1. New forum Wardens for specific realms and more

Hello,

First of all, I will put all my ideas in that thread instead of creating 2 or 3, but I will try to organizes my ideas as much as I can so it will be more simple for everyone.

1. Forum Wardens for specific realms

- This is an idea I came up a few months ago, but it took me a while to re-work on it. This is the final results : the idea is pretty much simple, in fact : there would be 1 Warden for every realm on Warmane. The Wardens (just like the ones from "own language sub-forum") would have to apply and, of course, there would be some conditions :

1.1 Conditions

- The Wardens would have to be PLAYERS from that specific realm.

- The Wardens would have to play on an 100% clean account.

- The Wardens would have to play on an account that is more than 1 year old (except from TBC realms because they're younger). It could even be 2 years old.

- Of course, the Wardens would have to be very active on forums.

1.2 How would it improve the actual situation?

Well, let's take for example the "Specific Languages" Wardens. They help moderators by answering to players in a different language. The idea is very close to that : the fact that the Wardens would have to be players that played on the specific realm for more than 1 or 2 years, would benefit a lot of people because that way, players would be able to ask very specific in-game questions to the Wardens. Also, it would be easier for actual Moderators to answer everything. The Wardens would have better knowledge of his own expansion than the Moderators.

Also, the fact that the Wardens would be a player would also benefit people in-game. They would have the possibility to whisper the player and ask him questions directly. The result would be : extremely faster support and the capacity to be more specific with better knowledge.

1.3 What about the actual Moderators?

The job would just be easier for them. They would have to watch over Wardens at the beginning, but it would help them to support other sub-forums at their best because they wouldn't have to focus on the specific realms sub-forums.

2. New features for Wardens.

That comes with the first idea, and as a Warden myself, I feel like this could be helpful. The idea is to give more power to the Wardens BUT everything would be very controlled.

For example : Giving the opportunity for a Warden to "mute" (and not Ban) for a specific amount of time. The Warden would have to give the reason obviously so anytime the moderators could watch if the mute was justified or not. That would help Wardens to have more control over their specific sub-forum. As I said, it comes with the first idea because actual Wardens have very little work to do because most of the communities are small. But if it would be possible to have "Realms Specific" Wardens, then that would be very useful. (And of course by "muting" I mean the user wouldn't be allowed to post, but would still be allowed to send private messages so if anything bad happens, the user would be able to message a real moderator for better support)

That was only one example, but the powers could be like Moderators. As long as it is well controlled.

As a conclusion, I think it would benefit both sides to have ONE warden per realm (maybe two if a realm has more than 10k population) for all the reasons I stated above. The main objectives would be to give faster and better support on Forums and In-Game about very specific questions to all players. It stays a basic idea and Warmane is 100% free to adapt or transform it as they wish, but addind this new role would be a good idea in my opinion.

Thank you for reading me and don't hesitate to add new ideas if you have more. Give a +1 if you agree or explain why you disagree ; every suggestions is appreciated and your participation is needed! :)

Yours,
    Horribull.

2. I think the last thing we need is more moderation on the forum. It is important that the forum isn't over-moderated. We also don't need an "easier time" moderating the forum. Our team is properly equipped to handle the forum as it is. Any potential "Wardens" for these sections are all fully capable of answering questions players may have without any such forum title or privilege. It is important to note that Forum Moderators and Warden's roles are not to answer questions. We are here to moderate and enforce the rules. The Wardens are an extension purely because we like to have access to people who can speak languages currently not available within the Moderator team. Nothing more. Answering questions is the role of our Community Manager team. Moderators may answer questions when they have pertinent information or wish to provide their opinion, but that is a personal choice that is nowhere on the Forum Moderator job description.

The team also feels the posting of this suggestion was inappropriate. You're already a Warden. You have direct access to myself and Palutena in forum private messages and on Skype. This should have been sent to us. If you were hoping to rally the community behind the idea or have other staff members give their opinions, none of that matters when the decision relies solely on Palutena's discretion. If you have any ideas or suggestions for the forum in the future, I would like to encourage you to come speak to me or especially Palutena.

Edit: In case the post didn't make it clear, this suggestion is declined.