1. learn to read, it's 50% of all gold.

2. learn to read, it's 50% of all gold.
    Yeah, like they did last time. jk. I'm looking for an official staff response.

3. I'm glad to see there's a new bot being used to ID gold selling. What are you doing to prevent false positives? Is there a review process for those individuals found by the bot?

Also, a gold squish may help, but it will only hurt those at the bottom, those with fewer than 1000g in reserve. If you institute a flat squish (a "flat tax" if you will), it will affect those who don't have much gold to begin with most. It's the same argument as those used for taxes IRL. I recommend a progressive, or bracketed, approach. Maybe those with less than 100g get no squish; those with 101-500g get a 20% squish, those with 501g and above get a 50% squish, or something to that effect.

A flat squish across the board will affect those with high gold reserves least, is all I'm saying. Inflation will continue to affect the markets.
    What would be keeping me from moving all my gold to a bunch of different characters/accounts, having them all have <100g each

4. Ironically, the only thing this announcement has achieved is increase the prices across the board on Icecrown and make the economy even worse. Well done.

5. All your gold still would be cut by 50%,All Realms,All Accounts, No minimum. Maybe if you had less than 1 gold, like 99 silver you would be safe, but there is no guarantee. "No Place to Hide".

6. Yeah, like they did last time. jk. I'm looking for an official staff response.
    whats more official than what he just wrote on the ****ing thread?

7. Yeah, like they did last time. jk. I'm looking for an official staff response.
    what part of "What this means is every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too." was so hard to understand.

8. You think that comment is going to change their mind?
    You are just gonna free up 2 more spaces in que so that people who actually want to play wants to play

9. it Didnt Connect to the one i replied to
    Ill put this tag here

@ the guy who said do this and me & my friend will leave the game

10. no point trying to farm epic flying before then i suppose.
    idk this seems like one of those ideas that seemed good when it was proposed in a skype meeting, but never fully thought through.

11. no point trying to farm epic flying before then i suppose.
    idk this seems like one of those ideas that seemed good when it was proposed in a skype meeting, but never fully thought through.
    you have like 45 days. plenty of time to farm 5k.

12. Squish is awesome, just like last time it's an excellent opportunity for the smarter people to become relatively richer :)

The one side effect is that now is not a good time to be selling gold via trade, squish announcement encourages people to "use up" their gold in a "it will be smaller number later must be less" mentality, just like last time, however this is a good thing for those of us with patience, since like last time, the best time to trade your gold will actually be after the squish in terms of real coin value and the best time to make gold is before squish exploiting the "use it up" mentality :)

13. no point trying to farm epic flying before then i suppose.
    no point trying to farm epic flying before then i suppose.
    "Never fully thought through"
    English expression.
    Definition: I don't like it.

14. P.S. (since i can't edit my posts...)

Looking forward to maintaing the same prices i did all year, which are the same as the prices i maintained before last squish, and will continue to maintain through next squish and all subsequent squishes, because, quite frankly, if you buy gold with coins, what the hell do you care if something cost you 25cents or 12.5cents or 6.25 cents :)

P.P.S.

Don't you people realise the no.1 reason for gold squish is it makes warmane money?

It's very simple: the exp and gold rate disparity (oh come on who thought this was an accident or an oversight? really?) means a normal player is behind on gold from the very start, this encourages buying gold with coins from the very start.

The harder it is (for the average player) to make enough gold to cover the basics (flying, skills, glyphs, gems etc) the more likely it is that potential donators turn into actual donators (or spend more on donations).

The less gold is in the system the harder it is to make enough gold to cover the basics.

= Goldsquish epic win for warmane and epic win for anyone already reasonably ingame wealthy.

15. Squish is awesome, just like last time it's an excellent opportunity for the smarter people to become relatively richer :)

The one side effect is that now is not a good time to be selling gold via trade, squish announcement encourages people to "use up" their gold in a "it will be smaller number later must be less" mentality, just like last time, however this is a good thing for those of us with patience, since like last time, the best time to trade your gold will actually be after the squish in terms of real coin value and the best time to make gold is before squish exploiting the "use it up" mentality :)
    This guy knows.
    Yet, what do you know about life, huh?

First ... 162425262728 ... Last