1. Lol, so... this thread pops up, and right away enchantements and mats double in price. Silent agreement between almost all enchanters. Don't get me wrong, I make a fortune lol, but what I mean is: if AH prices go berserk for 3 months yearly, how is that helping the economy? Im rich, but for those people who struggle with gold, how are they gonna even gem/enchant themselves during the month of december when 1h weapon enchant's price reaches 1200g (already does for 2h :p)? Don't tell me prepare in advance, because you can't know what you're gonna loot.

Btw, notice how they tell us "This brought out great results in our analysis" but conveniently don't give a single example, and then start talking about gold sellers, subliminally suggesting, but never directly saying that they are the reason for the gold squish. They could have told us about the anti-gold-seller-bot months ago, but again, they do it conveniently in the gold squish thread, because its lacking content, really. (gold sellers are gone, I know that for a fact, the guys camping darnassus AH 24/7 disappeared a while ago)

Seriously, what analysis? Can't we have a peek? Is it top secret? This information would dissipate all conspiracy theories. But sadly, seeing how vague this is presented and how little information we get, I'm pretty sure its just about making more money from the store.

I think the first gold squish might have been a genuine attempt at making the economy better, but then in january/february, guys looking at the sells on store were like "Well f**k me! Look at that! Half of last year's donations in just 2 months! Damn... Gold squish yearly? Gold squish yearly! Yeah baby! Happy new year! We'll just tell the players its for the good of the economy and feed them the usual inflation bullcrap. Prices go up when we announce the gold squish anyway, so it will all appear justified if we talk about inflation. They'll buy it. With all the gold sellers out, no one knows **** about the economy. Especially not us lmao. You're a f**king genius man!"

2. I mean, I can understand that the server needs money from the store to survive. Just make special deals on the store and accept the fact that some players will hate it.

3. Guess I'll never get that 5k gold to buy an epic flying mount, thanks warmane.

4. I mean, I can understand that the server needs money from the store to survive. Just make special deals on the store and accept the fact that some players will hate it.
    This has nothing to do with it.

5. What i dont understand. It was less then a month ago. I donated to the website and got gold from the market. Now i am losing half of it? I did not get any notice or anything. So im out half my real life money because of this.

6. What i dont understand. It was less then a month ago. I donated to the website and got gold from the market. Now i am losing half of it? I did not get any notice or anything. So im out half my real life money because of this.
    This announcement thread IS the notice. The gold reduction is taking place on January 4, 2018. You have just over two months until then, which I am absolutely sure you will spend most, if not all, of that gold.

7. -Gold squish will make economy better
    -How?
    -Just trust us, it will.
    -How do you know?
    -We have made an analysis.
    -Can you tell us about it?
    -We just did.
    -People are saying that the staff is lying about the gold squish, selling it as a good thing that will help the economy, when in fact all it does is the very opposite, as to hide the fact that they want this gold squish to boost the sales of the online store. What do you have to say about this?
    -Don't trust them. We have your best interest in mind. They don't have our analysis stats.
    -That you don't want to talk about.
    -We just did.
    -But you haven't given us any example/information on how the gold squish actually helps the economy.
    -*grunt*
    -Your answers feel evasive. Can you give us more than 1 sentence answers? Because truly, it makes it all the more sketchy.
    -We don't care, deal with it.
    -But...
    -Get lost, you're annoying.

That's how it feels. Provide us with CLEAR and SOLID information on HOW THE GOLD SQUISH IS ACTUALLY HELPFUL FOR THE ECONOMY, and I will forever shut my mouth that is crying "Scam!" at this gold squish.

Sorry, but for the moment, I don't believe you. If you guys need money, say it clearly, the community will be glad to help. Hell, I would donate just to keep the server up if you guys asked for help. But if you are indeed lying as I suspect, I don't want to spend a single dime on the store. The age of hypocrisy has to come to an end, on every front.

8. Sorry, but for the moment, I don't believe you. If you guys need money, say it clearly, the community will be glad to help. Hell, I would donate just to keep the server up if you guys asked for help. But if you are indeed lying as I suspect, I don't want to spend a single dime on the store. The age of hypocrisy has to come to an end, on every front.
    I can't argue economics since I haven't taken any classes in it, but money making has nothing to do with the motivation for this (based on internal staff discussion). This may be the only alternative motivation for it that makes sense to you, but that doesn't mean that's what it is. There are various other reasons as well, including our attempts to fight against botting and 3rd party gold sellers (which were cited directly in the opening post). Nobody here is asking you to spend any of your real money. In fact, since Warmane does not sell gold at all, I don't see why spending money has anything to do with this. Unless you're trying to acquire money for things that come at a high cost from vendors, the need to buy gold from others on the marketplace should be unaffected. The only other thing that would make sense to me is if the person in question insist upon maintaining the amount of gold that they had before, and would seriously consider spending coins just for that purpose. Which, even then, only makes sense to me if I consider the person crazy.

I can understand frustration, since it affects me too. But letting you post here and call the staff liars is not something I can permit as per the forum rules. If you can't abide by them, then please don't post.

9. I completely acknowledge that being called a liar can be taken as a disrespectful act, and that I did get carried away a little by frustration.
    Apologies, Miss Mercy.

Still, I feel like all my questions are still unanswered. Why say "we believe doing it on a yearly basis benefits the economy greatly. " at the very beginning of the post if no one backs it up whatsoever?

10. Still, I feel like all my questions are still unanswered.
    Is editing turned off? Wish I could correct silly errors..

11. Excited to tell us?

No one here's excited about a gold squish. AI bot, great. But taking away half our gold is right up there with being gut-punched.

Some of us don't play 24/7...some of us have lives—and that means we don't amass a lot of gold.
    In fact, on some servers, like BC, we are dirt poor, so this feels very arbitrary and unfair, and hey, makes me wanna go back to the other parts of my life. So, who knows, on that merit maybe this is a good thing.

12. Idk what ur guys problem is. I'm super stoked for the gold squish. The ugly stuff has just been sitting in my bags, taunting me. Last squish helped, but I really needed it cut by 75% overall to be satisfied with the number. Appreciate it.

With love,
    Pooppickle

13. tho ill feel guilty since i still wont have an excuse not to give lowbies in stormwind who beg for gold some. Hopefully next year there's another squish to bring me down to 12.5% of the gold i used to have, then I won't have to feel bad since I actually will be just as poor as them.

14. Which, even then, only makes sense to me if I consider the person crazy.
    :'(
    Send halp.

15. I hope that wont hurt that much as the previous gold squish

First ... 11192021222331 ... Last