1. Are you joking right now?I was poor every sence last gold squish i don't have the gold to train artistan riding on my alts and berely have gold for items that I NEED TO BUY IN ORDER TO DO PVE,and yet once again you are going to half the amount of gold i have now???wtf are you thinking the prices at Ah are still the same only people are poor af,well not donators ofc withc this gold squish is all abouth they will just give money and woalah same gold as before but we the poort ppl we are just cought up in a making money blast as i see.

2. We want Warmane securities to invest our gold!

3. A lot of people seem to get one thing wrong. We DO NOT SELL gold.
    If youre not a dev you literally cannot know this.

4. A lot of people seem to get one thing wrong. We DO NOT SELL gold. We do not create gold out of thin air. We only allow people to sell gold to EACH OTHER.

When you bought gold, you just bought it from another player.

The reason why we're doing this is because we've had great results before. Just because it's something people don't like, it doesn't mean it's not good for the realms.
    I do not see how you had great results, please give examples. We understand Warmane does not sell Gold, but Warmane does sell coins that are needed to purchase the Gold.
    The economy was worse in my opinion, more gold bots, more global gold spamming,,increase in prices on the marketplace trade and A.H. More Players advertising WTT Gold from real to realm on the forums. Many players have multiple characters and it takes allot of hard earned gold to support them. I have never heard of a massive game that you earned or traded gold to have it taken way by 1/2. It takes away the incentive to play for old players and new. Gold is part of the game, to support your characters and your Guild. It's a shame this is happening again and the players do not have any say in the matter.

BootyBabe

5. why you worry about your golds. u have 2 months + to spend it.

6. the last time it had great results was because it coincided with a rate change

dont assume things you do not understand
    This exactly. Unless you are planning to reduce rates further then this goldsquish seems pointless and punishing.

7. @Peregrine, I dont know if you used Google, or any other translation program, but I find your argumentation wrong and choice of words very odd.

1) You must realise that after some time gold influx is worth less and less thus making gold not worth at all,meaning stagnant auction house.
    To fight this you have to cut gold in some means (a lottery sink is also extremely good idea with mostly cheap tickets to pour in milions of gold into sink) that would make players both anew and old bidding more gold on "obsolete" items.
    Although I agree lottery system would benefit in almost insignificant amount, overall cutting 50% of the gold is the most lazy, not thought trough, unfair way you can deal with this future problem.
    It would be much more fair for everyone if the cut is % value based on how much gold there is in a given account. Simple Example:
    Account A has 40k gold between all of his toons. His gold is reduced by 10%
    Account B has 75k in possession. He gets 20% cut off
    Account C has over 120k. He gets 30%

It wouldnt matter if you trade the gold to another account, it gets deleted. You can spread the gold between however many accounts you have, it would still cut a decent amount.

2)Some bot farmers use extremly advanced auction method and never go in world,they can be affected by gold squish as well (some botters probably have milions of gold).
    Obviously Warmane can't ban 9000 users.
    Yes, they will be affected the most and with the new system implications that Warmane plans to do, those bot account will quickly fall off. There is your solution to the problem, not erasing 50% of the ingame currency.

3)Incentive to go out and play game is here.While Retail suffers from very same problem they have advanced tools i reckon compared to Warmane and more importantly they got massive support system that enables them to act more swiftly with problem
    (i remeber back in Wrath retail got struck by zilions of bots as well,one of them farmed on my hacked account 20k gold in 10 hours,tho it was never reversed by retail GM's at a time when i returned my accounted)
    they still face same issues hence black market auction house was enabled AND TOKEN implementation was made to fight this.
    (same as Warmane gold and character trade).
    Retail is not a magical world where Blizzard has machines of ultimate control that ban every single bot that does a repetitive set of movements, nor it auto solves an economy inflation. Its the same ****, people play the game nonstop for years, they create gold from instances and quests, and as soon as they buy or sell something, their gold gets in circulation. WoW Tokens were not made to fight this. They were made so that people with a lot of gold that play all the time can spend it on the tokens, which gives them game time in exchange of the convenience to not pay irl money on the game.
    However, the solution that Blizzard used was the offer to spend your gold on various of different items. Mounts, battle pets, toys and other random stuff.

The best way to prevent this is to allow players spend their ingame currency on services, visual upgrades and COINS.
    1. Everyone needs character services and all of them require VotePoints. How about you make it so that instead of clicking "Collect points" for 2 weeks, you spend 20k and you transfer your character to the opposite faction? This goes for the rest - Character Rename, Race Change, Character Restoraion.

2. We all want old tier, cool looking gear. That requires doing unscripted buggy content, which sucks, or doesnt work at all; or raiding, doing battlegrounds for scrolls. Make it so that we can spend gold on old tear gear and scrolls for transmog.

3. Mounts and companions. We all want them.

You can argue that all of those can be done/bought with coins, which you bought with gold in the first place, but people are lazy and uninformed, because the lack of set rules and simple information on the Coins to Gold rates. Make all of this clear and simple, or just make things cost gold.

