1. I agree, it's frustrating to build gold via questing and AH sales just to have it stipped away. I won't be donating ever again until this stops and the site store for points is improved. Bring back mounts and low lvl items ect.

2. I just wanted to join warmane, but after reading this post I'm not sure if I will. You are punishing everyone on the server because You can't ban goldsellers.
    What can I do with lower prices on AH if You taking the half of my hard farmed gold? :)

3. "Sorry guys, but I don't allow you to touch my account. Unless you're giving me something of course."
    Oh well, at least I tried...

4. 50% in one giant blow is quite a knock back.
    Do the Warmane staff have any thoughts on spreading the 50% 1 year event, into smaller monthly events at 4-5% a month?
    As not to rip away peoples assets in one giant noticeable blow.

It might reduce the notability and make the event difficult to avoid because it happens more often.
    Might even help towards people converting their gold into auction house assets such as Bags + Armour.

5. AH will broke. Everyone will buy items before the cut and sell them after it.
    This leads to another fix: after taking half of the gold you can take half of our items from bank. :)

6. On the other hand you DO want punish those filthy rich people and all the poor/middle class players and customers that got their gold through legal means.And they're the majority of your players.
    Agreed. Punish those "filthy rich people " Third-Party. How about "Honest hard-work rich people" (like myself) ? They get drag into same sink hole too?

7. so much for "Blizzlike" private server.
    Blizzard is great because they listen to their players, just saying in case you don't know.
    I'm so not happy about this squish. Just when I was trying to recover from that 2014 catastrophe and 2016 squish, then this again.
    Just stop pushing your valuable players away.

But business is business right?
    I get it.

8. Halion is bugged Lich King is bugged and Warmane only cares about our pockets ? No point to play in a private server where end game content is bugged. So you can make a % 100 gold squish if you want to.

9. On the other hand you DO want punish those filthy rich people and all the poor/middle class players and customers that got their gold through legal means.And they're the majority of your players.
    Agreed. Punish those "filthy rich people " Third-Party. How about "Honest hard-work rich people" (like myself) ? They get drag into same sink hole too?
    Whatever these dude said .......

10. Hello team.

I've suffered a -50% last year and I took it. I was like "Okay, fair enough. It makes sense that you're combating inflation/bots/etc...."
    I didn't get rid of my gold and just took the -50%, reassuring myself that it's going to happen to everyone. No biggie okay.

I'm not that active at the moment but might be who knows when in the future so my HARDLY EARNED gold which I farmed A LOT for back in the days is on standby. You're going to -50% me again on top of the already -50% that I got which means you're going to reduce my gold by -75% overall. Will you keep doing this until I have none left? What if I don't want to spend or use it and am just saving it until I'm going to become more active later on? This feels way too forced. It's like you're forcing us to use up or get rid of all our gold. It's like punishing the MAJORITY of the population for the few(in comparison) players who deserve to have their gold cut or punished.

There must be another way. I don't feel that this is the right decision. It's not nice to come back after a year or two only to see that my 100k got reduced to 25k because of this -50% trend. Don't you know who the richest players on the servers are? If so, can't you monitor and check out what these people are doing or how they are obtaining gold?

I'm not sure if your decision is set in stone but I feel that this should've been discussed and voted for among the community first if anything. I say no, whether it matters or not.

11. A lot of people seem to get one thing wrong. We DO NOT SELL gold. We do not create gold out of thin air. We only allow people to sell gold to EACH OTHER.

When you bought gold, you just bought it from another player.

The reason why we're doing this is because we've had great results before. Just because it's something people don't like, it doesn't mean it's not good for the realms.
    "We do not create gold out of thin air" > so don't take it away from the air .

"The reason why we're doing this is because we've had great results before. Just because it's something people don't like, it doesn't mean it's not good for the realms." LOL WTF you are talking . what was great result > increase in donation rate ? and 2nd part is just meaningless realms are meant for people , but people are not meant for realms. You are just throwing your decision on us. make a pole and lets see how many ppl agree . got guts ? :)

12. Guys guys.... why are you mad over this it is just some imaginary currency that you buy imaginary items with. Wow look a number near my yellow coin is reduced by 50% im going in berserk mode.No point in the rage just enjoy the game as it is.Have fun pet some kittens arrr :3

13. What I don't get is how any of you people whining here think you know better than the staff? They have more information at hand than any of you players and thus better at making a decision. Obviously they know something the rest of you don't know. But just have some faith in them... But to everyone who whines that their hard earned gold is going to get lost. What does it matter? It is just a number, you will still hold the same exact % of servers economy after the squish. It's just a number.

14. we are like farming & saving gold so hard

and warmane be like taking our saving away

15. Guys guys.... why are you mad over this it is just some imaginary currency that you buy imaginary items with. Wow look a number near my yellow coin is reduced by 50% im going in berserk mode.No point in the rage just enjoy the game as it is.Have fun pet some kittens arrr :3
    Imaginary or not - the majority of the players worked hard to make that gold. It's not as easy as before to farm gold. The only ones who could possibly agree with this 2nd -50% are the poor players who it won't affect at all.

What I don't get is how any of you people whining here think you know better than the staff? They have more information at hand than any of you players and thus better at making a decision. Obviously they know something the rest of you don't know. But just have some faith in them... But to everyone who whines that their hard earned gold is going to get lost. What does it matter? It is just a number, you will still hold the same exact % of servers economy after the squish. It's just a number.
    Think of it this way. The majority of the players will get punished just because a handful are cheating. The handful could be 100, 200 or even 1000 players but that's still small compared to the overall population that work hard for the gold. Suppose I made 100k in 2016. In 2017 a -50% happened and now I have 50k. Now 2018 will come and I'll have 25k after a 2nd -50%. Then what? 2019 I'll have 12.5k. This greatly puts off both active players and casual/returning players who have gold. Take me for example, I farmed gold back in the days and now I'm not so active. I already took 1 -50% hit and now I'm going to get another. By the time I want to start playing again, I'll be left with barely any because of this. This isn't fair.

Also, let's think of it from a cheaters perspective. This system will not "PREVENT" cheaters from keeping at it. They will take the -50% and just keep going at it. The normal players will get hit harder than the cheaters since they will just make it back with their bots or whatever they do and use. This system will affect the normal players more so than the cheaters. We already had a -50% and I think the issue should be tacked by other ways instead of something that will affect everyone again.

First ... 3111213141523 ... Last