of that was implemented and would still play the game, as long as it would help the server(tho there are far more important things server needs than these balance changes)
    Edited: October 23, 2017

13. In my opinion, the best chance for the Cataclysm community to get back on it's feet would be a complete realm reset and core overhaul to rerelease it as a hardcore pre-nerf(the state of early cata 4.0 infamous for it's hard and rewarding dungeons and its challenging and rich end-game) but on the 4.3.4 patch and release new raid tiers once every 1-1.5 years while also doing a bit of good advertisement like you did for Lordareon, and yes early cata is actually famous for its difficulty across the WoW community and is bound to bring people in, don't forget that atlantiss has been on Firelands content for way too long and noone is looking forward to Dragon Soul there, since alot of people are just Neltharion's pve migrants that play there for the past year or so. At least from the PVE scene which i'm most familiar with everyone seems to unanimously agree that the best period during cata was early 4.0 progression and while i'm not extremely knowledgable with the thoughts of pvpers on the matter i believe that a good chunk of them would be interested in the changes the different tiers bring like for example the lack of the pve weapons and trinkets that seem to dominate right now which would be replaced by select few decent pve trinkets that saw play in 4.0.6 but that didn't make such colossal impact to the scene. Also the resetting of the realm would bring back alot of people that dropped cataclysm during the late 2015-mid 2016 era where for people that just started out in the pvp scene they would be faced with endless stream of premades a generally not fun experience for people lacking the gear to even stand a chance and a time where to get in 2s full ruthless would be mandatory unless you had a friend to carry you and still you would more often than not que versus people in bis pvp/pve combos or carry teams.

Also to alot of people that have very negative emotions towards the idea of losing all the time they've sank into the realm, i understand you. I have reached a point where i own a total of 20 accounts(40% from friends that quit cata) and around 50 400+ ilvl toons while also having alot of now unobtainable things on my mains, but what all these years of continuous decline in population and interest has taught me is that, just like with the message of the ancient book Odyssey, it's not about the destination, it is all about the journey. In all the years i've spent in this community in this expansion the good and the bad i've made many priceless memories that are of much greater worth than any piece of virtual goodies i've ever got my hands on(rogue with norm and hc blf woo hoo) and at the end of the day those are the ones that will stay with me. While it is nice logging in on my bis toons on their extremely rare t11hc transmogs and always have people checking them out whispering me nice things etc, or just taking a walk to the usual spots me and my older guilds used to hang out, or even having the luck to run into anyone from back in the day and instantly recognize each other, all of that will soon amount to nothing if we aren't willing to sacrifice them now that they still hold some value so we create hope once more for the server we all love so much.

Also on the note of toxicity for anyone not playing currently on Neltharion, it's not like that in-game, at least here in the alliance side i feel like we are in the least toxic period neltharion has ever been into. Of course there will always be bad apples, and due to how humans work we tend to give alot more attention to them, but when it comes to groups and not just individuals in the larger community, groups as in guilds for example, things are very different from any other warmane realm i've played in. The top heroic raiding guilds accept anyone, and give new people chances, there are quite few people that actually make normal mode dragon souls with no achievement requirements or bull**** ilvl requirements, even tho i am in the high ranks of a top raiding guild and i can always just raid in guild and clear raids in an hour and be done with it, i rather prefer to actually get a bunch of new and old people on global and tryhard the content even if it means raiding for 5 hours straight because i know that out of these we'll get a couple of new raiders every week, and this attitude of the pve community in general has payed off and recently we've started having succesful dragon soul 25man heroics again during weekends.

There are alot of nice and passionate people on Neltharion, people that you generally won't find on forums, if you like Cataclysm as an expansion come pay us a visit, i'm always open to helping new people out as long as it goes along the lines of the old saying "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." and if you're interested in pve feel free to pm me in-game @Chaosocial or /who Chaos to find me on my alts. And if you're more of a pvp guy it looks like this guy Horribul is doing what i'm doing in the pvp scene so hit him up.

For those of you that are part of the Neltharion community and feel ill of it keep in mind that we're the most engaged of all communities on Warmane and that's a fact, i was able to put together a dragon soul raid at 05:00am st which is when the population is at its lowest literally /who shown 35 people online on alliance and yet the engagement with the content is just so high that 1 in 3 randoms would be willing to actually go and raid on the spot. We might be the underdog realm but that's what makes us stronger, and at times like these instead of being toxic and fighting against each other with constant drama and guild breaks we seem (at least from my experience in-game) to have come together united and many of those infamous "toxic" people have left(Speaking for myself however i have personally contributed to the toxicity 2 years ago by making one of the most toxic raiding guilds <Abortion> which made alot of good people quit and for that i sincerely apologize).

