1. I know my words won't change a thing but I would say it anyways, You could at least do not do this or do it with smaller % of the cut on Lordaeron... I kill time and nerves to mine/gather and lvlup professions so I can get some gold from AH and buy better stuff and 5k mounts on my chars and it's hard on server where none buys or prices are crazy low ( lower than retail ).

2. Why the same rates across all realms? Lordaeron is already x1, with disabled RDF, no heirlooms, increased dungeon/raid difficulty and what not. I don't think that squish will solve any problems. Plus, it will force people to behave differently prior to the squish (force them to spend most of the gold on stuff they don't really need, or just halt playing until then). Treating a symptom doesn't cure a disease. Not cool

3. upotpisu Zivojin zika znaci zivot.
    Pronouncing that may sommon a demon.

4. Completely different using currency that's affected by your cut? Educate me.
    Because the issue is two-fold and inverted in that case. I thought it was obvious. Putting effort into the game in order to earn coins as opposed to using a credit card for coins. That's not to say that people don't earn their money, because I'm sure they do. However, the effort isn't as quantifiable and many players especially appreciate when effort is applied by playing the game. There are very distinct differences in the two that make it another discussion entirely, as I've mentioned before.

5. This may be the only alternative motivation for it that makes sense to you, but that doesn't mean that's what it is. There are various other reasons as well, including our attempts to fight against botting and 3rd party gold sellers (which were cited directly in the opening post).
    Is it really certain that the gold squish gonna harm botters?
    After all its a matter of supply and demand of gold. When I check the gold trade on Outland these days it seems like there is much more gold in the store than ppl that are willing to buy this gold. So currently the supply of gold is actually higher than the demand of gold.

Now when u cut ppls gold by half the demand of gold will drastically increase and therefore botters will also earn more coins and even money by selling their gold.

6. Again gold squish for nothing , last year was the same, prices in AH remain the same maybe bigger especialy at frist 2 months after the squish nothing changed, tbh just people loose theyr efforts in game , find another way to do this work or squish 25% not 50

7. Again gold squish for nothing , last year was the same, prices in AH remain the same maybe bigger especialy at frist 2 months after the squish nothing changed, tbh just people loose theyr efforts in game , find another way to do this work or squish 25% not 50
    It's just a game my boy :) (: Enjoy it or don't play it, simple as that. Gold is just imaginary currency that doesn't exist. (:

8. It's just a game my boy :) (: Enjoy it or don't play it, simple as that. Gold is just imaginary currency that doesn't exist. (:
    And characters are an imaginary bunch of pixels so let's delete yours. Pretty strong logic you got there.

9. And characters are an imaginary bunch of pixels so let's delete yours. Pretty strong logic you got there.
    I don't even have characters anymore :) (:

10. I don't even have characters anymore :) (:
    Judging by your previous replies in this thread, I'll just assume you're a troll then and ignore you.

11. Judging by your previous replies in this thread, I'll just assume you're a troll then and ignore you.
    I've never been a Troll in WoW, i was always Human and Gnome but never a Troll. :) (:

12. I'm trying to see the pros in this, but it doesn't seem like it will be nice.

Poor/Middle class gold - Their gold is halved and they get poorer. Maybe the value of their gold goes up, but items in AH probably won't get any cheaper. I don't remember the last squish so hopefully Warmane's data backs that AH items fall as well.

The rich - They lose some power, but consequently, their gold is worth more anyway, and they still remain the richest. So nothing really changes.

Gold inflation goes down so gold is worth more, and prices adjust, but what's the point? It will go back to normal anyway because Icecrown is already end game and has been for a long time.

Looking at the store and doing math... gold goes for about 2k per 1 coin (at bulk rates, lower rate, less coin...) So the squish will make say 1k gold worth double? If people are buying gold anyway, then their gold is now worth more per coin if coins don't adjust as well. I could be wrong in some of these assumptions, but I don't see benefit. Either way, people will get over it, and I don't see this as warmane being greedy because it doesn't really affect the value of coins.

13. Hi.
    I am level 19.
    I have 19 hours of playtime so far, and it has been fun.
    I have 15 gold on my character, and for a new player on the realm, that is 19 hours of long fought farming to earn that 15 gold.
    It may not sound like a lot, but when that is all you have to your name, it is killer.

Look, you maybe have people who have crazy amounts of gold on the server and they are killing the economy, if that is the case, I can see why you would want to take action.
    But seriously, I have 15 gold. What are you going to gain besides an unhappy customer by taking away half of it?

Maybe.... put a threshhold on the reduction, so if you are below a certain level you are unaffected?
    Or make the amount you reduce proportional to the total amount of gold per char or per account?

Their has to be a fair compromise here...
    And yea what about the people who BUY gold from YOU Warmane, you are just going to take it back?
    Dude, that's wrong on so many levels. Think about this for a second....
    -lmno

14. This make sense for most realms but not for medivh, where it is 1x a lot of us haven't even got enough for a fast flying mount yet.

First ... 142223242526 ... Last