1. Greetings Warmane community,

Beginning this year we've done a gold squish, cutting 50% of all gold across all systems, characters, storage and such. This brought out great results in our analysis and we believe doing it on a yearly basis benefits the economy greatly.

With all of this in mind, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 4, 2018 giving players, once again, our usual warning and plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the adjustment of the economy.

What this means is every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.

As you probably know, our rules prohibit sale of in-game goods via third-party, services. In most cases where players take part in such transactions, they end up losing their accounts, characters or worse, their personal data is obtained and sold to other more menacing third parties. We have done much in the past to combat this, from banning certain VPNs, implementing complex logging systems to procure the gold sources in such transactions and we, of course, have staff monitoring the global channels across our realms and we believe we have succeeded in countering a lot of this over the past few years.

We have also taken a stride in implementing yet another counter-measure, an artificial intelligence driven bot that detects gold seller spam, and dispenses swift punishment whilst also learning over time of the many patterns culprits reside to using.

Meet Jin, an artificial intelligence driven chat bot, which identifies gold spam (no matter how hard it is ciphered with non-latin characters), and learns over time to combat new attempts of gold selling.

The bot has been active for a few months now and it will only get better. With this, including a lot of internal staff effort on our side and many other measures we have, we hope to create an environment where no such game interruptions, as we consider them that way, will exist.

Kind regards
    Warmane
    I think you could be more careful on these 50% gold drops. If a new player comes to the realm (or an old one comes back), in start, needs a riding skill for the main character, and that 500-1k-5k gold is really a stress. If you half their golds, its a ruthless punishment to them.

I can understand, that realms are full with bot farmers, and action should be taken against them, but punishing new characters too, it is not that much sane.

At least, allow beginner players (who still have no more than 1x lvl 70 character on their account and until it is without fast fly riding skill) to keep up to 5k golds on one (most high lvl) character per account, what you don't half down.

2. Simply ban all china IP :P Farmers bye bye.

In due reality its bit harsh,all depends how many incoming ip adressess are coming from china!.

Sucks there are so many bots active,i see on average 20-60 bots banned per day and they just keep going.

3. I've been keeping an eye on this thread since joining the Warmane community earlier this month. The idea of a squish is a strong deterrent, especially after just joining the Warmane community a couple of weeks ago. The economics of a squish should not necessarily create too many waves for someone dabbling in the Auction House, since even though nominal value of an item has shifted, it will still retain its relative real value. (Circumstantially dependent on how players react)

My concern is that as a leveling character, who decided to join a x1 WOTLK realm to relive the experience, one is indiscriminately impaired by this form of punitive tax. It was a rewarding feeling back in retail BC when I purchased 100% riding - the same sense of achievement that I am trying to resurrect here in an epoch that I was a part of the whole time. Yet, my goal is impaired with the impending execution of this tax. Okay so 100% isn't that expensive, but flying, then Cold Weather Flying, followed by 280% - the bill grows quickly all in the course of 20 levels.

Now I'm not opposed to donating. As a matter of fact, I already have since Warmane is a great project that should be supported. I do feel that accounts without a character beyond level 70 should not be taxed as heavily - or if at all. Sure, then this poses the situation where: "Then Gold Farmers and Fronts will just mail all their gold to a level 1 to avoid the tax". This sets up the question, now how many level 1 through 60s are running around with more than 10k? If they are, great for them; however, as their level nears 1 their gold stash should be representative. The smoking gun would be a level 20 make only 10 transactions, with low level rares and greens, with the AH since playing and amassing fortunes. Ex: No one just buys Plate Shoulders of the Wolf for 4k. (If that needs to be explained…I’m sorry)

There should be no doubt that golds farmers selling independently cuts into Warmane’s ability to generate revenue to support their services. So it would make sense that Warmane needs to find a way to combat encroachment on their portion of the $/G market. As members of Warmane, we should support them since the lighter their cash flows are, the less resources can be dedicated to all of our whines about bugs and content. As new accounts and characters are created, their trade transactions should be screened. Sure – it’s Big Brother, but how often does someone trade/mail 8k to a character not linked to their account/email or even on their friends list? This all dependent though on if execution is even possible.

