1. Your staff needs to be more careful as that was very insulting.
    I can't see how it could have been insulting at all, especially, as you pointed out yourself, when you didn't say anything about the subject on the line you quoted. Logic and common sense would strongly hint that he wasn't talking to you, even if he didn't quote the involved.

2. As long as the bot doesn't slow down crowded realm like IC, then it's all good I suppose.

The 'gold squish' is good idea... I bought Battered freagin hilt last night for 3k gold.. not 30k holy moley who the heck wants to pay 30k for a BH. Not I.

3. The 'gold squish' is good idea... I bought Battered freagin hilt last night for 3k gold.. not 30k holy moley who the heck wants to pay 30k for a BH. Not I.
    Did you last play 3 years ago or something? BH hasn't been that expensive in a long time.

4. Sooo when did we become Keynesian economists??

5. As a Molten/Warmane veteran, I will give my opinion about this case.

I don't like it.

6. This literally helps botters more than legit players. It rapes legit players bank accounts and makes them more likely to need to buy gold.

7. makes them more likely to need to buy gold.
    Bingo. Start buying coins from Warmane, that's all this is about.

8. Bingo. Start buying coins from Warmane, that's all this is about.
    Shhhhh... Staff won't like it if you show their stupid plans to the rest of the server population.

9. This will not solve anything. Gold sellers will simply increase their prices, farm the same way as they have, legit people will lose interest to play seeing as the server is nothing like blizzlike where there is no such thing as gold squish which makes their efforts useless. They will be even more poor and bots will farm the same way as they had so far. In about 5 months they'll have the same amount of gold.

Do this and my friends and I are quitting your server.
    If, ya'll leave, let me know and i'll join.
    We shouldn't have to prepare ourselves every year for a gold squish? That's a hard No. I prepare myself every year for taxes. This is a game, not life. Make it harder to sell gold like you have been instead of robbing your community. Not everyone can be on everyday and tend to how the server is fluctuating with different ways to adjust. I get on to enjoy my free time and enjoy the blizzlike community. Seems like everything needs to come to an end soon..

10. A gold squish only makes sense on realms which have been at end-game for a considerable amount of time so as for players to have generated that gold. This is not the case with any of the TBC realms. A gold squish on Outland or Medivh would make exactly zero sense.

I have to say, though, I'm very impressed about the AI you've implemented.

11. A yearly gold squish is hilarious. Everytime I visit back the bad changes heavily outweight the positive changes, hence the player drop of all realms.

12. If this is what we have to look forward to I am glad I stopped wasting time selling professions for the last one. Doing this after the last squish and rate change when people worked for it over the year is a slap in the face.

13. Interesting..IF you do this thing gold squish every year for reason of health economy ect whats the point of farming the gold and wasting hours in the game over and over again...If you are getting low donations from the people which is obvious because of investing only in older expansions just shut down the servers for less headaches for you and for the players that actually intending the waste their free time on this server..Keep something in mind..IF you proceed on this r...sh..Server will become a total disaster..Worse than ever...Mark it..It will be A CHAOS..1 more thing...IF you wonder why in future there will be less players on your server reason will be You..admins and developers you are losing the compass..Completely, and when that happen dont blame others But you!/Peace

14. God damnit molten, stop messing everything up for honest players like me. The last gold squish was a catastrophy, you ruined my jewelcrafting business, RUINED it. Why in the flying hell would you do this to me again? My gems only sell for 2-300 gold now, and I have piles and piles, just hoping the price will go back up enough that I can get some of my money back, before the squish they sold easily for 9-1200, so look at the math. This ****ed me hard, and now you wanna do it again every year? If I were GM I would just ban all the bots, instead of playing ****ing hide and go seek for 10 hours on a saturday. Do your job instead of ****ing off, and then thinking you will just fix your laziness by doing a gold squish. ICC boes are straight up trash now, because no one has gold to buy stuff with, yet it was a success? Your ******ed dude...

15. This is why I like gold as much as the plague here on Warmane. As many others have pointed out this actually aids gold sellers more than it hampers them. Since it is a 50% cut in quantity of gold and not quality, it yields no results at all. You can cut rates by any % you wish, the effect will be the same. Players are harmed, botters/sellers cheer.

So what does this actually accomplish?
    *For starters it crashes the player confidence in gold.
    *It instills a mindset of hoarding hard assets like herbs, minerals and valuables.
    *It causes prices to sky-rocket before the gold squish and the supply of commodities to shrink tremendously, causing great pain in many areas.
    * It punishes players who are unable to spend their gold on hard assets or ingame services before the squish.
    * It punishes people who earn their gold by trading on the AH and encourages more botting in order to store gold in items.

And most importantly:
    *It increases gold seller acivity and productivity. Because before the squish most gold sellers will stock up on commodities and drain their gold supply to nearly 0. After the squish they will over time sell off their assets, which overall results not in a net losses, but a net gains for gold sellers and botters.

The only upside of a gold squish is the fact that it cures hyper-inflation on realms that are currently at the endgame content. However during the time between the announcement and the squish, the hyper-inflation will get way worse and it will piss players off.

First ... 789101119 ... Last