1. Botting on warmane..?

Hey guys. I've been playing on Warmane for some time now and I'm getting really tired of seeing bots all the time. You can't have herbalsm or mining because there are several bots running around gathering at the same time. You have MANY druid bots farming everywhere in the world. Sometimes I add the bots to my friend list and i write to the gamemasters, urging them to take a look at their behavior, every time they respond that they will look into it. However all the bots are stilling running day in and day out. I have been looking at the same bot farming a cave in Netherstorm for 1-2 months now. Imagine how many bots there are and how they ruin the ecomony, how they allow for easy purchase of chars on Warmanes website. This servers was critiqued about its P2W shop, but the bot problem is in my opinion far worse. I just recorded some clips of various bots around the world. It took med 10-15 min to find a few grind bots and 2 gatheres.

What can we do?
    Edited: October 20, 2017 Reason: Correction text

2. To answer your question, there's not a whole lot more that you can do. They are getting banned by the droves. IP bans have been going out too, but if you check the forums frequently enough, particularly the Support & Q/A section, you'll see that the IP bans are being a problem for our regular members who use VPNs or Hotspots as well. We've even created an anti-spam AI a few months ago to help with the gold seller spam on global channels and say chat. It's like being swarmed with ants. Do you risk setting yourself on fire to get rid of all of the ants? We're doing what we can, and if you have any suggestions for what the community might do to help, those would be appreciated as well.

3. We're doing what we can, and if you have any suggestions for what the community might do to help, those would be appreciated as well.
    U should purchase gold on these gold trading websites and then track down the IP of the account that delivers the gold ingame. Then make a range IP ban.

4. Whatever is "being done" is simply not enough. I posted in the Outland forums earlier on this issue, while i was "policing" Tanaris while farming mining.

I found TONS of botters grinding mobs to level, and they're so predictable it's uncanny. If it was the opposite faction botter i could simply sheep them and they would instantly attack my level 70, as a level 40. They would use the SAME EXACT rotation of spells on me, regardless of circumstance. Then after death, they release spirit before their body hits the floor.

It's extremely annoying knowing how prevalent this is, seeing as i ran into more botters than actual players. Warmane needs to spend less time implementing useless 50% gold removal for inflation, and more time policing the constant botting issue that plagues their servers. Even paying a single person to go around doing what i did, and IP banning the use responsible would make a dent in this. And this is coming from a Warmane fanboy.

5. To answer your question, there's not a whole lot more that you can do. They are getting banned by the droves. IP bans have been going out too, but if you check the forums frequently enough, particularly the Support & Q/A section, you'll see that the IP bans are being a problem for our regular members who use VPNs or Hotspots as well. We've even created an anti-spam AI a few months ago to help with the gold seller spam on global channels and say chat. It's like being swarmed with ants. Do you risk setting yourself on fire to get rid of all of the ants? We're doing what we can, and if you have any suggestions for what the community might do to help, those would be appreciated as well.
    How hard it it to ban the actual farmers? You're talking about spam in chat (which I barely see, I guess THAT works). That's not what we are talking about. I have seen many botters in Outland, but also for example Arathi Highlands, Tanaris, Dire Maul that are botting for days. It shouldn't be too difficult to ban them swiftly, and will probably be effective.

It's a big problem because the botters repeatedly keep killing the same quest mobs. Making it really annoying to quest when all mobs are dead.

6. A friend of mine reported well over 9 botters like a month in a half ago several times, but nothing was done. Even went as far as to trapping the botters who were mindlessly killing the same mobs over and over again, but nothing was done.
    Another situation was when fighting a bot, anti-cheat caused me to be displaced and unable to move, had to alt f4 the game in order to play my rogue properly.

That being said, not much isn't being done compared to how it was like in the past. plus kicking bots from BG doesn't work like it should.

7. We do our best to stop bots, but the reality is, botters and hackers and exploiters can't be 100% destroyed. Another factor is Anti Cheat, it causes problems too, in addition it gives botters ability to exploit the Anti Cheat to stop you in youe tracks and cause you to alt f4 when it does happen.

We effectively give them power if nothing gets fixed, especially the relog ress.

8. On alliance side there is a guild called "MRONETEAM", which is one guy running 5 hunter bots day in and day out. I've written to Warmane atleast 4 times about this, but they dont do anything about it. How hard can it be for a gamemaster to teleport to them and then instaban?? i mean cmon!

I also report many other botters: Grinders, gatherer, lvls etc. They dont do anything about it.

9. I'm levelling an alt to **** up bots, getting them stuck etc. I don't believe the reports are taken seriously. Also the lack of feedback 'we can't inform you of actions taken', just doesn't add ANY trust to the case.

10. How hard it it to ban the actual farmers?
    Easy. Tons are banned on a daily basis.
    You're talking about spam in chat (which I barely see, I guess THAT works). That's not what we are talking about.
    What I said isn't limited to spam in chat. Those mentions of chat spam in my post was an example.
    I have seen many botters in Outland, but also for example Arathi Highlands, Tanaris, Dire Maul that are botting for days. It shouldn't be too difficult to ban them swiftly, and will probably be effective.

It's a big problem because the botters repeatedly keep killing the same quest mobs. Making it really annoying to quest when all mobs are dead.
    I think you underestimate just how many of them there are, and how easy it is for them to recover from bans.
    I'm levelling an alt to **** up bots, getting them stuck etc. I don't believe the reports are taken seriously. Also the lack of feedback 'we can't inform you of actions taken', just doesn't add ANY trust to the case.
    Why do you feel you should be privy to the privacy of others? You being told whether action was taken isn't going to help anyone except satisfy your curiosity, which is not important in this situation at all.

Also, all these posts about "They aren't doing anything about it!" I'm just going to go ahead and guess that you guys aren't super active in the game, because if you were, you'd see lots of bans going out every day. I understand the complains, seeing so many bots around is frustrating. But action is being taken. It's just really hard to make a dent when there are so many and it's so easy to get such bots in place with the amped experience rates.