1. I don't think anyone had a problem with the first gold squish, but doing 50% every year seems a bit harsh. I could agree with a 25% gold squish yearly. I hope this policy is not written in stone yet? Maybe change it to 25%?

2. I don't know why so many people complain about the 5k golds for the mount. You still have 2 full months until then, so in these 2 months you can make your 5k golds, and get the epic fly skill .
    I have to say, last year's gold squash was the best thing that could happen, to me at least. You will see the Gold Store Business booming after the squash, so you can get plenty of coins if you have gold farming skills.

3. @Razvannn123 I have to say, last year's gold squash was the best thing that could happen, to me at least. You will see the Gold Store Business booming after the squash, so you can get plenty of coins if you have gold farming skills.

I think that's whats pissing people off. The first time was a necessary thing but a yearly gold slice seems like a subliminal way of forcing you to buy coins, which unsurprisingly benefits the people making the yearly cut. It should be 25% or they should halve in game prices to compensate.

4. If they halve in-game prices then what would be the point ? If you had 10000 bucks saved up and trump decided to halve prices of everything while confiscating 50% of stored currency your now 5000 bucks would have the exact same value as the 10000 bucks had before, meaning it would be pointless af.
    Actually it is pointless anyway because the only thing that really matters is the Gold to coin or Gold to usd ratio and that is going to rise ( most likely double ) after the halve. Which imo would make it easier to sell gold for a while (assuming people would still buy the same amounts of it as before) especially if you have botfarmed bazilions of gold and your only concern is how much money you make (you have amounts of gold that would take years to sell anyway).
    + I think it would be actually easier to get riding before the squish than it is now, because gold would be less valuable then due to panic selling etc. last year on IC the prices before the squish were like 400% of the after-squish prices on a lot of stuff (enchanting materials would be a fine example).
    + If you are really concerned with your gold you can alway buy portable holes for 3k and sell them for 2k-2.5k after to lessen the impact on yourself.

Actually I think the whole idea is pretty much pointless and not Blizzlike at all (their servers survived withouth this for much longer than warmane, or Molten did ever exist and they had bots and farmers etc.) I doubt it hurts the gold sellers at all as does banning the spam accounts, because they obviously do use fake IPs and hide their storage accounts well enough. And more than anything I doubt it helps the economy in any measurable way.

5. What exactly is this Gold sushi everybody is talking about?

6. I've been reading the posts in this thread silently. From what i have understood so far the gold squish is made to fix financial balance in the server in the same way that happened 1 year ago but they are trying to camouflage it behind the whole gold seller/gold buyer issue which is completely naive because this creates even more rage to the general public.

I cannot believe that a sane person would want to punish 98% legit players to catch the 2% ( maybe less - maybe a bit more ), and destroy the business of gold sellers which is NOT , i repeat NOT players fault! Gold sellers are YOUR problem, not ours and its completely iresponsible to say the least from your behalf.

Now when it comes to inflation. Its still harsh for this to happen every single year cause mind you, some people where farming their gold AGAINST the gold sellers your proclaim you want to end. And thats their gold medal of doing so, they are getting squished. Im sorry server owners and fellas but you need to come up with something better. Maybe create that lottery with stupid pets and mounts and stuff they are useless but people rush to get em and that maybe will remove some gold from the server.

In conclusion

- You want to fight the gold sellers? The bot is a great idea + moderators on global and other channels, you can even ask for volunteers for that to not up your financial bugdet.

- You want to improve inflation? Use your mental capacity to find a better solution, not the most simple yet unfair solution. Using this for a second time in a row tells me you dont want to spend any of your time to think of something better. Like a 2 minutes tactical business meeting

7. I raised this issue on the last squish. The idea that the point was to cut gold and spur donations.

Other seem to share the same sentiment. Again we are told in this thread that its not the case because warmane does not generate gold..that it is sold player to player.

The question i wonder is this: Warmane staff play. How easy it would be for staff to have a toon or multiple toons across all realms. Use the powers that those on server side have to give those character unlimited gold. Then post that gold for sale for coins ( real world currency). I personally wondr how many gold sellers in the marketplace are real non-staff? We will never know....but i cant see any logic in any of this other than to benefit either the chinese/russian gold farmers (with a bot aimed at them) and the hidden staff posing as characters with god powers to give themselves unlimited gold and manage the gold for coins market.

8. Anyone noticed this part?

"ECONOMY
    October 20, 2017
    We are EXCITED to announce economy adjustments on all realms and new innovative ways to fight third-party gold selling services. For more information, read here."

Excited? Really? For what?

9. "With all of this in mind, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 4, 2018"

YAMERO

10. In all honesty, a gold squish is pissing on the people who support you through donations. I've bought gold through the item trade more than once, and now you're taking it away unless i spend it all...

11. I've been reading the posts in this thread silently. From what i have understood so far the gold squish is made to fix financial balance in the server in the same way that happened 1 year ago but they are trying to camouflage it behind the whole gold seller/gold buyer issue which is completely naive because this creates even more rage to the general public.
    You did not read properly.
    Gold squish and gold seller measure are two distinct topics.
    This makes you whole message completely irrelevant. Sorrieh.

12. I raised this issue on the last squish. The idea that the point was to cut gold and spur donations.

Other seem to share the same sentiment. Again we are told in this thread that its not the case because warmane does not generate gold..that it is sold player to player.

The question i wonder is this: Warmane staff play. How easy it would be for staff to have a toon or multiple toons across all realms. Use the powers that those on server side have to give those character unlimited gold. Then post that gold for sale for coins ( real world currency). I personally wondr how many gold sellers in the marketplace are real non-staff? We will never know....but i cant see any logic in any of this other than to benefit either the chinese/russian gold farmers (with a bot aimed at them) and the hidden staff posing as characters with god powers to give themselves unlimited gold and manage the gold for coins market.
    Oy, yoy.
    You just went full consipracy theorist.
    Never go full conspiracy theorist. No.
    Just dont.

13. It's not smart to take the common player to responsible for gold seller.

14. Oy, yoy.
    You just went full consipracy theorist.
    Never go full conspiracy theorist. No.
    Just dont.
    Why not. What can they do? Sounds like you are a hidden speaker for them...to attempt to quiet my comments. Do i believe they are doing that? I like to hope not. Are they capable of it? For sure! That possibility is out there no matter how much anyone denies it. Of course they wont admit it. Hell, i expect a mod to comment any minute now on my post ( a poster of all of about 10 posts) just like my comments got a response from mods nearly immediately after the last squish when i raised the alarm about donation farming. Othwewise it will be deleted even though there is no violation.

Just saying. They say gold is not "created" But THEY have the power to create gold, and have multiple characters to pose as to "sell" it for coins.

15. I got back on Icecrown few days ago and I spent over 5 hours a day just on farming herbs. 5 hours to make 4000 GOLDS barely and you will cut it now? Well gues what, I'm leaving, Ciao!

First ... 10181920212230 ... Last