If you still want to cut gold make it so that it is in reasonable amounts and fair to the rest of us. 50% is lazy.

8. If youre not a dev you literally cannot know this.
    Our word is our word. The entire point of the system is to allow players to profit from it, we only get a cut from the entire system. And since you directly addressed me, I know everything about Warmane like the back of my hand, it is my passion.

We have no need to hide anything, if we want to do something, we do it and we announce it proudly. We do not feel shame for the way we conduct ourselves.

the last time it had great results was because it coincided with a rate change

dont assume things you do not understand
    That's why it had great results on realms where there was no rate changes?

I do not see how you had great results, please give examples. We understand Warmane does not sell Gold, but Warmane does sell coins that are needed to purchase the Gold.
    The economy was worse in my opinion, more gold bots, more global gold spamming,,increase in prices on the marketplace trade and A.H. More Players advertising WTT Gold from real to realm on the forums. Many players have multiple characters and it takes allot of hard earned gold to support them. I have never heard of a massive game that you earned or traded gold to have it taken way by 1/2. It takes away the incentive to play for old players and new. Gold is part of the game, to support your characters and your Guild. It's a shame this is happening again and the players do not have any say in the matter.

BootyBabe
    More gold sellers and more bots is not something we caused by any chance. We are fighting this infestation daily and we despise it. It is organized, literally companies with people in their cubicles doing this as a 9-5 PM job.

The cause of that comes from something completely different and that is the global mass media drifting more attention towards the private server.

Also the gun control discussion has no place here.

9. Greetings Warmane community,

Beginning this year we've done a gold squish, cutting 50% of all gold across all systems, characters, storage and such. This brought out great results in our analysis and we believe doing it on a yearly basis benefits the economy greatly.

With all of this in mind, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 4, 2018 giving players, once again, our usual warning and plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the adjustment of the economy.

What this means is every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.

As you probably know, our rules prohibit sale of in-game goods via third-party, services. In most cases where players take part in such transactions, they end up losing their accounts, characters or worse, their personal data is obtained and sold to other more menacing third parties. We have done much in the past to combat this, from banning certain VPNs, implementing complex logging systems to procure the gold sources in such transactions and we, of course, have staff monitoring the global channels across our realms and we believe we have succeeded in countering a lot of this over the past few years.

We have also taken a stride in implementing yet another counter-measure, an artificial intelligence driven bot that detects gold seller spam, and dispenses swift punishment whilst also learning over time of the many patterns culprits reside to using.

Meet Jin, an artificial intelligence driven chat bot, which identifies gold spam (no matter how hard it is ciphered with non-latin characters), and learns over time to combat new attempts of gold selling.

The bot has been active for a few months now and it will only get better. With this, including a lot of internal staff effort on our side and many other measures we have, we hope to create an environment where no such game interruptions, as we consider them that way, will exist.

Kind regards
    Warmane
    Should make anti thunderfury bot lol

10. Our word is our word. The entire point of the system is to allow players to profit from it, we only get a cut from the entire system. And since you directly addressed me, I know everything about Warmane like the back of my hand, it is my passion.

We have no need to hide anything, if we want to do something, we do it and we announce it proudly. We do not feel shame for the way we conduct ourselves.

More gold sellers and more bots is not something we caused by any chance. We are fighting this infestation daily and we despise it. It is organized, literally companies with people in their cubicles doing this as a 9-5 PM job.

The cause of that comes from something completely different and that is the global mass media drifting more attention towards the private server.

Also the gun control discussion has no place here.
    No where in my post, I mentioned gun control, Please explain

11. [ .. ]
    [ .. ]
    The realms that will be affected are Icecrown, Neltharion and Frostwolf and the rates that will be set are the following:
    inotherwords the only realm that didn't see a rate change coincide with the squish was Lordaeron, which was a juvenile realm at that point
    juvenile realms tend to have more volatile economies
    all the mature realms have had rate changes accompany the gold squish

12. No where in my post, I mentioned gun control, Please explain
    He was referring to some nonsense discussion between two other people, which had mostly been deleted when he posted, but they were still insisting on continuing it.

13. That's why it had great results on realms where there was no rate changes?
    If the results were so great, why are we here, at this point?

I'm all for creating good circulation and steady economy, but this is merely a battle with windmill. People see way less incentive to actively participate in eceonomy and sink coins by trading on site. Why bother if next year economy is going to get disturbed again, then what.. next year again? -50% gold is just small part of consequences that will last half a year on economy until it "settles down". This is not "omg I will have less gold" post. I'm highly confident that I will benefit greatly from this squish, same as I did from previous. And so will the chineese farmers. What this accomplishes is people spending gold before squish on boe's and stuff so they don't "lost half" and instead they lose 85% of their wealth - it streams into chineese farmer and few barined people pockets.

14. You guys mean "Jin" - Jin the great one Jinsuntau??? (PROTEUS - leader - Icecrown)

15. He was referring to some nonsense discussion between two other people, which had mostly been deleted when he posted, but they were still insisting on continuing it.
    Your staff needs to be more careful as that was very insulting.

First ... 67891018 ... Last