Last thought, maybe as a compromise: don’t tax gold that is associated with a coin transaction. Especially since it’s a punishment on those who purchased through what is intended to be the solely authorized channel. Thus if Leeroy has 20,000, 10,000 of which is from a recent Coin purchase, he is still taxed at 50% – but on the 10,000 that was from in-game sources. Afterwards, Leeroy now has 15,000. It would add insult to injury if the people who donate so they can buy gold, get half of their purchased gold taken away 2 months later. If anything, this will spur people to buy more coins to purchase more clean gold.

In summary:
    -Please refrain from taxing the new folk or at least explore and implement less punitive mechanisms.
    -Crucify Farmers and Fronts.
    -Tax immunity on recent coin transactions

4. As a new player on the servers i absolutely HATE this..
    I'm struggeling to get above just 30g on all my characters, highest level so far is 22.

WHY should I be punished and have half my gold taken from me..
    It sure is me who is ruining the economy of the server.
    I have 6-7 characters, with my 30 gold I can barely buy riding skill for them all :(

5. Warmane will do this no matter what we say. Other people have already pointed out that it is a strategy to make more money through donations. And they will keep doing this for years to come. But please Warmane, at least do not announce this 4 months earlier to screw servers' economy for 4 months. Keep the interval close so we don't have to deal with inflated server prices for such long time spans. People are going to donate to recover anyways so your money is safe.

6. I love a gold squish! Clever players have ways of dodging the worst effects and gold farmers get caught flat footed (since I doubt they read the forum). Also a good excuse to give my guildies gold for mount training.

I've been using the SpamFilter addon/ Between that and the AI spam bot fighter it's rare to see any gold spam.

7. For me, as my maximum gold is around 60k (I have to work really hard to get it) its nothing more than bullying... I bet the true reason was mentioned above = DONATE and BUY gold as we cut your hard-earned profit every year :-( Common!!!

8. I am strongly against this! I do play WoW 7 yrs - on Molten and then Warmane. Never had any problems, ban etc. I am working hard to get some normal ammount of gold, I think I never had over 100k (dont sell much, mostly buy).

9. With all of this in mind, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 4, 2018 giving players, once again, our usual warning and plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the adjustment of the economy.
    Reading is hard.

10. I heard this worked for Venezuela....

11. about the halfing gold to all..... those who alrdy have much gold, will spend all on mats, and than sell back on ah :)

12. On Outland realms this makes absolutely no sense. Gold rate is 1x and players there are struggling to get enough gold to simply afford mounts. The vast majority of lvl 70 players can't even afford epic flying yet.

13. After reading through the first 8 pages of this thread, I found it a bit hard to keep going. The response is mostly negative, like a bad steam game review page.
    As someone who doesn't take the game seriously, and as someone who is largely oblivious to the goings-on of the server function, it does seem unfair that certain players who obtained their gold via legitimate means, or even via buying coins, which were then spent on gold.

I'm going to try and keep a mostly neutral outlook on the situation with my following suggestion, and perhaps some member of staff would see this and think it a fair idea. My thoughts are this: Include the players of the server. The ones that can form coherent sentences, and have a mind/ideas regarding the economy.
    It would undoubtedly be a large project, but perhaps there is some way that the staff of warmane could work together with the players themselves, to find a common-grounds, or perhaps something even more favorable.

During the first 8 pages of the thread I read through, it came up a few times that while it would damage the botters and gold sellers to have the gold squish happen, it would also bring (At the very least) a temporary increase in the worth of the gold that is sold by means that are not approved by the staff of warmane. It might even give the gold sellers an excuse to sell their gold at far more appealing price than before, thus increasing their popularity, as well as revenue.

I may or may not have lost my train of thought while writing this all down. (And I don't commonly look at the forums.), but I would be quite interested in getting some feedback from the players/staff here on warmane on what I just said. What you agree with, what you disagree with. What you think could be done better, or just an idea of your own.

If anyone feels like dropping me a line, I can be found on Discord. Genisis#5378

Letsfindout - Icecrown.

First ... 192728293031 ... Last