1. So, half of my hard work on AH selling t-mog items, bars, herbs, etc in a completely legal way was for nothing? Especially considering the fact I'm playing on Lordaeron where gold and stuff don't come easy.

Why decent and fair players have to take it so hard? I guess I won't buy the mammoth and other things I was going to.

P.S. Such measures will only cause people like me (with very fair donated amounts) to reconsider continuing supporting the server.

After reading the local news .... I'm so deeply shocked to say the least.

I play solely on Lordaeron. Nevertheless, I have a Honored donation status. I used the coins for various purposes, including gold purchase through Warmane website (the only legit way). Something you allowed and made possible with your OWN system.

Now... it appears I'm gonna lose HALF of all my gold in a few months. Including some gold I fairly purchased from YOUR OWN website systems.

How is that fair? Now, if you DON'T want people to buy gold even through WARMANE WEBSITE, why do you even allow that? So now people who've done this and intended to keep some of the gold they bought in fair and square way, gonna get screwed by 50%???

Is that what I partially donated my money for? So some part is going to be TAKEN from me just like that, despite I've done NOTHING wrong?? Basically, now I must waste 95% of my gold on items I don't currently need just in order not to LOSE stuff I purchased in most fair and legitimate way.

Seriously, it doesn't even sound logical.

P.S. You guys may infract me / delete my post, but you won't change the fact I am VERY disappointed.

2. Good news, time to get even richer :D

3. Maintaining healthy economy.. that really doesn't sound logical to do this 50% squish on a yearly basis...
    This is just another way to 'force' players legally buying gold on the warmane website to just buy even more and donate more..

At least if you reduce the amount of gold, increase the way of obtaining gold in game. Now the only legal way to get a fair amount of gold is through hard work at the auction house or through the warmane website.
    By doing this gold squish, you only punish these hard working players who legally fight their way through all this crap. I really doubt that this will ameliorate the support of these players to the server.

Really, warmane changed.. now everything is about money..

4. Buit the thing is, regardless of where your gold comes from (even from Warmane website) it's gonna get halved.

Imagine someone donated 100$ and bought gold on Warmane website for all the money. Let's pretend he kept the gold. And now he's gonna lose 50$. Virtually, half of his donation is going to go.

Now, I really doubt AH prices are going to instantly drop by half. At the moment Mechano-hog on Lordaeron costs around 18k. Would it be 9k after January? What if not really?

5. This is a thing? Don't you have logs on a per character basis to see where gold goes? lol

6. lmao what does gold squish benefit the economy? That way you just keep people "at bay", which is completely random and unfair. If you want to implement some system to "charge" people annually, do it via % value based on how much gold they currently have in possession. Say 10 to 20%
    People would search even more for new ways to obtain gold illegally.

7. Well, at least, really, they should NOT halve the gold which came from Warmane Website (was purchased via coins).

Or it's completely unfair.

8. This seems like a huge slap in the face, especially for Medivh players who have no cash shops or trading possibilities. I've spent a lot of time farming gold so that I have a comfortable amount of gold in case anything should happen or I need anything.

Now you're telling me the days even weeks I've spent on obtaining this is going to be gone with simple mouse click? The only one I see winning in this scenario is Warmane, because now people have donate more or spend even more time ingame farming back that gold.

If this were to happend today I would lose 2500g. You have any idea how much time it takes to farm 2500 gold on Medivh these days?

9. A gold squish is neccesary.
    Without a gold squish the bots on Outlands will inflate the economy further and further, making daily quests worthless since their gold reward doesn't scale with the realm inflation.

10. a gold squish is not necessary for this matter. A counter mechanism to these bots is the solution, not taking people's money every year again and again

11. A gold squish is neccesary.
    Without a gold squish the bots on Outlands will inflate the economy further and further, making daily quests worthless since their gold reward doesn't scale with the realm inflation.
    Daily quests have been worthless since the beginning of this server. And with the implementation of the new system those bots and other gold sellers will quickly fall off

12. Well, if this is so necessary to stop the bots, at least Premium Members (especially those over certain amount of coins spent / money donated) should be given some sort of compensation, imo. A way to spend the gold on some items via website, perhaps?

Right now having about 25k gold left (half of it from the Website coin purchase) I feel like I've been simply robbed by the system.

13. A gold squish is neccesary.
    This is a great idea to punish the players instead of banning chinese VPNs.

Just why would they not fix the problem at the source....maybe the bots are not a problem at all lolerskaterz

14. If the bots take all the herb and mine nods how can i get mats? Buy them on AH its expensive i dont have time to farm gold.....oh look COINS

TL;DR: vote with you money not your voice

15. Well, if this is so necessary to stop the bots, at least Premium Members (especially those over certain amount of coins spent / money donated) should be given some sort of compensation, imo. A way to spend the gold on some items via website, perhaps?

Right now having about 25k gold left (half of it from the Website coin purchase) I feel like I've been simply robbed by the system.
    you do realize that they will squish ALL gold, not just yours?

the buying power of gold will maintain the same aventually as it was be4, maybe not 1day after squish, but give it a month and its gunna be back to 1/2 price of what it was be4.

First 123412 ... Last