1. GREAT NEWS EVERYONE...one question @staff let's say a X player like me donated for gold real **** money via website...like 200 euro for gold...it is normal to cut 50% if i donated for that gold?.... it's stupid really thing about it.

2. Well if the warmane stuff really dont care about 90% of our opinions we cant do anything against it. But i will promise u 100% i wont donate a single coin again and instead i just buy gold from those botters cba.

3. That's right.

Doing another -50% won't stop or prevent the cheaters from continuing to cheat. They will just keep botting/cheating and get the -50% that was lost again quickly. They will just recover from it and keep going. Who does this mostly affect then? Us, the normal players that farm it legit.

Am I missing something here?

Can someone please explain to me how a 2nd -50% will prevent or STOP cheaters from using their bots or whatever? It's just a gold cut and it's not going to stop them. If cheaters lose millions of gold, they will make all that money back by simply continuing what they do. There has to be another way to catch these cheaters.

This will affect the normal(legal) players more so than the few cheaters in comparison.

4. Just like last year, this will only be in detriment of those who worked hard to get their gold, and will not really harm farmers, who always store much more gold than what they can possibly sell.

5. That's right.

Doing another -50% won't stop or prevent the cheaters from continuing to cheat. They will just keep botting/cheating and get the -50% that was lost again quickly. They will just recover from it and keep going. Who does this mostly affect then? Us, the normal players that farm it legit.

Can someone please explain to me how a 2nd -50% will prevent or STOP cheaters from using their bots or whatever? It's just a gold cut and it's not going to stop them. If cheaters lose millions of gold, they will make all that money back by simply continuing what they do. There has to be another way to catch these cheaters.

This will affect the normal(legal) players more so than the few cheaters in comparison.
    Exactly. Gold squish isn't going to change a thing. Hiring additional staff and catching cheaters will. Gold squish is just punishing regular players for no reason. I have like 80+ bot reports myself. I stopped reporting because it became a full time job gathering evidence it extremely time consuming. But if Warmane announced a reward system awarding players for each "successful" bot/cheater report. Maybe you wouldn't need additional staff to catch them. If you give players 3-5 coins per report instead of AFKing in Stormwind/Orgrimmar players would be flying around catching and recording bots and making coins by doing that.

6. This is the first time I have read 16 pages of replies to an announcement thread, that were 85-95% negative about the change.
    You read the whole 16 pages?
    I bet my replies were the funniest.

7. That's right.

Dear kid,

please, read the thread before you comment.
    It was already stated many times that this measure (gold squish) is NOT designed to stop cheaters.
    Please, please, please, read first and rage later.

Your friend.

8. That's right.

They have never said that this gold squish is to stop botters and cheaters. If you read Proterean's first post again you can see that first he say there will be a gold squish to improve the health of the economy and later on he mention the AI bot to stop botters and gold sellers. I think you among with a majority of the people here got it all wrong. Read again and you'll see

9. They have never said that this gold squish is to stop botters and cheaters. If you read Proterean's first post again you can see that first he say there will be a gold squish to improve the health of the economy and later on he mention the AI bot to stop botters and gold sellers. I think you among with a majority of the people here got it all wrong. Read again and you'll see
    Then what's the purpose of this second -50% gold squish? How exactly will it improve the economy? Is the economy bad right now that it requires another gold squish? It doesn't address dealing with cheaters I know but as long as they continue to roam free, the damage to the health of the economy is all because of them. That's why I'm saying that the -50% is not necessary...and what is necessary is to just stop the cheating/botting.

Just tell me how this squish is going to help the server instead of damage it especially with mostly everyone in here saying "No" to it.

10. Dude do you realize you cant even touch that gold coin in game. Take a piece of paper and write something and you can actually touch that thing you know the paper? But the gold you only see as a visual you are like woow look how much gold coins i have and you look in your pockets in real life and say woow what will eat today ? NOTHING!! :D
    If you don't care about the gold in game then why is it bothering you if other people do. Just mind your own business. Smh.

11. Then what's the purpose of this second -50% gold squish? How exactly will it improve the economy? Is the economy bad right now that it requires another gold squish? It doesn't address dealing with cheaters I know but as long as they continue to roam free, the damage to the health of the economy is all because of them. That's why I'm saying that the -50% is not necessary...and what is necessary is to just stop the cheating/botting.

Just tell me how this squish is going to help the server instead of damage it especially with mostly everyone in here saying "No" to it.
    Because apparently it brought great results in "Their Analysis" and they "Believe" it benefits the economy greatly. Just take their word for it.

12. Then what's the purpose of this second -50% gold squish? How exactly will it improve the economy? Is the economy bad right now that it requires another gold squish? It doesn't address dealing with cheaters I know but as long as they continue to roam free, the damage to the health of the economy is all because of them. That's why I'm saying that the -50% is not necessary...and what is necessary is to just stop the cheating/botting.

That I cannot answer, I don't know how they have simulated this or came to the conclusion. You better ask them that. Neither have I said that I am for this gold squish (at least not the full 50%). But I do not like when people (not saying you particularly) is taking the liberty to twist the words of the staff. But if they believe it will bring a positive result to the economy as Prophecy pointed out Proterean saying. Then I am sure it will.

13. If this happens im either quiting wow completely or changing to another server.

14. Funniest part is squishing gold on the new TBC realms, which actually have completely fine economy.

The prices actually got lower.

Cost me 13 000 gold to level blacksmithing 4 months ago and only 9500g couple weeks ago.

15. Because apparently it brought great results in "Their Analysis" and they "Believe" it benefits the economy greatly. Just take their word for it.
    IT is easy after the first time that got a huge increase in the coin selling, so they want to repeat it again, that is basicly the only reason, price are not that high, farming profession will not get you more gold than just farm daily quest 850 gold for a primo that take 1 week to farm with frost is not huge, you can get all that gold in less than one day of farming daily.

First ... 7151617181927 ... Last