1. This is a terrible idea to squish yearly. All the casual players that don't farm gold are getting hit by it hard, we already got hit hard by it last time. Because there is always set prices with the game items not just AH (Cold Weather, training, professions, mounts). All the rich players just buy up items and resell after the gold squish. How does this help the non gold farmers?

2. Like wow, this is the dumbest idea you could possibly have. Guess this servers gonna die soon

3. so it begins, eh?
    a man against the machine...

my only concern is repair gold - having a lot of platers can be very expensive

4. The only thing i can see is that they want more donors.Why not ban bot farmer than doing this ridiculous thing again.Its hard for beginners and nothing matters much for farmed people.

5. i know you were just trying to be smart and funny.
    I am smart, funny and I'd also add good looking. On the other hand you're pretty ******ed yourself.

No matter how petty is sounds this is theft plain and simple.
    It's not.

if a customer walks into a cafe and orders and pays for a meal then the waiter comes back out and takes half the meal back with no refund then its stealing. just because its a video game doesn't make it any less illegal.
    Yes it does. You are comparing virtual gold on a private server with a meal. Are you 18 or just ******ed, seriously? Think about it.

Warmane is stealing legally purchased products and I doubt there is any real legal basis for them to do it.
    Stop using term legal. You are quite uneducated to use it properly.

You have donated for your coins, likewise while donating, you agreed to terms and conditions while donating. Read those.

6. I usually skip threads with 10+ pages as i can't be bothered to read all the pages, i read only staff posts in threads like this. First of all, why is there 12 pages of qqing and crying and what not? We going through that "50% of all gold means all gold" again thingy? Nothing changes... EVERYONE WILL HAVE 50% LESS. Full stop.

Second thing is why are we even discussing about "gold sellers"? Who would rather go to 3rd party shady business ****e and give them their CC information and/or what not else to buy in-game currency? Now what i wanted to say is that "gold sellers" as gold sellers are not the guilty ones, i mean they can't be blamed, sheep on the other hand can be blamed. Sheep as in a players who are mentally impaired and WANT (by their own free will) to buy the gold from someone else instead Warmane itself :/

So the reason behind going to 3rd party ****es to buy gold is what goes beyond my imagination... i can't understand it in any possible way.

7. everything changes because trainer, riding and repairs arent suddently 50% cheaper asw tho

8. Say whatever you want, to me this is plain daylight robbery. To those kitty fans, if you agree to this why bother posting when clearly we are directing the disagreement to Warmane's staffs, stop being a busybody. If this does not conern you, please don't hinder others that are voicing their displeasure.

Agree this is a private server, integrity and fairness don't exist in here. From a larger perspective, we are just a bunch of thugs and thieves, right?

9. I just want to love how people talk about stop playing. No matter what warmane do they always have players. Just accept that there is reason behind all they do. Even if it seems like madness to you.

I for one will not stop playing as the game is a good time pass thing.

10. Hurting everyone on the server by cutting their gold in half might be effective, but at what cost?
    A healthy economy is vital to a server thriving, but what's the point if people are turned off with a 50% tax.
    Lets face it, It IS a 50% Tax.
    You're raping us more than our own government.

Why not implement a tax based rate dependant on how much gold you have.
    • Those with under 3,000g don't get taxed. Anything over 3,000g is a 10% tax.
    • Those with over 7,000g is a 20% tax.
    • Those with over 12,000g is a 30% tax.
    • Those with over 20,000g is a 40% tax.
    And finally
    • Those with over 30,000g is a 50% tax.

Make it hurt for the gold farmers, and not the little guys.

Who in their right mind is going to make 500+ accounts just to place 2999g in each, to avoid the tax. And IF they did, you would be able to find out who registered THAT MANY ACCOUNTS.

11. Hurting everyone on the server by cutting their gold in half might be effective, but at what cost?
    A healthy economy is vital to a server thriving, but what's the point if people are turned off with a 50% tax.
    Lets face it, It IS a 50% Tax.
    You're raping us more than our own government.

Why not implement a tax based rate dependant on how much gold you have.
    • Those with under 3,000g don't get taxed. Anything over 3,000g is a 10% tax.
    • Those with over 7,000g is a 20% tax.
    • Those with over 12,000g is a 30% tax.
    • Those with over 20,000g is a 40% tax.
    And finally
    • Those with over 30,000g is a 50% tax.

Make it hurt for the gold farmers, and not the little guys.

Who in their right mind is going to make 500+ accounts just to place 2999g in each, to avoid the tax. And IF they did, you would be able to find out who registered THAT MANY ACCOUNTS.
    that wont work its like irl the small guys get hit with taxes while the bix corps just evade
    can just create 35234234 toons and put 2,999g on each of them

12. that wont work its like irl the small guys get hit with taxes while the bix corps just evade
    can just create 35234234 toons and put 2,999g on each of them
    You really think that would be difficult to track?

13. I will offer some data on the Frostwolf server and the effects of the last squish with respect to current expected results.
    After the last squish, I went from 10M to 5M in my gold reserves. I did not care, nor do I now. I have no stakes in this.

- it took me 3 months to ramp up back to 10M, which shows that there was still some reserve of gold in the player base
    - trade goods prices were reduced by approximately 30-40% after the squish and they are stable over the year
    - trade goods price reductin was not the full 50%, hence, the goods become more pricey for everyone holding gold
    - endgame crafted items went from around 120k gold to 30-40k, which is in my opinion reasonable and stable state now
    - the population is somewhat smaller now, which may explain the fact that inflation was not ramping up over the year
    - the gold players get from quests is reduced now, and it is more than the 30-40%, hence, it takes more effort to buy goods

As a result, I see some reasons to do the squish (it should help beginning players buy goods after they start playing), but from the perspective of challenge, it seems to me that 30-40k for an endgame gear is reasonable and even the beginning players do not particularly suffer.

But hey, I am a person who just loves to see the world burn.
    Bring it on!

First ... 91011121321 ... Last