Finally, it would be nice if an application form was created for volunteer community manager or game master work for neltharion specificly, it would make it easier to compile high priority issues that require immidiate attention by developers, it would help reinforce guidelines effectively in-game if game masters on neltharion are also people who actively play there and can get attention of issues on the spot, and it would also create a viewpoint from the in-game community's perspective of warmane actually starting taking care of it's cataclysm realm. Also many of us have good ideas to increase content engagement like lowering elite weapon's arena rating requirements to actually achievable numbers and including 2s rating to make ladders a bit more active again for the pvp side and in the pve side making heroic valor point items available outside of marketplace-only items by adding very low drop-rate tokens in Dragon Soul Heroic loot tables and adding a vendor to upgrade normal version valor point items with a token to heroic versions of the same items(like blizzard originally intended to do but scraped the idea) which would give incentive to people that are fully bis to raid on these toons again. Also another good idea on the cosmetic side is introducing the transmog scroll system to Cataclysm in the form of weapon transmog scrolls with less restrictions than the in-game transmog system that would allow for one-hand axe to one-hand sword transmogs and also legendary transmog scrolls with low drop-chance from the most challenging content to give a bit more engagement from the kinds of people that have gotten pretty much everything else when it comes to gear and only care about their looks at this point.

So that's all i had to say, if you've read this throu, i love you. I would love to hear some thoughts from both the community but also from the staff itself, there are still options left for Neltharion and we'd be fools to not take advantage of them.
    this wall of text , aint no body got time for that

14. this wall of text , aint no body got time for that
    Bla bla bla, reset realm.

15. Also nice post xiarhos7 ingame community really became more connected than ever.
    Thanks, and yeah this is generally the result of the years of Neltharion's stagnation that has left us with mainly the most involved and dedicated parts of this community still playing regularly.

Transmog is quite annoying for me(as a part-time pvper) as seeing a rogue with axes makes me think he has no'kaleds and i immediately think of a tactic how to stop his burst, but to be surprised that he has daggers or something else instead would be quite annoying, in short that would be an annoying change unless it could be toggled off...
    This is a popular point i hear against transmoging in general, for example anyone who pvped in retail cata and saw this feature introduced mid-expansion had a similar experience, what happened was that at first people actually used the system to make their pvp gear look like generic un-transmoged pve gear to trick opposite teams into focusing them. Essentially bringing a new dimension in pvping initially. As time went on however especially in examples like the state of Neltharion pvp currently, you just assume everyone's running either full cata or mixed cata and pve so the whole aspect of tricking anyone isn't really a thing.
    Also another thing to note is that the ability to transmog swords to axes etc was introduced on mop and the general reception of that by the pvp community has been generally favorable since it adds into the complexity of figuring out the kinds of builds their opponents are running since they're not being given away from their weapon types straight away(in the case of dagger sub and nokaled sub you could only tell what you were going up against by the rogue's positioning and choice of abilities and if he gets nokaleds procs on you which is still fairly easy to notice) And while i would also agree that being able to toggle that part of transmoging on and off from the website like they allow for other realms would be generally a good idea since still such lack of restrictions in the transmogrification feature wasn't part of 4.3.4 Cataclysm originally so it would make it less blizz-like for those into hardcore arenas or rated bgs.

The vp trinkets heroic version's are way too strong to be released to the public and current ones should be removed and have their cost refunded(same with DELID THIS but that's a different story)
    This is the main point which i disagree with since the heroic versions of vp trinkets are worthless in pvp. I'm pretty sure you're mixing them up with things like Bone-link Fetish, Cunning of the Cruel, Vial of Shadows and Windward Heart with which the main issue seems to be that people can just pick them up for 40 coins and get an edge in pvp since for those of us who have gotten these trinkets legitimately it took us years due to the extremely low-drop rates(estimated to be significantly lower than retail's) and those trinkets in my opinion should at least have some requirements put on them or make it like in Warsong where only weaker versions of these were available with conquest points while also requiring a certain rating and total conquest points earned this season and just have everyone who has donated for those trinkets have their trinkets removed and coins refunded. As for the heroic versions of valor point trinkets those are literally trinkets that work the same as Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badges they only give like 100 extra Strength/Agility/Intellect but they also have smaller durations (15 sec instead of Cata's 20) and instead of resillience they have mediocre (Crit or Haste) stats and seeing as these trinkets are in fact available for 28 coins in the marketplace yet noone has ever used them in pvp should say enough for what utilization these items would see in pvp enviroments.

Also as a final note i'd like to add, please edit out the name of that trinket in your post. I'd be better if we didn't popularize exploitable items publicly on forums, instead make a bugtracker, or maybe i will if i have any acc with the points for it.

First 1234 Last