1. RIP to anyone playing on 1x servers that get hit by this. I've longed quit Medivh for a few months now. But this plus the community staff not addressing the population issue falling just flat out tells you what they care about (their p2w servers with increased rates). Then when those servers have issues with gold sellers they just cut your gold by 50% with no actual fix to back it up and screw over the little guys (the 1x servers). "Lets cut gold by 50% but not actually implement any fix so it won't happen in the future."

Farming 5k gold for epic flying just became extremely harder then it already is to farm 5kg for TBC.

Note: I have/did play on Blackrock when it was arena-tournament and i donated to the old team for all gear on all classes (it got grandfathered when they merged). And that's the only money I ever spent on private servers.

2. so when exactly is the squish going to happen?

3. so when exactly is the squish going to happen?
    "With all of this in mind, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 4, 2018 giving players, once again, our usual warning and plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the adjustment of the economy. "

4. I am playing here (Medivh, Outland) for fun, couple hours every week, trying to get epic mount on my character...

Does it really mean, that I HAVE to get 5000g and buy it before the squish? If I end up with 4800G, next day I will be at 2400G? :/ That...well...su*ks

Why is it even happening? When I was playing on retail, this never happened (and yes, there were gold farmers, people using programs/apps for auctions as well). Why should I care as a player that someone has 5000000G? How many account does have this ammount of gold? 0,2% If you want to target these players, then do it differently...But with this approach you target other people like me and I don't see a reason why should I play here anymore. And if I decide to stay- at the end I will be "forced" to buy money from someone and I might end up getting banned. Good job

5. This will only affect regular players. Well done...

6. The global chat is way more clean, now the "gold sellers" spam is through the mail box. There is any way the Jin get them?

7. Why not just bring the lottery back? I mean the economy is in a good place now and the lottery would help maintain it ? and you wouldn't be making half the server hate you for it.

8. Next thing they will tell that there will be a coin squish too ... Its like "You have worked hard and earned 200k too bad because some other guy just bought it and now we are going to **** both of you."

9. Why not just bring the lottery back? I mean the economy is in a good place now and the lottery would help maintain it ? and you wouldn't be making half the server hate you for it.
    Introduce your children to gambling while they are young. Underage gambling is "the way" in gaming. Everybody loves gambling because its practically charity.

10. So one of the games I used to play tried something different - They took away in game currency in game, even COD's. Maybe an option? I am Lordaeron 1x

11. Introduce your children to gambling while they are young. Underage gambling is "the way" in gaming. Everybody loves gambling because its practically charity.
    +1 Finally someone trying to bring in some fun. I felt sooo alone.

12. So one of the games I used to play tried something different - They took away in game currency in game, even COD's. Maybe an option? I am Lordaeron 1x
    These are all far too weak suggestions. We need a proper armaggedon.
    Let's make every donor's credit card details freely available on the site.

This was a joke in case somebody would try to push Poe's law on me.

13. Frankly I don't think this (Gold Squish) is as necessary as it was the first time, doing this again (as many others have said) ONLY punishes people who work diligently for their gold.

MoP server is already dying, many broken quest chains have been broken for a long time, and various bugs still not addresses (submitting a ticket and getting response to check Bugtracker is a bandaid, so many remain without any response (even indicating it will be addressed or team looking into it etc )). While I understand that BC and Frostwolf have a larger population etc - cutting the gold in half of the players that "still" play on this server in spite of various shortcomings, only punishes us loyal fans of the game and this (my preferred) expansion. I am not ignorant of the fact that Warmane has a limited budget and staff - I applaud your efforts - but don't think solutions such as cutting players gold in half solves anything when the issue is "Bots" and "Gold Sales from temporary characters representing Gold Farmers"

I wouldn't be surprised to see the population decrease again, as a result of this action.

Suddenly the monthly cost of a subscription to return to the Retail Game is becoming more attractive....

Note: for those who feel the need to respond with something along the lines of "QQ much" etc - again, I acknowledge the efforts of Warmane Staff, they do an excellent job, provide a FREE service (severs) - I just am unconvinced that a another "Gold Squish" one year later is NOT the correct action for this issue ;-)

14. New to the Icecrown server and I gotta say this really makes me not want to donate anymore or even play because whats the point if its all gonna be cut in half in two months. Like why bother?

15. If the cost of mounts and riding remain the same this just makes it incredibly difficult to afford any of that. Same with dual-spec. If the gold is being halved then those costs should be as well.

First ... 9171819202129 ... Last