1. on tbc server it is realy hard to get gold for mounts or something like that and many players how are realy near to that dont be happy for gold squish
    u dont help somebody with that,we only will loose more and more players on the server and server will die
    im very interested to know if all my reports for gold sellers are noticed,because this could help

2. but perhaps there is some way that the staff of warmane could work together with the players themselves, to find a common-grounds, or perhaps something even more favorable.
    This is how servers die.

During the first 8 pages of the thread I read through, it came up a few times that while it would damage the botters and gold sellers to have the gold squish happen, it would also bring (At the very least) a temporary increase in the worth of the gold that is sold by means that are not approved by the staff of warmane. It might even give the gold sellers an excuse to sell their gold at far more appealing price than before, thus increasing their popularity, as well as revenue.
    As far as I can tell "Chinese farmers" will only benefit from squish. I mean, they currently are, as I write this. It's hard to understand why, but people think they are stupid or something... which is not the case. They will exploit the bubble Warmane created with this gold squish, they will profit greatly to a point where -50% gold will not affect wealth they have, that is generated by this "squish bubble" with all the crazy people "buying regs" to avoid "losing half" --- which is an illusion. They will more than double they gold, they already have. After squish each their gold piece will be worth more than 2 gold pieces are now.

3. If I'm a new player and trying to save money for first mounts, is there some way to not get squished along with the players who have been here a long time? "Help me I'm poor."

4. If I'm a new player and trying to save money for first mounts, is there some way to not get squished along with the players who have been here a long time? "Help me I'm poor."
    Don't save. Put it to use. Buy reagents till you ran out of gold, craft stuff and sell it. Market wont be so hot as it is now like 3-4 months after squish.
    You can make 50k from damn 600g in these few weeks by spending 1hr a day in AH and crafting some stuff. People are going mental with "not getting squished" that you can just take their gold.

5. for casual players like me this is a reason (or just another reason) to go play somewhere else... why should the little guys pay for other ppls mistakes? gold spammers? IP BAN, there, solved.... ohhhhh riiiiiight.... i'm gonna shut up now. :|

6. Not gonna happen.
    You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

7. Looks like my effort for getting profit at AH doesn't matter. It's one of the game's beauties, people. First gold squish was right but this is nosense right now.

8. 30 Pages of negative feedback and solid points isn't enough. Might aswell close this thread if your not goin to listen.

9. squishing gold so people wil need more gold... sounds like a legit plan i guess the gold sellers are praising warmane for this lol as shown last time you guys did this, prices in ah barely budged and whit having less gold, people simply needed more gold and poof you got more people going to gold sellers.
    Oh well who cares, i stopped getting gold after last years squish, simply farm alittle if i ever need something, but i never keep gold on my chars and these news made me happy i stopped bothering about gold tbh lol.

10. I dont understand the logic of the gold squish hurting botters at all.

Because of the inflation these bots have to farm mobs way more cause mobs are not affected by the inflation they drop a set number of money. The gold squish actually helps them since they will spend the same amount of time farming but getting way more out of it if the squish happens since the gold mobs drop will be worth more. That bot mage that is farming the same mobs zul drak every night will have his worth doubled cause of the squish not halved.

Who are you actually helping?

11. Economy issue

You think wiping 50% gold is going to solve any issues?People will sell/buy more than ever,and ah will be filled with overpriced items.

You think 250 gold for 29 level item is much now?Wait after gold wipe.

12. I guess warmane doesnt know **** about game economy.

13. Does this mean they will take half of the gold I have?

14. They will take half of all gold, be it in your bank or mailbox.

15. Why is this deemed to be a good idea? Many people, like myself, have earned every piece of gold we have. How does this solution benefit anyone other than the dev team, is fixing the problem in the "too hard basket"? What about the people who don't want to put gold into items because they're saving for something like epic flight?

Give us, the players, the ability to report the bots we continually see in the server. The current in-game report method simply sits in the "queue" for hours, clearly ignored. You do that simple thing and you cut the bots out.

First ... 212930313233 ... Last