1. While I disagree on the gold squish myself THEY DID GIVE PLENTY OF NOTICE, both on the website and IN GAME. The server has been autobroadcasting it every 30 minutes for the past few months. It's not warmanes fault you fail to look at your general chat tab, or that you don't read the news on the website.
    Either these announcements don't exist on Icecrown, or you're lying. Every time I talk about the gold squish in Trade, very few responders actually know what's happening.

Some examples:

Bonus:

2. I joined this server last week, I've not seen any announcement I had to find out from a player.

Whatever 30 minute broadcast your talking about your talking a load of nonsense.

3. Good time to buy Travelers' Tundra ;ammoth, high priced vendor parts made chopper mount or stock expensive enchants etc. for future...

4. A general chat tab isn't globally announced and I don't join Global because most of my toons aren't at levels that require LFG yet. Don't assume all people join specific channels. The server should have announced this over Server announcements, not a specific chat channel like global.

If they wanted everyone to know about this they would have headlined it on their main page like all the "great" events and bug fixes.

Also, any argument you try to bring to the table will be hung by a noose and gutted by a pack of vicious wolves, I used to run and program my own WotLK and CATA Servers for fun for myself and local friends while my internet was down. I know the actual inner workings of the game and I'm pretty sure they could have done a server announcement rather than choosing to isolate this information to one specific proprietary channel, there's no excuse for this shady discrepancy.

5. While I disagree on the gold squish myself THEY DID GIVE PLENTY OF NOTICE, both on the website and IN GAME. The server has been autobroadcasting it every 30 minutes for the past few months. It's not warmanes fault you fail to look at your general chat tab, or that you don't read the news on the website.
    A general chat tab isn't globally announced and I don't join Global because most of my toons aren't at levels that require LFG yet. Not to mention non stop spamming of the same **** screws with my ADHD. Don't assume all people join specific channels. The server should have announced this over Server announcements, not a specific chat channel like global.

If they wanted everyone to know about this they would have headlined it on their main page like all the "great" events and bug fixes.

Also, any argument you try to bring to the table will be hung by a noose and gutted by a pack of vicious wolves, I used to run and program my own WotLK and CATA Servers for fun for myself and local friends while my internet was down. I know the actual inner workings of the game and I'm pretty sure they could have done a server announcement rather than choosing to isolate this information to one specific proprietary channel, there's no excuse for this shady discrepancy.

6. Didn't even have to ask.

7. As a new player on this server, this does not feel very welcoming. What's the point in playing if you are going to steal half of the rewards for my effort?

It's already hard enough to make money in Icecrown at low levels, considering the value of drops doesn't provide enough to keep up with training. Instead of grinding for xp, I'm grinding for funds to pay for training. Since I only play a few times a week, the gold squish will kill my chances of saving any money.

The whole idea sounds like a lazy solution to a bot problem. Surely there are other solutions... limit gold trades per hour, squish a top percentage of richest players, look for players with weird gold/level ratio... something!

8. omg its so simple to avoid gold squish completely.

here is a tip for you all.

create enough characters to distribute 1 copper on each character, then after squish, no gold/silver/copper will be removed from you, and after that you can just simply trade it all back to one spot.

why is it so hard to figure out Q_Q

9. As a new player on this server, this does not feel very welcoming. What's the point in playing if you are going to steal half of the rewards for my effort?

It's already hard enough to make money in Icecrown at low levels, considering the value of drops doesn't provide enough to keep up with training. Instead of grinding for xp, I'm grinding for funds to pay for training. Since I only play a few times a week, the gold squish will kill my chances of saving any money.

The whole idea sounds like a lazy solution to a bot problem. Surely there are other solutions... limit gold trades per hour, squish a top percentage of richest players, look for players with weird gold/level ratio... something!
    These are very great points! I have been a member of this server several years and had no idea they were doing this until this year. Welcome to the server! If you are horde not only will I help level with you but also will Give you some gold towards your training.

10. I think announces in global chat must be at January 2-3 , because if they start now there will be panic and auction prices will be higher x5 than even now

11. As a new player on this server, this does not feel very welcoming. What's the point in playing if you are going to steal half of the rewards for my effort?

grab some gathering proffs and you won't have money issues.

12. This forum thread has been here SINCE OCTOBER. Players have to register on the site to platy in the first place, and the first section in the forums is where the news, and rles are listed. Quit making excuses for why you didn't know. If you don't open your eyes and look, you aren't going to see.

I keep hearing nothing but excuses for people not paying attention to server announcements and such. I have seen several server announcements. I have seen this on the front page of warmane. I have seen it here in this thread in the news section. EVEN NOW it's on the front page if you scroll down to october.

Your guild masters should have the ability to stay up to date on the news and make guild broadcast as well.

13. Either these announcements don't exist on Icecrown, or you're lying. Every time I talk about the gold squish in Trade, very few responders actually know what's happening.

Some examples:
    Ignorance is not an excuse. It's not like we've made this a secret. There is little else that can be done to inform the community. If people don't check the website, the news forum, or the occasional server announcement messages meant to tell people to check the website for news, then that's not our fault. Your attempts to argue that we haven't informed the community are for naught. Also, as mentioned by the above poster, this thread is dated October. It is here to notify and inform. It is not here for arguments and complaints such as this. If this thread hasn't served its purpose by now, then it's not going to in the near future. As such, I'm going to close it here.

First ... 24323334