1. Its clear that this squish has nothing to do with gold farmers as many pointed out this isn't gonna hurt them in one bit and there are better options if that was the goal. Someone pointed out a few pages back about people hoarding mats and not selling them after the squish because gold will have no use if this is an annual thing. But if gold becomes useless and people want to sell the mats they bought or continue to farm coins will be the only way sell. Devalue and make the ingame currency useless other than for basically just mount training in favor of increasing the value of coins.

2. the auction house is partially driving the economy. If you really want to stamp out Gold seller, raise the amount of currency people get on quests. At the speed people level, they quest return amount is not enough to pay for training, and I don't want to spent my life farming to pay for training.

3. Hi, I wanted to ask something to a moderator or a gm. I have some gold in selling on my main account and I'd like to know one thing. If that gold isn't bought by the time you do the gold squish, will it be halved like all the gold we have on our characters? I'd like to know before that times comes so I can take the auction off and spend it. I hope someone with knowledge will reply. Thanks.

4. That's answered in the first post of this thread.

5. That's answered in the first post of this thread.
    Thanks for your kind reply.

6. I'm suprised Outland is still running, you punish the players because you can't take care of your bots.
    I dare you to start all over again and try to farm mats when you can barely see a copper node on the maps after 1 hour.

We're going to be lucky if we live the day T6 are going to be up

7. Who does the gold squish hurt the most?

The poor guy who is saving up to buy his first flying mount..

8. It's all about the money, folks.

I can see a lot of ppl sayin "Why do I get punished if I do everything in fair way, punish botters" "Oh I'm new to this server, I wont keep up for mount" etc etc.

One thing to understand and u'll understand point of all of this is - the server doesnt care about you, it only cares about ppl donating (in this case - for gold).

I've also seen someone sayin that no other private server has done that. Well, of course not, coz this might be only server that offers you to get Shadowmourne with pure gold (well, with others' money involved), not even SFS farms. Can you do that somewhere else? Prolly not.

"The economy stability"? Yes, they do care about that, but not to benefit players, but themselves, so ppl who came to coins easily, will get there harder now. Coins that were easy to buy for not too many coins will now be harder, which forces players to buy coins directly from server (remember, they have to earn it somehow and they will earn more with this).

Obviously this works for them, as they will do it again as they did last year. If it didn't benefit them, they prolly wouldn't do that. I'm sure there are tons of kids who can easily get RL money from parents in order to donate here just because they want faster mount while they're lvling in Northrend or while they're farmin flowers. Or someone who works will say "oh well, no coffee on work today, so I can get some item here" (figurative speech ofc, I'm not talkin about Swedish ppl).

And no - the server will not die (at least because of this, or at least not yet), they have tooooooo many players who are ready to donate no matter what happens. This doesnt just happen here, this happens to a lot of other online games where ppl donate, server for sum reason makes it either more expensive or anything that seems illogical to players, because they know they will still earn money.

Everything happens for a reason, but never in a player's benefit.

9. I feel like this is possibly one of the dumbest things ever.. just ban the real problem which is these bots, don't squish the gold!

10. So basically all of the new players who only have 500 gold are screwed. This is a joke i have been working really hard to get this gold and now yu gonna take it away when i have done nothing wrong?! That is messed up you should do it to the players that make issues like a guy that took 3k from me. Now i cant at least have coldweather flying to save my butt so please reconsider this HORRIBLE idea!

11. A gold squish is good for the economy and good for new players... It's simple inflation, if there are millions of golds in the money supply each gold is worth less value. So when there is so much gold out there, people sell everything overpriced. They know it will be bought because there are plenty of old players with 10k+ or even 100k+. New players are at a huge disadvantage. A gold squish can help repair this problem because everyone will be trying to lose all their gold so that the squish takes less of a hit on them so after the squish almost everyone will have little gold. With almost everyone having little gold, no one will be selling things extremely overpriced anymore.

12. For those who haven't figured it out yet: "Gold squish" in 2018 is only to increase gold for coins sales in marketplace.
    As last gold squish brought out great results in Warmane staff analysis that gold squish increases donations.

13. bastards ......... steal honest players

14. What is the best way to deal with the gold squish? Should one but up gear and stuff and use all their gold before the squish or maybe buy expensive mats now to craft and sell after the squish or just take the hit and lose have your hard earned gold like everyone else?

15. Now is a good time to buy mats and sit on them. Players will gold will be able to abuse the gold squish to make even more money. While poor players lose half their gold. ****'s like America IRL.

First ... 223031323334 Last