1. R.I.P all the Hard work to get the gold

2. Beep Beep WTS 8-9k gold for 10 coins , will be result.
    Need more coin ( Indirectly you know what I mean) to get more gold unless u farm hard instead of enjoying the real content of wow. it might hurt but that's what gonna happen.

3. please don't do this on outland server it's already so hard to farm gold

4. so how is this not theft? If i paid money for coins then spent coins on gold, then the gold LEGALLY belongs to me in an official transaction. any taking of my property is theft. how do you justify that in a court of law?

5. Guys stop with these stupid ideas! IF a player got 100k gold, the squish will leave them with 50k and that's more than enough to live by, but if I new player joins the server and have 2k gold on the 4th of January, then he will left in shambles with those 2k, the poor players are the losing side here come on!!! This is not economy, this is ****!!!

6. Because this is *completely* fair to people who do not abuse any systems. People who multi box and do quests (which goes from earning 47g per quest to over 500g -Icecrown) should be the ones punished, not those who work hard to earn their gold. People who bought gold via the trade, that is stealing gold.

To a large majority of the player base this is not fair. Punish those who need it, not everyone all at once.

7. biggest bull**** u can do. this will now **** up everything since u lowered the gold droprate etc in general after the last flush. so year by year people will loose all of their gold no matter how they farmed it. makes no sense at all.

8. i mean i know its useless if hundreds of people flaming the forums they dont give a **** about the community anyways. But 1 thing: if u do the gold squish do u even realize it will be better for gold farmers and bots?:D i mean the droprate and rate from quests are still the same so after the flush its easy for THEM to get gold again but not for us normal players. and since we all loose our gold many people will buy it from them after the flush. Start listening to the community, 90% here doesnt want it. dont do the same mistake over and over again ....

9. by next year you'll be able to sell 10k gold for 200 coins, can't wait for the economy to get destroyed again

10. Machine learning... This **** is everyhere.
    I'll need to start a repo and try to code something related to it, like everyone does nowadays

11. So, half of my hard work on AH selling t-mog items, bars, herbs, etc in a completely legal way was for nothing? Especially considering the fact I'm playing on Lordaeron where gold and stuff don't come easy.

Why decent and fair players have to take it so hard? I guess I won't buy the mammoth and other things I was going to.

P.S. Such measures will only cause people like me (with very fair donated amounts) to reconsider continuing supporting the server.

After reading the local news .... I'm so deeply shocked to say the least.

I play solely on Lordaeron. Nevertheless, I have a Honored donation status. I used the coins for various purposes, including gold purchase through Warmane website (the only legit way). Something you allowed and made possible with your OWN system.

Now... it appears I'm gonna lose HALF of all my gold in a few months. Including some gold I fairly purchased from YOUR OWN website systems.

How is that fair? Now, if you DON'T want people to buy gold even through WARMANE WEBSITE, why do you even allow that? So now people who've done this and intended to keep some of the gold they bought in fair and square way, gonna get screwed by 50%???

Is that what I partially donated my money for? So some part is going to be TAKEN from me just like that, despite I've done NOTHING wrong?? Basically, now I must waste 95% of my gold on items I don't currently need just in order not to LOSE stuff I purchased in most fair and legitimate way.

Seriously, it doesn't even sound logical.

P.S. You guys may infract me / delete my post, but you won't change the fact I am VERY disappointed.
    I just recently started playing; my first private server. After messing around on Icecrown, I began talking with friends about playing on Lordaeron. Some still in retail but most have quit. All liked the idea of starting where we began.

On a 1x realm, we were going to do it just like we did back in the day; farming and hard work. Now that the King has imposed a tax we may scrap the whole thing.

I have enjoyed the last 2 weeks and made a donation. I purchased some gold with coins. I like to keep a healthy stash on my toons and in my guild and this is disappointing.

12. You could improve server economy by fighting bots efficiently and actually taking actions when the same bots are reported over and over again.

No need to screw up regular players who are not doing anything wrong. This gold squish is a joke.
    Exactly. This is just like what's going on with "gun control". A few bad people screw up a good thing and everybody gets punished for it.
    Some people play the game to raid.
    Some people play for the PvP.

I play to get rich. I get enough characters leveled up to cover all the trades, figure out what's selling currently for the most profit and I run my toons like a business. A well oiled business.

I played for years on the Cata servers and amassed millions on each one I played on through hard work and good business sense.
    Now I'm starting over on Icecrown because for whatever reason, Neltharion is dead.

Now this. This really takes the wind out of my sails. Where's my motivation to build up my fortune now, knowing that it will be cut in half in a few months?
    What about my poor toons on Cata who have been basically inactive for the last year. They've been halved already now another half.
    How many halves can you take before there's not enough left to operate?

Now let's talk about people trading coins for gold legitimately...
    Brilliant idea. It's a win win situation for all involved.
    Players with no real world cash to spend on coins can get them by grinding for in game gold and trading it for coins.
    Players with lots of real world cash can buy up that gold.
    The gold supply on the realm (theoretically) would stay the same with this system, effectively stopping inflation.

Now you "squish" my gold. But what if I paid real world cash for some of that gold? That's effectively retroactively charging me double for all the gold I bought.
    "About that 50,000 gold you just bought... it's now 25,000 gold. Yeah, sorry about that but bad people have been dumping illegitimate gold into the system so we're going to punish everyone for their actions."

Meh, what can you do... roll with the punches, I guess.

13. Why squish gold when the prices and economy are the same as they were just a few weeks after you squished the first time, Didn't you succeed in what you initially planned to do here?

Also assuming this gold selling will get better by taking away peoples gold defines all logics of economics.

First ... 4567816 ... Last